Back to PK
forum logo

useless mats Return to Strategy


[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World
 
World: Legends
Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268
Posts: 1560
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:22 am

Re: useless mats

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:36 am

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) wrote:Trouble is, using your Levi to call Toresti, you get the plumes.....
So, the other player has to trust you to hand the plumes over at the end....


True, and it is a time investment as well. But I was thinking about it in the context of using Kaoto's lev energy and I have no issues trusting him :-)


[Hobos]Kaoto
 
World: Legends
Gold: 1167209
Flags: 13438
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Re: useless mats

Post by [Hobos]Kaoto on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:51 pm

I have 112k levi energy...ill never run out :/


K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun
 
World: Legends
Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799
Posts: 4866
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:16 am

Re: useless mats

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:20 pm

Only 112? I have 600k....


Lilbyrdie
The Mentor
 
World: Legends
Gold: 26983138
Flags: 11448
Posts: 790
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: useless mats

Post by Lilbyrdie on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:23 am

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) wrote:Only 112? I have 600k....


The folks that are doing a lot of toresti runs are burning 100k in a day, or more. Levitation energy is one of the limiting factors for toresti and will, ultimately, keep plume values from dropping too low since it can't be traded. A fairly large amount is needed for building up ships, too. But if you don't need new ships, or run toresti, then sure, it's useless to you.

Sprite whistles have been selling well lately. They do seem much rarer. Spider eggs are still pretty low. Maybe a new craftable poisoned trap or something would be fun.


But dragon eggs... dragon eggs keep their value up quite well. And if you don't think so, please give me 664 so I can build out a new Drake cannon.

Reminds me of a recent discussion in game. Someone was complaining of having too much con essence (5k, ohnoes!), yet a single level 5 skyward requires 28,800 con essence.

What's useless to one can be useful to another. Just too bad levi energy can't be traded. ;)

Slag ... slag is unfortunate. I'm hoping something will come along. Maybe a KD buildable dungeon (tombs or something), in the spirit of city sewers, can suck up a huge amount of slag.


[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World
 
World: Legends
Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268
Posts: 1560
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:22 am

Re: useless mats

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:42 am

Lilbyrdie wrote:
K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) wrote:Only 112? I have 600k....


The folks that are doing a lot of toresti runs are burning 100k in a day, or more. Levitation energy is one of the limiting factors for toresti and will, ultimately, keep plume values from dropping too low since it can't be traded. A fairly large amount is needed for building up ships, too. But if you don't need new ships, or run toresti, then sure, it's useless to you.

Sprite whistles have been selling well lately. They do seem much rarer. Spider eggs are still pretty low. Maybe a new craftable poisoned trap or something would be fun.


But dragon eggs... dragon eggs keep their value up quite well. And if you don't think so, please give me 664 so I can build out a new Drake cannon.

Reminds me of a recent discussion in game. Someone was complaining of having too much con essence (5k, ohnoes!), yet a single level 5 skyward requires 28,800 con essence.

What's useless to one can be useful to another. Just too bad levi energy can't be traded. ;)

Slag ... slag is unfortunate. I'm hoping something will come along. Maybe a KD buildable dungeon (tombs or something), in the spirit of city sewers, can suck up a huge amount of slag.


And if that buildable dungeon cost, say, 1000 slag, I think I could build one on each obelisk and tower of my kd. I know I have an abnormally large amount of the stuff, but I wonder how much of it pk has in reserve at this point.


K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun
 
World: Legends
Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799
Posts: 4866
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:16 am

Re: useless mats

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:31 am

I would still like to see an upgrade to city sewers. This could soak up a lot of the slag.


Lilbyrdie
The Mentor
 
World: Legends
Gold: 26983138
Flags: 11448
Posts: 790
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: useless mats

Post by Lilbyrdie on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:15 am

[Hobos]Kawigi wrote:
And if that buildable dungeon cost, say, 1000 slag, I think I could build one on each obelisk and tower of my kd. I know I have an abnormally large amount of the stuff, but I wonder how much of it pk has in reserve at this point.


1,000 slag? You're not thinking KD scale. First, it would need to be limited just like the sewer: just one. Second, slag cost should probably be more like 50k-100k, along with the typical 200k bricks, and some other typical kd mats.

Alternately, some sort of KD spawnable one-use dungeon (prisons are one-use, as an example). That would create a continuous drain on slag.

Eventually, the one-time use mat sinks level out. Slag, for example, went way up when sewers were introduced, but then came back down. Slag stayed reasonable when you could convert 3 slag to 1 iron. Now it's basically useless. City sewers aren't added at any sort of rate that would keep it up.

More to the point of the thread, it's nice to have demand on all mats for some continuous use or another, so there isn't much of anything that you can do or create that feels like a waste. Slag is definitely [mostly] a waste right now. (Of course, slag is defined as a "stony waste matter separated from metals during smelting" so... that's apt, but not very fun.)

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) wrote:I would still like to see an upgrade to city sewers. This could soak up a lot of the slag.


What would you upgrade? Add some levels with more rooms? Any sub-bosses? Sewers are the only dungeon under level 5 can enter, so it can't be too complex. ;)


K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun
 
World: Legends
Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799
Posts: 4866
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:16 am

Re: useless mats

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:19 am

Sewer upgrade

The side chambers could be extended. At the end could be a king spider - half the hp of the queen, webs you like a normal spider, & poisonous but no spider spawn. There are two side chambers currently, there could be a charge to extend each - say 500 slag, 100 spider eggs and x (suggest amount) city coins per extension.

Just a suggestion - nothing fancy - small amount of artwork to reduce the queen spider to half it's size for the king, the "web" & "poison" AI is well developed, so should be easy to code.


[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World
 
World: Legends
Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268
Posts: 1560
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:22 am

Re: useless mats

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:41 pm

Since there's additional motivation to be earning pages right now, I talked Kaoto into letting me kill his Torestis - Aside from having a surplus of levitation energy he had 5 full keys of order. In about 2.5 hours (including some breaks for rl stuff), he got 241 plumes and I got about 210k pages, and I think we now agree that levitation energy isn't useless :-)

If anyone else out there has some keys of order and levitation energy, but doesn't have the ship to effectively use them, talk to me this week, and if we can reasonably schedule it, I'll come do the fighting for you. Until I've finished the event I'll do it completely free of charge, too, I'm about half way right now.

Previous

Who is Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered players and 2 guests

cron