Weapons vs. Leveling Return to Guide Discussion

Carnassius
The Phoenix

World: Legends
Gold: 320480
Flags: 24

Weapons vs. Leveling

Post by Carnassius on Fri May 18, 2012 2:36 pm

I've been reading the guide and I can't seem to find any information on weapon numbers.

What I mean by this is that I've been investing a lot of my energy leveling my character (He's a Lv. 10... yay!) But my weapon is still at Sword +6.

Is there anyone that can help explain to me how important it is to have a Sword at a high level, and its comparison to character leveling? Unfortunately, there's no stat button that I can find that can tell me my character's combat statistics.

Thanks,

Carn/Jon

MissMoon
The Green

Gold: 15734338
Flags: 1919

Re: Weapons vs. Leveling

Post by MissMoon on Fri May 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Your highest weapon and highest armor are averaged to determine what difficulty monsters will be spawned when you enter a circle. Your character level has nothing to do with it unless you have the Oiyoi skills. The harder the monsters you kill, the more gold you'll get from killing them. Outside of Oiyoi considerations, your character level only affects how many skills you have at your disposal.

Spiny.Lobster
The Ranger

Gold: 118469
Flags: 337

Post by Spiny.Lobster on Fri May 18, 2012 3:34 pm

http://guide.parallelkingdom.com/index. ... tive_Level

Effective level is average based on your armor and weapons. My interpretation of the guide page above is that *player level* does not carry any weight (unless that's somewhere else in the guide).

Also, if you will find a city with the *Proving Grounds* building, you can enter it and in one corner is a dummy; attack the dummy and it returns a message with your system measured effective level.

Spiny.Lobster
The Ranger

Gold: 118469
Flags: 337

Post by Spiny.Lobster on Fri May 18, 2012 3:43 pm

From the Guide for OMA skill:
For the purposes of calculating the effective level any player who has level one or more in Oiyoi Martial Arts is considered to have a weapon and armor equal to their player level to max of 25.

Carnassius
The Phoenix

Gold: 320480
Flags: 24

Post by Carnassius on Mon May 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks for the answer folks. I've been investing food in the wrong things, lol!

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue May 22, 2012 1:43 am

I was advised to try and match your armour to your level, then your weapon at the same level or the one below.
If you use both a shield and breastplate, they should be equal level.
Obviously a restart who knows how to hunt or PvP already can handle higher level equipment, but tackling epic monsters when you havent yet mastered the combat system is not to be recommended.

belivingtheword
The Fury

Gold: 8617479
Flags: 399

Post by belivingtheword on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Spiny.Lobster wrote:From the Guide for OMA skill:
For the purposes of calculating the effective level any player who has level one or more in Oiyoi Martial Arts is considered to have a weapon and armor equal to their player level to max of 25.

I think this was changed to level 23 cap for OMA, but you can use the combat training bonus to get +25 effective level.