Effective Weapon and Armor section of the Guide Return to Strategy

Dr.Jeremy
The Beta Knight

World: Legends
Gold: 4219340
Flags: 1059

Re: Effective Weapon and Armor section of the Guide

Post by Dr.Jeremy on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:13 pm

1NFERN0 wrote:hmmm axe and dragon shield look good... maybe i should switch classes... can ninja's weild axes?

Only if you don't mind losing dodge.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:59 pm

I'm posting here as this seems the best place toost it.
I am a ninja, so I have the ability to use the shuri at close range. The hunting guide does not cover this. I find that shuri in melée are effective against dragons (but would knuckles be better?) but hopeless against noeyes - I unequip my shuri and use my staff which I always have equipped for when my shuri need repair.

RetiredThepat

Gold: 707
Flags: 7708

Post by RetiredThepat on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:43 pm

K'TILQR wrote:I'm posting here as this seems the best place toost it.
I am a ninja, so I have the ability to use the shuri at close range. The hunting guide does not cover this. I find that shuri in melée are effective against dragons (but would knuckles be better?) but hopeless against noeyes - I unequip my shuri and use my staff which I always have equipped for when my shuri need repair.

No, referring to the damage matrix a shuri has an average of 7 vs. dragon (not counting the +3 that ninjas receive for Level 5 ninja, making it 10) while brass knuckles hit 6 vs. dragon. The effective weapon/armor chart is not class specific, and because unless you're ninja a shuri can't be used in melee it is not included except under the range as "any" because there is only 1 type of ranged oiyoi weapon, that being a shuriken.
In the case of no eyes brass knuckles are more effective then a staff, with an average hit of 6 vs. staff's 4. It says that shuriken's vs. no eyes are -8, I never noticed this before but I'm assuming that means no eyes hit 8 more then whatever a shuriken will hit, however with ninja bonus it's -5? I'm not entirely sure.
Sorry if some of this didn't make sense I don't have time to proofread it.
Damage matrix: http://guide.parallelkingdom.com/index. ... atrix_Full

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Thanks ThePat.
Against a practice dummy, my shuriken are given a rating for both range and melée, but the melée is less than the range (I'm level3 and I think it was 2 levels higher for range). The difference is visible against dragons, you hit noticeably harder at range.

RetiredThepat

Gold: 707
Flags: 7708

Post by RetiredThepat on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:58 pm

K'TILQR wrote:Thanks ThePat.
Against a practice dummy, my shuriken are given a rating for both range and melée, but the melée is less than the range (I'm level3 and I think it was 2 levels higher for range). The difference is visible against dragons, you hit noticeably harder at range.

I wasn't ever aware that damages change in melee/ranged but I guess it's possible. I thought on practice dummies it normally wouldn't even give you a melee level.

laxpanther
The Beta Knight

Gold: 5444702
Flags: 5147

Post by laxpanther on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:34 am

your melee value as a ninja with shuri is based upon your level and unarmed oiyoi attack strength (probably 27 if you are over level 25 and have combat 3) even though when you are in melee range you will use your shuriken. shuriken ALWAYS counts as ranged damage no matter how close you are to an enemy. Its not a glitch and you aren't actually getting use of the 27 value when you are in melee range, its just how the practice dummy calculates things. In reality the ranged value you get is used in both ranged and melee combat.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:16 am

Combat3 does not add to the oiyoi. Melee Shows as 25.
But shuri close definitely gives less hp than at range, that why I assumed it was using the melée level shown on the practise dummy.

P|L|edge
The Master Legionnaire

Gold: 9393323
Flags: 3782

Post by P|L|edge on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:58 pm

Soo ... If you get a defense bonus from your class skills, does that get directly subtracted from all weapon attack statistics for that defense item?

For example, Breastplate allows the following attack rolls; Unarmed (2), Sword (4), Spear(5), Dagger (10), Axe (4), Crossbow/Shuriken (7), Longbow/Blowdart (7), Sling (4), Oiyoi_Martial_Art (5), Brass Knuckles (4), Staff (6). However, Knight can add +2 to Heavy Armor. Does that mean that the available attack rolls for a Knight wearing a Breastplate are as follows; Unarmed (0), Sword (2), Spear(3), Dagger (8), Axe (2), Crossbow/Shuriken (5), Longbow/Blowdart (5), Sling (2), Oiyoi_Martial_Art (3), Brass Knuckles (2), Staff (4)?

If that is the case, what does an attack roll of "0" mean? ... Is there a floor value of 1?

Dr.Jeremy
The Beta Knight

Gold: 4219340
Flags: 1059

Post by Dr.Jeremy on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:49 pm

Pledge wrote:Soo ... If you get a defense bonus from your class skills, does that get directly subtracted from all weapon attack statistics for that defense item?

For example, Breastplate allows the following attack rolls; Unarmed (2), Sword (4), Spear(5), Dagger (10), Axe (4), Crossbow/Shuriken (7), Longbow/Blowdart (7), Sling (4), Oiyoi_Martial_Art (5), Brass Knuckles (4), Staff (6). However, Knight can add +2 to Heavy Armor. Does that mean that the available attack rolls for a Knight wearing a Breastplate are as follows; Unarmed (0), Sword (2), Spear(3), Dagger (8), Axe (2), Crossbow/Shuriken (5), Longbow/Blowdart (5), Sling (2), Oiyoi_Martial_Art (3), Brass Knuckles (2), Staff (4)?

If that is the case, what does an attack roll of "0" mean? ... Is there a floor value of 1?

Essentially yes, that is exactly how it works. Each of those numbers are averages and cover a range of roughly +/-3 and has a chance to get a critical hit (this information is currently being held ransom by the devs, they are yet to make their demands .....)
The minimum value for a hit is 1 damage, a zero is only possible if the attack is dodged using oiyoi.
If a weapon has +x then it gains +x atack, if an armour is +y then it takes -y damage
e.g. (ignoring class bonuses) sword deals 4 to breastplate,
If a +10 sword hits a +5 breastplate then the breastplate takes 9 damage
If a +5 sword hits a +10 breastplate then the breastplate takes 1 damage

DotMMO

World: Horizons
Gold: 100

Post by DotMMO on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:35 pm

I just found this MMO from facebook. after some search, I know this game was previously for mobile. NO wonder I found my local language instead of English.

PreviousNext