Precious Relics Return to Off Topic

Cole0
The Eco-Warrior

World: Legends
Gold: 78701
Flags: 6491

Precious Relics

Post by Cole0 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:41 pm

At first the event looked almost impossible. Things were slow. An invite here and there. Then a train appeared out of the blue. As each prison fell one by one the riders among the train were taken to each. One right after the other we entered and completed, and a fine tip was gifted to the host. As the first week of the event comes to an end, Id like to post this in gratitude to the very helpful PK community that aided in this event, I present our adventure.

We all took out our relic potions and took a swig before entering. Our numbers climbed from a few to a few hundred. Each prison gained new members after each stop. After we had all gathered, we entered the prison, planned our route carefully, and then began to slay our minions to prevent them from becoming prisoners themselves. As we approached the maze with our weapons held high we all charged in. Door after door we finally came upon a cold steel door bolted shut. As the first wave of the train shield charged the door off its hedges, the second charged in ready for action. Centurion was surprised and quickly yelled in a voice so deep that our gear rattled on our bodies, but we showed no fear! He said, "You cannot grasp what it means to be Ascended. You could not control such power!". Little did he know those would be his last words. As he swung his javelin our melees rushed in and stopped the swing dead in its tracks and we quickly pierced his armor. No sooner than we had entered the room we exited with his relics in our backpacks. We marched forward to free the Valkyries from imprisonment of the wretched Tormentors and saved their souls from the thieving Zealots, but sadly we only had time to free those within our path. Before we knew it we saw a dim light straight ahead and went to it. There she was, Lady Serpentia. She screeched at us "Ah! A new toy to break. These Valkyries were beginning to bore me.", but we weren't here to play, well not nice anyway. Her Naga's began to hatch by the dozens and latched onto us with their sharp fangs cutting through our armor. The poison ran through our blood, but caused no more than a little tingle because a few of our party members had been blessed by the warden with his healing aura. She saw her babies had no effect on us and changed into her snake form. As she slithered to us in a rage there was a loud noise. "BOOM, BOOM, CLANG!". The Valkyries exploded into the room to take revenge upon her for the wrongs she had done to them. She then changed to her half human form and begged us to spare her. We laughed and delivered a final blow that flung the ring from her nose. We gathered the second set of relics, thanked the Valkyries for their help, and went on our way. The Stairs of Judgment were up ahead now. We started up them when we were ambushed by a group of Deathsoar Executioners and a few other members of the Deathsour Legion. They were put to death as quickly as a crawler and we continued up the staircase. What looked like some sort of thick goop now began to trickled down the stairs. We knew we were close now. At the top of the stairs we saw a large arch. We entered the large room when "THUNK", the door closed behind us and blasted a wind so strong that our lanterns went out. "You will be judged!" Echoed around the room in three different pitches. We were face to faces with Cerberus. The three brothers, Flame, Maw, and Gaze guarded the alter behind them. We fanned out, some going left, some going right, and others going right in between. The brothers fought hard, but failed. They died with their tail tucked between their legs and they gave one last little whimper as their legs collapsed on them. The last bit of relics were collected and the alter opened revealing a piece of the key. After grabbing the key piece we escaped the prison, checked what the wondering merchant had for us to purchase, and set out to do another mass prison break.

*Just an idea of how big the train was: We kept getting kicked because we reached the server limit a few times and a few prisons glitched on us and locked us inside because there was no door. lol*

**I would like to also say: I'm proud of the PK community for coming together and working with one another to get this event done. Enemies didn't fight while we were running prisons on the train and with the exception of a few scammers everybody left the drops and key pieces to the host. You guys are awesome!**
Screenshot_2013-08-29-18-47-47.png
Large Group
Screenshot_2013-09-01-21-18-56.png
Posing in the Dog House

Diokhan
The Phoenix

Gold: 633544
Flags: 3701

Re: Precious Relics

Post by Diokhan on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:33 pm

Hats off to Sothereman, for the 100.000 invites lol.
And thanks to everyone who helped us, to reach the 10k relic points.

{T€}Zyga21
ヒーロー

Gold: 94824
Flags: 17

Post by {T€}Zyga21 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Now I feel like adding my screencap.
Screenshot_2013-08-30-04-47-19.png

Ғαcε
The Phoenix

Gold: 19023920
Flags: 2216

Post by Ғαcε on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:36 am

+1 Cole, My vote goes here for forum post of the week for the well written story :-)

It was a fun event like Cole described with friends and enemies coming together to achieve 1 goal.

Big thanks from me for the conductors that hosted the trains I ran on, Angelese, Attvek, Sotherman, ZZIWastedANcsOnThis and of course Cole

Thanks for the event Devs!

Ғαcε
The Phoenix

Gold: 19023920
Flags: 2216

Post by Ғαcε on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:48 am

I would add a couple of screenshots but its not letting me for some reason, says invalid file type. Tried .PNG and .JPEG

Cole0
The Eco-Warrior

Gold: 78701
Flags: 6491

Post by Cole0 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:46 am

thanks :p, i had to upload my screenshots via computer. for some reason it wouldnt let me do it through y phone, it gave me the same reasons you said.

Dale~TheOriginal
The Forgemaster

Gold: 1937799
Flags: 615

Post by Dale~TheOriginal on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:30 am

Gotta Love it!
Attachments
SC20130902-175119.png
Good times!
SC20130213-062957.png
Thank you Anglese for getting all these people together!!