forum logo

Eleidon's Guide to Chopping Wood. Return to Strategy

♚尺εd♚

World: Legends
Gold: 1822395
Flags: 1501

Re: Eleidon's Guide to Chopping Wood.

Post by ♚尺εd♚ on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:25 am

Does your time per chop include tapping to harvest berry or not? I'm assuming not since it wasn't mentioned, but I'd love to see a comparison hour of harvesting berries and chopping wood done to see how it compares to the "pure chopping" hour.

Sir Eoran the Red

Eleidon

Gold: 58780
Flags: 1544

Post by Eleidon on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:11 am

∫ιℜ♚ξoяค₪♚Tђε♚尺εd wrote:Does your time per chop include tapping to harvest berry or not? I'm assuming not since it wasn't mentioned, but I'd love to see a comparison hour of harvesting berries and chopping wood done to see how it compares to the "pure chopping" hour.

Sir Eoran the Red

I did harvest berries every few trees, maybe one every four or five. Harvesting berries does not take that long and will not change your profits majorly.

gⓞⓞƒ™
The Phoenix

Gold: 708891
Flags: 2479

Post by gⓞⓞƒ™ on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Just my opinion but id think harvesting berries would drastically change your profit margin for the better because even if u don't sell them (I don't know going price so can't add that figure) but dumping value is 10 gold each so your adding a pretty good chunk of change to your profit margin by harvesting berries (and snow for now to)

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Berries can often be sold at 30 gold each or more. If your trees are dense, I'd expect the harvesting to have a significant impact on the time (at least half a second) but if you're walking between trees that impact can be next to nothing, because you can have the tree tapped and ready to chop immediately once you get to the tree and not really lose noticeable time.

«£∮»რıяɑʛɛ
The Phoenix

Gold: 3104345
Flags: 11995

Post by «£∮»რıяɑʛɛ on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:09 pm

Nice post about the best chopping methods.

With the chopping gloves, one can have a platinum membership and get the platinum required for the gloves for "free". Yes it costs rl money per month, but your analysis was intended to analyze the resulting gold earnings using various methods to improve profitability. Platinum membership would be one of those methods. Although, after writing this, I realize you only get 1 chopping glove per day (10 plat), so perhaps that makes it a moot point, lol.

However, there are far better uses for platinum if your goal is the most profit per hour. 10 platinum to get 1 chopping glove to get 100 chops. 10k gold cost to get 16k gold revenue. Not the best return. Think about mining gloves. 10 platinum gets you 3 mining gloves, 300 mines (3x the # of chops) and almost every resource is 2x the value of wood or more. My business model yields me 250-275k per hour (operating costs are low for a variety of reasons, maybe 5% worst case). :D I can play for about 3 hours a day and clear about 650k. That would take you about 7 hours to do. Of course, being in the mining business requires some up front cost to establish your territory, a decent amount of effort to optimize and memorize the runs for maximum efficiency and gain some contacts for easy selling, but once there, it's far better than grinding water hunting (or chopping wood) for hours on end imo. You login, do your run and then chat, bs, run an sc, do whatever you want after that without having to worry about doing the things that make you the most gold. When I think about spending 325k for an item, I think, meh, it only costs me a mining run. That kind of financial freedom in PK is priceless.

Milk•'N•Cookies
The Dreadknight

Gold: 169621
Flags: 599

Post by Milk•'N•Cookies on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Nice stats. I am actually most dependent on gold for finance.

Previous