Back to PK
forum logo

Is capped gear worth the $$$$$ for hunters? Return to Strategy

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

World: Legends
Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Re: Is capped gear worth the $$$$$ for hunters?

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:01 am

Lilbyrdie wrote:
[CaL]-Ynard~the~Bard wrote:
{§§}locke wrote:By the way, I did see on the guide page for spedial metals that there is a formula for proc chance. It is basses on weapon quality 1&2. Level is one of them and I think the repair is the other, just not sure which is which to do the math. ;)

I'm rather sure that in the Quality1 means level of the attacker's Weapon while Quality2 means defender's Armor level. Or vice versa.
Guide wrote:When applying a Metal effect, the quality of the weapon and armor being used affect the Metal's chance to apply as a percentage multiplier.
The percentage formula is: ((10 + Quality1 - Quality2) / 10) * 100%

The "worn" percentage (0%-300%) has nothing to do with weapon's or armor's ability to do damage or apply metal effect.

Quality is, indeed, the item level. "Worn" percent is "ItemHP."

27 weapon vs 24 armor:
(10+27-24)/10 = 1.3 => 130%.

Anyone know what the "quality" value of vicious and epic monsters is?

It's also unlikely that any buffs affect this formula (e.g. ring stats, skill bonuses, etc.). But, if they do, that would be nice to know.

I believe epic is 20 or 21 up to 26, vicious starts around 14, give or take.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:25 pm

The monsters are in a range of levels, and I believe there is some overlap between the hardest vicious and weakest epics. Where the monster is in the range is not known.
I was told (a long time ago and I don't know where the player got his information from)

Timids - level 1-6
Normal - 6-11
Strong - 11-16
Vicious - 16-21
Epic - 21-26
Based on this,
Legendary - 30? This is a guess but as capped equipment gains 3 levels against legendaries this makes sense.

I also believe that bosses are always at the top of the range from the reduced buffs I get on them. I definately buff dark monsters easier than boss dark monsters, even when both are epic. I often see bosses without a lightning buff even when the mob are buffed. And bosses seem to buff me easily....

Lilbyrdie
The Mentor

Gold: 26983138
Flags: 11448

Post by Lilbyrdie on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:25 am

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) wrote:The monsters are in a range of levels, and I believe there is some overlap between the hardest vicious and weakest epics. Where the monster is in the range is not known.
I was told (a long time ago and I don't know where the player got his information from)

Timids - level 1-6
Normal - 6-11
Strong - 11-16
Vicious - 16-21
Epic - 21-26
Based on this,
Legendary - 30? This is a guess but as capped equipment gains 3 levels against legendaries this makes sense.

I also believe that bosses are always at the top of the range from the reduced buffs I get on them. I definately buff dark monsters easier than boss dark monsters, even when both are epic. I often see bosses without a lightning buff even when the mob are buffed. And bosses seem to buff me easily....

Ok, that pretty much answers my question: the basic effective level of a monster does translate over to their "defense" quality with respect to this formula and buff triggers.

That does make sense about legendaries. Buffs certainly work, but not nearly as well. It also seems to imply that attack buffs definitely don't count in the formula:

27 weapon vs 30 quality legend:

(10+27-30)/10 = 0.7 = 70% -- nearly a third less buff chance.

And for those people that come in with budget 24 items:

(10+24-30)/10 = 40%

It could even be 31.

Interestingly, though, it also means that capped gear may have a slight bonus to buff chance (10%) over any regular epic, if regular epic is capped at 26. If. It might not be. But, if it is, that's yet another reason why capped gear makes hunting better. :)

gⓞⓞƒ™
The Phoenix

Gold: 708891
Flags: 2479

Post by gⓞⓞƒ™ on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:06 pm

All of my capped gear buffs more often than my 25 stuff so I think this is right

[Hobos]dirkous

Gold: 29150820
Flags: 2657

Post by [Hobos]dirkous on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Thanks everyone for participating in this thread!!!!! Any which way, between each persons contribution, we have the hard answer to gear level, monster level, and buff percent. Maybe because of this it will get intrograted into the guide but it still leaves a thread with the info no matter. At least with hard numbers each player can actually decide if 10% more buff is worth the money or a few extra HP on each attack.
For me, I want to have 26 gear on me for monster spawns, but will stick with lower leveled gear for use. The time difference to me is so negligible that I would rather have more gear and metals I would like than a few high level ones.
Thanks again everyone!!!!! =)

KingoFutura
The Unstoppable Berserker

Gold: 416683811
Flags: 29427

Post by KingoFutura on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:33 pm

My main weapon is a capped diamond honed axe. Since I capped it and inscribed it after capping it has earned 32,564,148 gold and counting. So yes capping is worth it. I have a total of five +27 capped weapons and four +26 weapons which I am working on capping.

Previous