Group Techniques Questions. Return to Strategy

『♚ηøร♔』♜✵KαfGяυик✵♜
The Grove Guardian

World: Legends
Gold: 2353080
Flags: 604

Group Techniques Questions.

Post by 『♚ηøร♔』♜✵KαfGяυик✵♜ on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:56 am

Alright, so I've been spending some time on Hunting Chat alot more lately, and I see many terms used for group techniques. I would like it if some of you could explain how they work and what the reward for doing it this way is.

1. Toresti & Spotters : I've never EVER done Toresti yet, so I don't know how you do it, but everyone talks about a Spotter. how does that work, and what is the spotters Job?

2. Lair train : yeah, I get it, lairs are the dragon lair, but what about the train part, how does that work? what do I do except follow everyone and yell ChooCHoo?

3. Dreads : Why do people group Dreads? I can kill it solo in about 3-5 minutes by healing 3 times, and get 40K flat off of killing it and boarding it... I tried inviting people, got 2 to help me, made 25K flat, so 15k loss for about 2 minutes faster killing, same time boarding it, so my question is, what am I doing wrong, how do people make it worth?

For now thats it, those are the 3 things I'm kinda interested in, and wonder how they work, for the rest, I don't know what other group Technique i've seen and don't understand.

[Hobos]Kaoto

Gold: 1167209
Flags: 13438

Re: Group Techniques Questions.

Post by [Hobos]Kaoto on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:39 pm

Toresti spotter stays green, so toresti doesn't run away when everyone else gets killed.

Group dread increase gold earned.

Train is group of ppl doing any dungeon. But the mechanics of the lair train I'm a noob. I joined one, but wasn't much help. The process I saw was net dragons, bomb dragons. They cleared the lair in about 5 minutes tho...

『♚ηøร♔』♜✵KαfGяυик✵♜
The Grove Guardian

Post by 『♚ηøร♔』♜✵KαfGяυик✵♜ on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:56 am

[Hobos]Kaoto wrote:Toresti spotter stays green, so toresti doesn't run away when everyone else gets killed.

Group dread increase gold earned.

Train is group of ppl doing any dungeon. But the mechanics of the lair train I'm a noob. I joined one, but wasn't much help. The process I saw was net dragons, bomb dragons. They cleared the lair in about 5 minutes tho...

Thank you, but i'm missing a bit of the mechanics on them still, group dread incresases gold earned, but how? like i said, I lost 15K in the process..

For Toresti, what do I do as a spotter? i stay green and just watch people die and never move?

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:22 am

For gold/pages in any group hunting scenario, see http://guide.parallelkingdom.com/index. ... up_Hunting

What you should read from that is that if you get 40k gold from a dread by yourself, if you do it with two people, you'll get 50% more gold, or 60k gold, split between the two of you. With a group of 3, you get almost double the gold, but split between three people. With 6 or more people, triple the gold is produced but each person gets half as much as they would solo. Group dreads don't make a ton of sense if you are always the host and you're only thinking about yourself :-)

The best way I've seen to do this (and I should give other hobos credit for this) is you get 5 or 6 people and you each call a dread at the same temple, and all help disable each one (don't board your dread immediately after it's disabled unless yours was disabled last). Then you fly back to your own dread and board it. As you all start finishing your dreads, everyone gets that half-level gold for all 5 or 6 dreads, and now you've made 120k gold and only spent the mats on calling one dread, and it only took maybe 5-10 minutes longer than it would have. Many of the people I do sky stuff with get a base 60-65k per dread before the group hunting bonuses, so they've made half a million in gold alone after doing this on two docks, and probably didn't spend more than about 30 minutes, if all of them had done the previous preparation of doing enough battleships to be ready to call two dreads.

Spotting could be done by running away a lot in your ship (that's how we normally did it originally), but now it normally depends on a game mechanic called "jump protection". This is the thing that makes it so that things don't kill you when you jump somewhere and lag out. It lasts for 5 minutes, and various actions cause it to end, including going aggressive or moving. Calling Toresti from the rift gate also cancels jump protection, as does hitting the reply button on a PM. The job of the spotter is to take advantage of this temporary invincibility so that Toresti doesn't run away due to the whole party dying. The job involves sitting still, not moving or attacking anything, and most definitely not sending any PMs. Also, if the party appears that it will take longer than 5 minutes to finish a phase, the spotter needs to reaccept the invite, at least every 5 minutes.

『♚ηøร♔』♜✵KαfGяυик✵♜
The Grove Guardian

Post by 『♚ηøร♔』♜✵KαfGяυик✵♜ on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:24 am

Thank you! I understand more now!

Løst○Viking
The Keeper of Order

Gold: 5762666
Flags: 2183

Post by Løst○Viking on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:08 am

Seems like no one mentioned this....

the point of a spotter is to de-level the things like deathsoar scouts to make them easy to kill so everyone can focus on Toresti. Stay on your mount, retake the invite every 10-20 seconds or so to keep the scouts killable

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:38 am

Actually the group hunting bonus doesn't work quite like that but in normal land hunting kills are immediate so the actual mechanic isn't so apparent. And this is why players "boost" dreads for each other.

The gold for the dread is increased by 50% if a second player hits it. But he only needs to hit it once. The gold is then split in accordance with the damage per player WHEN THE MONSTER IS KILLED. as you are red, you can't jump away so you are still with the other players when the monster dies. With dreads there is a difference - the gold is only awarded once the boarding is completed - and the other ships are not involved with the boarding.

I usually get 70k for a dread. A second player hits it once. I disable the dread and board it. When I complete the boarding, The gold of 105k is split, but the "help" only hit it once, so I get 95k and he gets 10k - as long as he stays in the sky local. He can sky hunt, unlock the dock, call his own dread - and I can then return the favour. So it's not so much "helping" to kill the dread - most of us are capable of doing it without help. It's just boosting each other's gold.

If someone truly wants help when you arrive, then help by all means. But don't be surprised if the caller says "Ty that's enough!"

『♚ηøร♔』♜✵KαfGяυик✵♜
The Grove Guardian

Post by 『♚ηøร♔』♜✵KαfGяυик✵♜ on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:11 pm

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) wrote:Actually the group hunting bonus doesn't work quite like that but in normal land hunting kills are immediate so the actual mechanic isn't so apparent. And this is why players "boost" dreads for each other.

The gold for the dread is increased by 50% if a second player hits it. But he only needs to hit it once. The gold is then split in accordance with the damage per player WHEN THE MONSTER IS KILLED. as you are red, you can't jump away so you are still with the other players when the monster dies. With dreads there is a difference - the gold is only awarded once the boarding is completed - and the other ships are not involved with the boarding.

I usually get 70k for a dread. A second player hits it once. I disable the dread and board it. When I complete the boarding, The gold of 105k is split, but the "help" only hit it once, so I get 95k and he gets 10k - as long as he stays in the sky local. He can sky hunt, unlock the dock, call his own dread - and I can then return the favour. So it's not so much "helping" to kill the dread - most of us are capable of doing it without help. It's just boosting each other's gold.

If someone truly wants help when you arrive, then help by all means. But don't be surprised if the caller says "Ty that's enough!"

Wow, now this is what I needed as an explanation, Thank you KT! now I know how it'll work

【℃Ð】Mønkë¥ wrote:Seems like no one mentioned this....

the point of a spotter is to de-level the things like deathsoar scouts to make them easy to kill so everyone can focus on Toresti. Stay on your mount, retake the invite every 10-20 seconds or so to keep the scouts killable

Thank you! :O this is a great explanation!

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:31 pm

Toresti spotter

This relies on "jump protection" - which makes you invulnerable immediately after you jump until you interact with yr surroundings or for 5 minutes, whichever is the longer. The spotter stays on his mount, and after accepting the invite must stay absolutely still and not attack anything. He clock watches and every 3 minutes, re accepts the invite thus restarting the jump protection. The clouds & proximity bombs from Toresti can't hurt him. As long as he stays motionless and reaccepting the invite, one player will remain alive so Toresti can't claim victory and depart.

Reducing the spawn value of the deathsoars and Valkyries is irrelevant.

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:41 am

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) wrote:Reducing the spawn value of the deathsoars and Valkyries is irrelevant.

I tend to agree. It might be a nice perk, but I'm never fighting Toresti and thinking "Boy, I wish these deathsoar scouts died even faster than instantly". That's like complaining that my eyes are dry when I have pneumonia.