forum logo

Effective Weapon and Armor section of the Guide Return to Strategy

Giligan

World: Legends
Gold: 2107986
Flags: 666

Re: Effective Weapon and Armor section of the Guide

Post by Giligan on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:14 pm

There's a linking issue with the MA pve page brass knuckles does not link to brass knuckle (missing the "s").

שמי

Gold: 157247
Flags: 18

Post by שמי on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:09 am

brick wrote:It will generally choose the defense which will cause you the least damage. There are a couple exceptions to this (including, but not limited to, when your shield is not active because you are using a ranged weapon).

Could you clarify what "using" means?

I believe this means its graphic is showing and the bow is firing, not merely that the range weapon is equipped.

Once you get hit, you switch to melee and the range weapon is no longer being "used".

Except for weapons like shuriken/crossbow when a specialization allows them to be both/range and melee. Would a shield never or always be active here?

PepKilz

Gold: 263965
Flags: 28

Post by PepKilz on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:52 am

Thank you, nice guide

Dr.Jeremy
The Beta Knight

Gold: 4219340
Flags: 1059

Post by Dr.Jeremy on Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:47 pm

if a monster is hitting your shade shield and you are wearing poison dragon scalemail, will they get poisoned from the scalemail even though they are not hitting it or will only the shield's metal work?

Andrew-rename

World: Horizons

Post by Andrew-rename on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Only the shields metal will work.

Ronja

Gold: 138444
Flags: 28

Post by Ronja on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:18 am

great work! I was looking for a guide for weapons

thank you

Nephyx

Gold: 312117
Flags: 296

Post by Nephyx on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:58 am

I know this is going to sound retarded but could someone please teach me how to use this damage matrix? I really dont understand how it functions. From what i understand best pvp setup for a sword user (with dragon skill) is sword/shade scale tunic/ and a regular shield? Shouldnt the shield be dragon shield? I'm confused..

Bottom line is this.. As a dragon knight with a poison sword, whats the best breastplate/shield combo for effective PVP? can only one effect be dealt on an opponent at one time? or can you stack effects (i.e shade/poison/ice etc..)

Dr.Jeremy
The Beta Knight

Gold: 4219340
Flags: 1059

Post by Dr.Jeremy on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Nephyx wrote:I know this is going to sound retarded but could someone please teach me how to use this damage matrix? I really dont understand how it functions. From what i understand best pvp setup for a sword user (with dragon skill) is sword/shade scale tunic/ and a regular shield? Shouldnt the shield be dragon shield? I'm confused..

Bottom line is this.. As a dragon knight with a poison sword, whats the best breastplate/shield combo for effective PVP? can only one effect be dealt on an opponent at one time? or can you stack effects (i.e shade/poison/ice etc..)

Thread necro (previous post was 2010).
There is no 'best' set up.
Use the damage matrix to see what damage each type of armour will take against each type of weapon. i.e. look at the row that says sword, read over to find the column with shield in the heading, the number there shows 7 - that means the sword does 7 damage against the shield (it's easier to start with the PvP matrix because it's smaller so easier to read)
Shade scale tunic? You mean dragon scalemail right?
You can stack effects.
Most of the questions you ask are actually just related to preference.
Shield is better against ranged attacks, dragon shield is better against spear.
Personally, I use poison scalemail, poison shield (not dragon shield), shade sword (chance to shade is higher on a weapon than armour) and a honed sword. I like that set up because the honed sword and poison armour are also great for hunting.

EatAtJoes

Gold: 234853
Flags: 218

Post by EatAtJoes on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:21 am

Question:
Best OMA for a lot of stuff is the staff, but ninja and assassin do not boost staff + 3. So what is better vs say a stag? A staff at 3 less than the class weapon or the class weapon?

1NFERN0

Gold: 186
Flags: 177

Post by 1NFERN0 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:02 pm

hmmm axe and dragon shield look good... maybe i should switch classes... can ninja's weild axes?

PreviousNext