forum logo

Monster bane skill Return to Strategy

[CaL]-ყɳคг∂ τђε βลℜð

World: Legends
Gold: 12629958
Flags: 2285

Monster bane skill

Post by [CaL]-ყɳคг∂ τђε βลℜð on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:53 pm

I recently noticed that Monster Bane skill has noticeable improved, and is now a viable option for anyone who likes to get the most out of hunting. +6 attk for 60 secs traded for -1 in defence. At the launch of AoA it was +3 attk for 20 secs.

I got one question tho which I couldn't be certain even after testing it out extensively. Does the Bane trigger if the monster is killed by a minion (troll, skelly, lich, philo etc)? I saw many times that I couldn't get Bane if my trolls delivered the finishing blow, but once I killed something with my own hands, I triggered the buff. This could have been because the buff was already running on another type of monster and thus did not trigger, but I'd love to be certain about this since if it is with 100% certainty triggered by minions as well, then I'll take the skill again :) And I'll add the info to the Guide Page for all to see.

Certain skills like Triumph are triggered even if the kill is done by your minion. Otherwise it'd be useless for me lol - or then I'd need to stop using trolls which I'd hate even more. But how about Monster Bane? :?:

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Re: Monster bane skill

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:52 am

I am sure that fatality is not triggered by a minion kill, only if I get the final blow. I am not even sure it triggers on a buff death, but as it's range seems a lot smaller than the skill tree says, and hunting with cleave, minions (trolls and skellies and philies), fire, lightning, poison, plague, taunt & provoke there are so many red hp bubbles that spotting the fatality hit can be difficult. I do notice one death triggering a large (over 5) death chain from time to time - that can only be the fatality striking. It needs a high hp monster & a lot of low hp monsters close by. The skill says 250 meters - my view is 100 meters at most. It never seems to even cross a taunt circle.

[CaL]-ყɳคг∂ τђε βลℜð

Gold: 12629958
Flags: 2285

Re: Monster bane skill

Post by [CaL]-ყɳคг∂ τђε βลℜð on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:41 am

Good point. Fatality definitely doesn't get triggered by minions. I'm fairly certain that poison/fire/lightning doesn't do that either. That I can add to the guide already. How about pets btw? They seems to fall into different slot than minions in many aspects, Pet is much closer to the owner. Good example is sending pet to attack a monster, that causes avi to go red as if you're attacking yourself.