Back to PK
forum logo

Has anyone that pays to play ever gotten a Phoenix? Return to Off Topic

Safira~
The Drunk

World: Legends
Gold: 159465
Flags: 1395

Re: Has anyone that pays to play ever gotten a Phoenix?

Post by Safira~ on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:08 pm

I am recently platinum. Never buy food. Have thousands of flags. No Phoenix attack.

As for the 5 food you used to get..that is something you got as a noob. It is earned by hunting but limited. When I first started we used to get our start up food in a lump sum, now it's staggered.

belivingtheword
The Fury

Gold: 8617479
Flags: 399

Post by belivingtheword on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:56 am

Here is another article from wikipedia, considering your interest in what "random" truly means.

Random Number Generation

Computational methods: Pseudo-random number generators (PRNGs) are algorithms that can automatically create long runs of numbers with good random properties but eventually the sequence repeats (or the memory usage grows without bound).

So, either the sequence repeats, or perhaps this is one cause of server lag as it uses up memory.

At any rate, a computer generated random number can be improved on. With as many base players as Perblue has, you could make your own random numbers using the unpredictable nature of player activities, instead of based solely on a computer computation. Unfortunately, I doubt the person who wrote this particular code has any interest in revisiting it.

limitnsqueakerz™

Gold: 194667
Flags: 14276

Post by limitnsqueakerz™ on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:42 am

trust me paying has nothing do with how many phoenix you have killed. example if you must have is have have spent a ton of money dont ask you wont believe me if i told you. But i have an only had 1 phoenix. now flag counts matter. build public/normal flags in a public area. and when people use your flags it greatens the chance for one. but i am sure if your passage is like 25 or 50 or more people wont visit your flags. as a suggestion keep it low to ensure more flag travel. just an idea

[CaL]-Bawpotter

Gold: 830103
Flags: 297

Post by [CaL]-Bawpotter on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:31 pm

I've been Platinum for almost a year, bought food a few times. Never seen a Phoenix. Then again, I don't have many flags and they are not in popular areas. I trust the devs, if they say it's random, it's random.

TheIronTyler
The PerBlue Producer

Gold: 868248
Flags: 30

Post by TheIronTyler on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:58 am

belivingtheword wrote:So, either the sequence repeats, or perhaps this is one cause of server lag as it uses up memory.

At any rate, a computer generated random number can be improved on. With as many base players as Perblue has, you could make your own random numbers using the unpredictable nature of player activities, instead of based solely on a computer computation. Unfortunately, I doubt the person who wrote this particular code has any interest in revisiting it.

How that random data is seeded and the level of complexity are extremely important when talking about computational RNG and its "flaws." The way its done in Parallel Kingdom, it will never cause certain Players to have 0% chance to find a Phoenix so you can throw away that concern. They're simply rare and unpredictable (and rare).

BigOdenDaddy wrote:And ya'll know there is one chick who has had 7 Fing attacks! How is that RANDOM?!?! lol

No one has had 7 Phoenixes attacks (last time I checked, the highest was a single person that had 3). And before you say "but their Badge Count!," keep in mind that there is no Badge Count that tracks how many Phoenixes attack your Flags (only the number of Phoenixes that you are involved in defeating, invites included).

{ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™

Gold: 173829
Flags: 408

Post by {ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™ on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:58 am

BigOdenDaddy wrote:And ya'll know there is one chick who has had 7 Fing attacks! How is that RANDOM?!?! lol

No one has had 7 Phoenixes attacks (last time I checked, the highest was a single person that had 3). And before you say "but their Badge Count!," keep in mind that there is no Badge Count that tracks how many Phoenixes attack your Flags (only the number of Phoenixes that you are involved in defeating, invites included).[/quote]

Tru dat.

belivingtheword
The Fury

Gold: 8617479
Flags: 399

Post by belivingtheword on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:15 am

Yes, that was indeed a good answer from Tyler.

-VII-βσηEz-4-L†FE-
The Phoenix

Gold: 21407
Flags: 168

Post by -VII-βσηEz-4-L†FE- on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:42 am

i dont pay to play and have had 3 pheonixs. They are random. :mrgreen:

✯ɧʋɳɬɼɛʂʂ✯
The Phoenix

Gold: 37408436
Flags: 7580

Post by ✯ɧʋɳɬɼɛʂʂ✯ on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:15 pm

I got four Phoenix, all while I was paying for plat membership

Digital~Ninja
The Death Knight

Gold: 133567
Flags: 2418

Post by Digital~Ninja on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:52 pm

I have played for over 2 years and have bought hardly any food. I have never been plat and i have almost 2k flags but yet i have yet to find a pheonix. :cry:

Previous