Isyko's Travels Return to The Town Pub

Isyko
The Grease Monkey

World: Legends
Gold: 13456
Flags: 11

Isyko's Travels

Post by Isyko on Sat May 04, 2013 8:34 am

:idea: New to PK so not sure if its alright to post this here or not. Recently in HC a gentleman said he was quitting and giving away several items. I asked for one such item, and asked my why I should give it to him. After a couple lame reasons he explained he wanted reasons more creative, and that another also wanted the item. Intrigued I decided I was up for the challenge. So I wrote a short story about my character Isyko and her unfortunate encounter with a werewolf and how she ended up acquiring the item. The gentleman was impressed enough with the item and gifted me the sling. Anyway half way through writing the short story I get an idea for another. The whole incident reminded me about bards or story tellers and how they travel and tell stories to earn food and shelter. So Ill use this Topic to post any Pk short stories I write. If this is OK with the Mods and TOS.

Isyko
The Grease Monkey

Re: Isyko's Travels

Post by Isyko on Sat May 04, 2013 8:39 am

Also Im not that great a writer, my grammar and pose isn't always great. If grammar errors and a few writing mistakes are something you cant stand its best you pass on this. :p

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Sat May 04, 2013 9:04 am

Here or off topic are the places topmost such items. You will find that many players will view and read them. Ignore anyone who is rude. They don't have to spend their time reading it if they don't want to.

Isyko
The Grease Monkey

Isyko and the Werewolf

Post by Isyko on Sat May 04, 2013 10:08 am

Dusk was setting in as Isyko finished raising her most recent flag. The teal flag barely stirred in the evening air, suspended high from a pole constructed from a few logs lashed together by leather straps. It wasn't the strongest construction and wouldn't withstand an attack for long, but it served its purpose as a marker and a beacon for Isyko as she explored this new area. Surveying her new surroundings Isyko spotted a small but dense forest of Mourning Trees. Isyko realized her log supply was dwindling since lately she had only come across the occasional Dusk tree or small tree patches fiercely guarded by Trolls. Not seeing any bothersome Trolls nearby Isyko gave thanks to the gods and approached the closest tree with her battered yet reliable woodcutter axe ready. Setting her pack down Isyko took a swing at the tree. As the first blow hit the tree something darted out the corner of her eye. With a whirl Isyko turned to see what it was.

She saw nothing... she waited a moment but nothing stirred, not even the air seemed to move. She began to resume her chopping and again something moved just out of the corner of her eye, except this time she made out two shapes that darted into the forest. Isyko slipped her axe into its sheath and withdrew her dagger with her free hand before cautiously entering the forest. After several minutes of walking Isyko saw nothing and decided to return to her flag. It was getting late and she decided she'd had enough adventure for one day. She would return to her flag and resume her woodcutting in the morning. She nodded to herself and turned to leave, yet there in front of her where two blue orbs floating and dancing. As she studied the two orbs a third one darted out of the dark and joined the others.

Isyko remarked to herself about how they resembled small full moons. Almost mesmerized she reached out to touch one. Its surface rippled and then all three began dancing and swirling around Isyko. In an almost dreamlike state Isyko began to dance and chase the Moon Orbs, as they led her deeper into the forest. With a starling suddenness the orbs darted away so and Isyko was snapped out of her revelry. Isyko scanned her surroundings and realized she was deep in the forest with in a small clearing. She could heard the sound of crying. Isyko traced the sound to a figure near the back edge of the clearing. It was an old woman in tattered rags. Cautiously Isyko approached the woman and called out "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" The woman looked up quickly yet didn't seem startled and awkwardly stumbled toward Isyko. She seemed too tall and sturdy for such a frail woman. She began to fall and Isyko caught her, the woman collapsed and gripped Isyko's shoulder. Her grip was frighteningly strong. She looked up at Isyko, there was something strange about her eyes, and cried "Its horribly my young dear, someone's going to die tonight..." Isyko looked at the woman in confusion, "Who's going to die?" The woman smiled cruelly and her cries turned to laughter "You are my precious morsel!"

The old woman stood and let out a howl that was both beast and human. But the howl was soon drowned out by Isyko's own cry of fear and pain. The woman's hands twisted into large gnarled paw like hands, bristling with course fur, and ended by wicked hooked claws that sunk into the flesh of Isyko's shoulder. Isyko grabbed her dagger but before she could land a strike on the creature, now more beast then human, smacked the dagger away nearly breaking Isyko's arm. Her eyes clouded by fear and pain Isyko barely realized another form had appeared on the edge of the clearing. There was a multi colored shimmer as the new comer swirled something above their head. There was a snap and then a small crystal object sailed through the air like a shimmering comet and struck the creature in the right eye. The creature howled in pain as its eye was destroyed from the impact and the veins on the creatures face turned colors and pulsed as if silver ran through them. The creature hurled Isyko effortlessly at the attacker. The stranger rolled away from the human bullet, and Isyko smashed into a tree. As her vision began to fade, Isyko saw the stranger charge at the creature, with weapons unsheathed.

Slowly Isyko opens her eyes; she realized she was looking up into the morning sky. Above her the familiar teal flag waved in a gentle breeze. She slowly sat up, using the flag pole for support, and her entire shoulder stung like it was on fire. Suddenly something small flitted by and she fumbled for her dagger. But it was only a sprite which darted toward the forest from the night before. Bathed in daylight and dotted by carefree sprites the forest showed no signs of danger. If it wasn't for her the pain and her wounds Isyko might have thought it had all been a nightmare. Then another form of proof that the night had been real became apparent. A large form emerged from the forest tree lines.

Isyko relaxed when she realized it was the stranger. He walked up and chastised her saying she shouldn't be up. Isyko gave up the fight to stand and fell/sat on the ground. The strange tossed something toward Isyko which she caught. Opening her hands she recognized the familiar berries in her hand, and popped the two mourning berries into her mouth. She immediately felt the healing effect of the berries as her whole body tingled as if her skin was being brushed by feathers. She briefly remember how unsettling it had been the first time she used the berries, but by now she relied on them so much that she barely noticed the sensation. The pain in her shoulder faded to a dull ache, yet she still felt exhausted. The stranger introduced himself and suggested she rest for the day. In no mood to disagree and having no real agenda Isyko agreed and also introduced herself.

When Isyko asked about the creature, which the stranger explained was a werewolf and an epic one no less, the man merely grunted and pointed out the fact that the two of them are still alive. The two talked and morning became noon. The man told stories of looming dungeons towering monsters, and how he had come to possess wondrous weapons and treasures, such as the sling that had done such harm to the werewolf. It was an impressive weapon, the usual leather straps replaced by silver chains that never seemed dull in any light, and more impressive the diamonds embedded in each link. Isyko did her best to not to be too obvious about her fascination with the sling, though the man noticed. As it became noon Isyko shared her own tales. While her tales weren't as impressive, she did her best to tell her stories of near deaths, bungled hunts, and mischief done to trolls, amusing and engaging. As night set the man talked about more of his travels yet there was a weariness in his voice.

It became dark again, and despite her interest Isyko found herself slipping into sleep. As she faded out she thought she heard the man speak of the journey becoming tiring and that he often thought about retiring. Sleep came and she dreamed of fighting monsters from the Strangers accounts, and the treasures they guarded. The sound of a rustle in the bushes woke Isyko. She rolled from her sleep to a crouching stance with her weapon ready. A nearby stag which had caused the noise, darted away startled by Isyko's sudden movement. Looking around Isyko realized she was alone. No stranger, no camp, just her and the flag. Had it all been an odd dream? Isyko reached for her shoulder, the flesh was healed yet the fabric was shredded. Then something hanging from the flag pole caught the morning light and shimmered brightly nearly blinding Isyko. It was the diamond studded sling. She careful untied the leather strap the weapon was tied to the pole with. She held the weapon in her hand feeling its weight. She looked around for the stranger but there was no trace of him. She look at the forest and considered collecting some wood but decided shed had enough of this place. She began to bring down the flag and would soon put up another as she moved further north.

~{O'Rion}~KillerCenturion
The Liberator

Gold: 2475
Flags: 480

Post by ~{O'Rion}~KillerCenturion on Mon May 13, 2013 6:54 pm

+1. You say you are a bad writer, but I enjoyed reading this story very much. Please continue writing more of these :D

[Volta6e]Merk

Gold: 1911
Flags: 2478

Post by [Volta6e]Merk on Mon May 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Is this what they call fan fiction. I love it whatever it is. Great job.

[CaL]-ყɳคг∂ τђε βลℜð

Gold: 12629958
Flags: 2285

Post by [CaL]-ყɳคг∂ τђε βลℜð on Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:38 am

Great story! Too bad she's one of the many who've gone inactive... Otherwise she would've found an anonymyous gift box in her inventory... :P