PK. A story turned into a blog. A beginning to an end Return to The Town Pub

«£∮»♪Tranceformer♪
The Assassin

World: Legends
Gold: 16416
Flags: 3889

PK. A story turned into a blog. A beginning to an end

Post by «£∮»♪Tranceformer♪ on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Hello everyone, I want to introduce myself to those that may not know me. I'm Skip. Aka Skipponator of a few variations. 197 days ago I was introduced to PK. I figured, heck, I'll give it a try. I died bytch slapping a vicious stag. I was like, okay... Then I decided to not bite off more than I could chew. I wandered around a couple of circles and found a backpack, and thought oh cool! I showed the friend who introduced me with some excitement. He was like, blah blah its a pack. So I hunted around a bit and hit "relocate". Ahhhh, it placed me at my work in a metropolitan area. Well, I was like, I want the Fort! So I noticed there was a flag there. Being the 42 minute old noob that I was, I hit attack and then burn. Well, I got a nasty message. So I said it was my work and I wanted it. I was then explained that I should ask first. I apologized and blamed my noobness on my failure. He forgave me, and I got my work staked down :twisted: Then I moved around. I burned someone named Roberto-the-magnificant since he was working on 20k flags and had like 18k. I figured he could spare one or two. So I burned them. He instantly msged me pizzed off. So, I said that my friend told me to and I was just learning. All of a sudden he showed up and took my only flag. Then explained about high level players. I apologized, and he forgave me. Well, I wasn't done. I found my first cave. Well, being the poor SOB that I was, I did the next easiest thing. Burn. Then I took control and mined. Well, a fellow by the name of Quantas77 messaged me. He was not too pleased. I once again played the noob-I'm-stupid-and-learning game. He explained stuff to me, and said that he could wipe me out. I apologized profusely. A few minutes went by and Quantas said I could have the mine and any others in my area with no retaliation. Then he showed me a bit of grace. He sent me 4k gold. WOW!!!! 4k gold!!

Having now 4,318 gold, I felt rich! I upgraded my sword and breast plate to like level 8 or something and went hunting away. Over the next few day, I decided I would chop trees. I cleared out the metro area of every tree I could find. I would sell in lots of 1k to 3k, never once being scammed. In no time, I had good weps. My first Happy Valley visit I bought a 18 dead sword and 23 dead breast plate. I went to town hunting, chopping and mining. I was probably a level 8, about 6 days in. I was doing a level a day once I hit 18. So at about this time, I co-founded my first city with the help of Quantas and a new friend, Twisty. At this time, I also met GarlicBeGood. They taught me some stuff. In this new city, I saw SBGMANTOR's manor and a Christmas tree. I thought, the lights were pretty and if I chopped it, that I would get it. well, I chopped it, and I got no lights, and pretty sure I probably pizzed Mantor off. In an evil way, I snickered because I learned how $$$$ lights were and I didn't know that they went in inventory, so I thought he was SOL.

Then about that time I met my first real good close PK friend at level 26 if I remember correctly. EnFuego(currently SouLShaman). I was on the hunt for a scumbag named Cheddafromunda who decided to burn me when I was like a 9. I tried to reason with him, but he did nothing be disrespectful(Quantas you would remember by my comment of "cocked off to me" when I tried to reason with him lol) So, I vowed to hunt this guy down from MN to TN. EnFuego helped me blazing a path. Once in the area, I got an invite. I burned a few flags, quite a few, as well as people that were his friend and a lot of inactives. I found a roc shadow, and follwed it. I ran into 2 awesome people. DJ_Aviator and Daizyface(currently SouL_Reaper and SouL_Daizy). They let me hunt with them, and were humored by my diligence on hunting down this level 8 or so guy named Chedda. They also noticed I provided plenty of lighting in their city. Now, I was probably a level 28 at this time(mind you a day or two went by) but still very much a noob. I was terrified of DJ and Daizy. They were 30 and playing a lot longer than the 4 weeks that I was, and prolly coulda smoked me like Cheech n Chong. I had awesome new friends! I set up my first tower around Chedda's stuff. Named it Melt da chedda which happened to be next to a lair/cavern combo. pew pew pew the arrows flew.
I ran into Chedda. He ran. Never to be seen again. The burning stopped.

By day 41 I was level 30. Pretty cool. I discovered assassin skill and put it to use. Burned a few problematic people and just continued to hunt. Not much exciting happened from day 41 until like day 100 or so. I joined New Liberty and hunted around. Tried to get into brick gathering, but it just wasn't working for me. I mostly gathered and hoarded stuff all over the world. People that have been in my manor know how I hoard. Since I hunted Chedda down, I was put to a task by some friends to hunt some people down far far away. I spent an entire weekend blazing a path in the woods from point A, to point B, C, D, E F, and G, building foundations at each spot. I gave these friends many keys for their Kingdom. They had a war going on, and they needed help.

See, in RL(rl for you noobs) I grew up an only child living in the country. I explored the woods, swamps, fields, lakes, on my own for entertainment. So going off building foundations and hunting was a blast on PK!

I then soon later was accepted in the Empire of LoSt SouLs. I was welcomed by so many people that I never met before. Kamrar, Marley, Fuzz, Stevo, SickSide, Mavet, Franky, Velvet, and of course Daizy and DJ(not complete current names). I was brought in, in the middle of a war too between SouL and BKS. One would think that could be a turn-off, but I had never seen a war before and quickly found out what it was like. I had been a neutral party with Reno, but I was now loyal to SouL, so their war, was now my war in my eyes. We settled that war in a few days. Then we lived in peace. :)

So up to this time, hats were nothing that I remotely cared about. I was like, wow, you got a hat. Whooptie doo. Well, about 3 weeks in, I decided to try to go for my first hat. Conan. This was the week after Super Skellie week *sigh I miss super skellies, even when I watched -440k gold float away as I went poof from accidentally attacking my own skellie*, so the first of the year. Started at 1:18am on Friday. With the help of allies, I claimed 1st spot in the matter of 6hrs when I had a 74 point deficit. This is when I met some awesome members or Legion and Vixxen. Foxyy was a great help, and a real sweetie, Don't get on her bad side, she is someone you want to keep as a friend :) I gotta credit her for helping with Conan. By noon on Friday, I received hate mail from the now #2 rank of Conan. Threats of burning because of my lead. Well, this kind of thing does not deter me, however, it just drove me to go for more! Wrong move buddy! I claimed Conan that Saturday night at midnight 8-)

I was honored by receiving an awesome award. My SouL mates inducted me officially into SouL for my dedication. I was now one of them even though I felt like it when I was on probation.

The life of a SouL is pretty stellar. I gotta say that. We work well together. A big happy family pretty much! Allies with other Kingdoms even expand the family even more. Kinda like cousins perhaps as a comparison. You all know who you are.

I had a few personal goals, 26 my own weapon from scratch. Acquire an Uncle Sams hat. Earn a hat. Make someone's life miserable for a day or two(lol, to the guy who burned me and told me I can Eff myself after saying he was still learning...Having your flag count down 438 in a day must suck lol) acquire blue and purple Christmas lights, build estates on each continent, and find a Zag. Well, I havn't built on Antarctica, and I have never seen a Zag on my own nor owned Christmas lights.

Day 197 is here, maybe 198 now, as it seems like I have been typing forever and losing my train of thought. An effect of PK in real life. Which brings me to another aspect of PK. Real life and PK.

Those of us that have been playing for a while, know how it can play with RL. My 1st reflection goes back to when I was sitting at Buffalo Wild Wings. A woman sat next to me and I happened to have glanced over and noticed her earrings. They were roc feathers!!! I shyt you not! Well, they looked like them. I instantly hopped online and told Daizy.

I've logged hundreds of hours PKing. At times, 14hrs straight with very little down time. At times it has caused bad feelings from friends and loved ones because I was always on my phone. Always plugging it in. Upgrading a phone, buying aux power sources. Why? All for PK. I knew what I was doing, but couldn't set the phone down. I would compare it to console gaming. Mobile gaming is just a new form of entertainment. It wasn't until I heard someone on here tell me that "it's just pixels". Thats what I needed to hear. Stuff didn't matter as much to me anymore. It wasn't as personal. If I lost a cave, or a flag, no biggie. Spent a little more gold or gave some away, no biggie. 2k? Meh, it is just a Mag.

Drama. There is PK drama. Not always do we see eye to eye with friends. The bad thing about keyboards and screens are the lack of emotion showing. Oooh I can put a ;) here or a :shock: there, but maybe I meant :x or you came across as :evil: . What I can say is "it's only pixels".

A few weeks ago I started to lose interest in PK. With goals mostly met, and some RL craziness, I quickly told myself that I see an end nearing. That thought is inevitable. There will be an end at some point. But how do you know when the time to hang the tunic up is? I guess where I am going is that I have hung my tunic up. A couple weeks ago my RL got really busy, and has not slowed down much. With Spring and Summer here and nearing, I have plenty to do away from PK. I have not had the desire to to even log in to grab my platinum or check my messages. I am getting married in 50 some days, and for the past 2 and a half years, have maintained a healthy fun long distance(250mi) relationship. I will be joined with my awesome wife to be and I want to spend my free time with her and all the other stuff in my RL and not feeling like I am controlled by my phone like I have felt in the past.

Obviously PK is not just a game. Its a life. It is not easy by any means to call it quits. It is actually time consuming if you really care about your friends. I easily had many millions worth of items in storage. Certain items mean something to me, and I delegated them to certain players. Some items have a plan, which I know will be carried out when the time comes. Many items are for the betterment of SouL. For them to deem what is best with their uses and needs. There are plenty of mats for hat races, building, and tons of quality weps and swag to support a lot of gold for whatever is needed. The gold I had from a few items and whatnot, was dispersed to certain individuals that impacted me one way or another. There are so many that I did not specifically mention here, nor in the game, but it doesn't mean that you didn't impact me.

To my SouLs out there. I cannot say enough what fun I had, and how grateful that you all chose me to enter into your kingdom. There are a lot of great kingdoms out there, but you guys are more than what I can describe of greatness. The past few days have been tough. Tonight, I felt a knot in my stomach, and actually felt my eyes tear up(no drainage tho) 8-) thinking about how I left the K and didn't get to say what I wanted to. Leaving IS NOT EASY!

To the allies of SouL. You guys and gals are amazing as well. I will miss those awesome pimpy jump parties or the smore cookouts when taking libraries! Thanks for your support to SouL, and I hope the alliances continue for a very long time :)

To my friends, you may see me sign on once in a while until my platinum expires in 26 days or so. Then after I distribute the platinum I will sign off for the last time.

I am sure I am forgetting so many things to say here, as it is getting late, and I seem to have lost some structure. But this is just a real life guy reaching out to his PK life society.

Thanks for reading and with the utmost regards,

Spoken to you by: ~•Ski¶¶onatoR™•~ (Formally known as: Skipponator, ~•SouL•~•Ski¶¶onatoR•~)

PS: If anyone finds my Manor, try burning it to see what you may get when it goes *poof*

PSS: I went to highlight all this text which took me over 2 hours to type and accidentally hit control V and not C to copy. I was like, OMFG you gotta be crapping me! Then I tried control Z and was saved. Whew. :)

·C†S·Mrs.Redgiment™

Gold: 42847
Flags: 2704

Re: PK. A story turned into a blog. A beginning to an end

Post by ·C†S·Mrs.Redgiment™ on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:43 am

Wow amazing post! Didn't know you but can relate to most of what you've said. Congrats on your upcoming marriage and wishing you all the best in your RL! PK will mourn the loss of another player. Take Care :)

PerBloo

Gold: 1944
Flags: 3955

Post by PerBloo on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:54 am

Quite possibly one of the most interesting threads out there, thank God for updates! I'm amazed you can remember so much, I can hardly remember what I done last week! lol.
I can't remember if you were on my friends list, but I recognise your name so you must be cool (:
You'll be missed! (:

EdgeShadowwalk
The Ready

Gold: 18341
Flags: 960

Post by EdgeShadowwalk on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:14 am

Very nice story. Histories of players are always interesting. Wish you all the luck in your real life. Just don't be trying to sneak in any PK on your wedding day ;)

LuçienSnøw

Gold: 12284804
Flags: 30

Post by LuçienSnøw on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:57 am

This is a great post! I regret that I have never interacted with you in game other than to comment on your sparkler once in HV. Im definately the one who missed out in that situation. Looks like Soul is losing a great player, but your fiance is gaining a great husband. Good luck with everything Skip!

(P.S. I will be burning the caves you have in my city since you are leaving... nothing personal :D )

«£∮»♪Tranceformer♪
The Assassin

Post by «£∮»♪Tranceformer♪ on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:57 am

Thanks for the kind words. One thing that I didn't mention were my enemies. I may not have seen eye to eye with everyone due to one reason or another, but I will say that I have had some good conversation with a few, and I thank you for that. Ever since I posted this, I have logged on to check messages, retrieve some items I still had, and donate them, and as the end is near since my platinum expires in 4 days, I am just taking care of some final details. I am amazed at how strong an unarmed fighter can be and have had the joys of slapping all sorts of stuff!

Thank you all again, for some good times!

{Lègîóñ}Mя.Wσσк
The Hero of Chaos

Gold: 1818195
Flags: 4892

Post by {Lègîóñ}Mя.Wσσк on Sun May 01, 2011 12:20 pm

You were the one burning my stuff alst night lol!!! Wassup Bro!!

«£∮»♪Tranceformer♪
The Assassin

Post by «£∮»♪Tranceformer♪ on Mon May 02, 2011 7:15 am

Ya I took a few to help with my final goal ever since I started PK. I mainly started clearing inactives and random small # of actives, but my competition has forced me to be more aggressive. So I am trying to do this as humanely as possible. I am a very mellow and giving person, and it is not easy for me to be lighting people when they don't deserve it. I do appreciate people's contributions even tho most have not had a say in the matter. :oops:

«£∮»♪Tranceformer♪
The Assassin

Post by «£∮»♪Tranceformer♪ on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Lets see if this still works. I had came back after a short break and set a few goals. I worked my tunic down to the bare silk threads that it was made of. I neglected friends and family to gather those extra resources to sell to complete my goals. In a little over a years time, I collected the entire 2009 Christmas swag exuding the hat. Toastina lent me her Santa hat for a stellar pic of my immaculate manor, Ty! My mourning light collection was complete, my capped gold coin shooter collection complete, my hat races were complete minus TD which I had no time for, 9 were sufficient with one repeat . I filled every trophy spot with +26 or higher built by me. I had a wonderful KD of 3 others, my fellow Shadows, and I had the most honorable opportunity to join my friends and PK family with Legion. I hated war and didn't partake in it, tho I created my own hostile actions, and no matter what side your on, you know how well they work TOGETHER! I can only say so much about my time with Legion, that most others would not understand about the absolute great teamwork and fellowship that they provided. Looking beyond the small mount of squabbles of some which every KD will have. I am

«£∮»♪Tranceformer♪
The Assassin

Post by «£∮»♪Tranceformer♪ on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Certain that PK could not replicate them. This is not meant to brag them up, but instead show that the impact that they have made on me. I wish other's that get a chance to play alongside them feel the same and I would personally feel that I hope my fellow Shadows can experience what I had.

I came to the realization on my own that I was so dependant on my phone. Many know what I am saying. I plan to return to school, finish my degree. I shall get a tablet, and honestly, I know I would have a hard time focusing as I should if I had PK on my tablet. Running out of goals I decided to bury my goods, delete my acct and create a new one. One made to disperse my hard earned stuff to those close to me. Also to randomly gift to strangers. Pass

Next