Back to PK
forum logo

Effective Weapon and Armor section of the Guide Return to Strategy

Andrew-rename

World: Horizons

Effective Weapon and Armor section of the Guide

Post by Andrew-rename on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:46 am

Hey everyone. We just finished a new section of the guide that details what weapons and armors are most effective against what monsters and other players. Check out the new section here: http://guide-wiki.parallelkingdom.com/i ... _And_Armor

Pikachu25

World: Legends
Gold: 1009111
Flags: 204

Re: Effective Weapon and Armor section of the Guide

Post by Pikachu25 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Thank you very much, devs! I've been looking forward to this for a very long time. It looks like my sword isn't such a bad hunting weapon overall lol.

[Đβ]»Lythius«
The Hero of Chaos

Gold: 151495
Flags: 78

Post by [Đβ]»Lythius« on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:23 am

I'm still not sure if I understand correctly.

1. So breastplate still can be better than dragon scalemail against some monsters? (f.e. Magnathere) I thought that scalemail should be just better bp (lower speed penalty) with same defense vs same monsters...

2. Just to make it clear. When f.e shield is listed as the best armor, it doesn't mean that you should use ONLY shield and unequip scalemail/breastplate, am i correct?

Andrew-rename

Post by Andrew-rename on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:03 am

Lythius wrote:1. So breastplate still can be better than dragon scalemail against some monsters? (f.e. Magnathere) I thought that scalemail should be just better bp (lower speed penalty) with same defense vs same monsters...

This is not completely correct. Scalemail is slightly different than BP as far as damage taken.

Lythius wrote:2. Just to make it clear. When f.e shield is listed as the best armor, it doesn't mean that you should use ONLY shield and unequip scalemail/breastplate, am i correct?

Correct.

[Đβ]»Lythius«
The Hero of Chaos

Post by [Đβ]»Lythius« on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:47 am

andrew wrote:
Lythius wrote:1. So breastplate still can be better than dragon scalemail against some monsters? (f.e. Magnathere) I thought that scalemail should be just better bp (lower speed penalty) with same defense vs same monsters...

This is not completely correct. Scalemail is slightly different than BP as far as damage taken.

So it's simply little weaker but let you move faster? Or different damage taken from different creatures? I think that many players think that dragon scalemail and dragon shield are just better (faster), more expensive bp and shield...

jaysn

Gold: 470137
Flags: 63

Post by jaysn on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:51 am

Lythius wrote:
andrew wrote:

So it's simply little weaker but let you move faster? Or different damage taken from different creatures? I think that many players think that dragon scalemail and dragon shield are just better (faster), more expensive bp and shield...

That was definitely the impression I was under...

Andrew-rename

Post by Andrew-rename on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:33 am

Lythius wrote:Or different damage taken from different creatures?

Yes. If you are curious about the exact differences I would look at http://guide-wiki.parallelkingdom.com/i ... Statistics

[Đβ]»Lythius«
The Hero of Chaos

Post by [Đβ]»Lythius« on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:52 am

andrew wrote:
Lythius wrote:Or different damage taken from different creatures?

Yes. If you are curious about the exact differences I would look at http://guide-wiki.parallelkingdom.com/i ... Statistics

Thanks, it helped a lot!
One more thing:
If, for example, shield is the best armor in situation X (against something) does the second armor (bp or whatever) make any difference if it's less adeqate as an armor in this situation? In other words is only one specific armor type taken into concideration or do they cumulate?

brick
The PerBlue Developer

Gold: 66075
Flags: 2

Post by brick on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:04 am

It will generally choose the defense which will cause you the least damage. There are a couple exceptions to this (including, but not limited to, when your shield is not active because you are using a ranged weapon).

[Đβ]»Lythius«
The Hero of Chaos

Post by [Đβ]»Lythius« on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:41 pm

Now it's super-clear, thanks. :)
I just wonder about those exceptions... It's logical for me that you can't use shield while fighting with ranged weapon. But what about other exceptions you mentioned? Can I find them somewhere?

Sorry for so many questions but I read guide and update threads, and it looks like I missed few things.

Next