forum logo

Issues About Mods And There Bans An Ideas For The Fix Return to Strategy

Cameron™

World: Legends
Gold: 2287164
Flags: 4584

Issues About Mods And There Bans An Ideas For The Fix

Post by Cameron™ on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:37 pm

OK the moderation deal about mods and there bans. I've been hearing a lot of complaints about being banned for no reason an how level 10 mods have to much power. This is one of my ideas to upgrade the moding system or change it I already have typed in another chat:
What I think is a smart idea is when a level 10 mod bans a person for (a dumb) no reason the player being banned should be able to report it so it can be looked into. When it's reported there should be a group (5-10)of Main Mods More Powerful then level 10 that review the reports and decides who is right an who is wrong. A group of those mods shall be hand picked by devs an shall take a few test but if they do there job wrong they shall be reported to which if the right mods are picked it shouldn't be a problem. If a level 10 mod is proven wrong by the main mods there will be consequences which should be: 1st Time-Drop 3 levels (back to 7) 2nd Time- Drop 5more levels (Back To level 5) 3rd Time- The main mods can revoke a player's authority of moding or it can be brought to the devs which they can revoke. If the level 10 mod is right about the ban, the ban will continue being banned. If a person keeps reporting all the bans knowing there right there should be a Warning To The Player if it continues there can be a Gold Fee set on there profile an if it don't help other actions will be taken. All This will cause less problems about people complaining about being banned for no reason an this will cause people to obey there power of moding the right way. All Of This Will Be Hard At First To Get Put In Action But After A While Things Will Turn Out Good An There Won't Be Any Complaints.

List Some Of You Ideas If You Want To Give More Suggestions Of How The Mod Situation Can Be Helped Or Fixed
Last edited by Cameron™ on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cameron™

Re: Issues About Mods And There Bans An Ideas For The Fix

Post by Cameron™ on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:38 pm

Sorry For Wrong Spelling An Text Lol

Dogmeat*
The Phoenix

Gold: 12734488
Flags: 7834

Post by Dogmeat* on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:06 pm

just let limit b a mod :D

Cameron™

Post by Cameron™ on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:03 am

Lol This Can Not Be Ignored List Ideas Or Agree On Somethings

[Hobos]Kaoto

Gold: 1167209
Flags: 13438

Post by [Hobos]Kaoto on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:57 pm

Simple, require three ban requests to initiate a ban. Not perfect, but one person able to ban is too much power in one opinion.

Lilbyrdie
The Mentor

Gold: 26983138
Flags: 11448

Post by Lilbyrdie on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:24 am

Having heard many people in various chats talk about accidental mods -- which is quite easy given the UI and no confirmation -- plus mods just banning for fun, people gaming the quizzes, and so on, the system is full of bad data at this point.

Reducing the max mod points to something under 100 is probably a good idea to prevent just one person being able to ban. Even if it's 90 points so even a level 1 mod could push the person over would probably be enough.

Having a higher level more "elite" and "trusted" circle of mods could be a good thing, too. Maybe after level 10, mods get "plusses" -- eg level 10+1, 10+2, etc. Once they reach, say, level 10+10 (e.g. 10 quiz passes after reaching level 10 and no reductions at all), their quiz changes to but just a review quiz after being checked on by the devs (e.g. a dev has to set this on, but any failures can turn it off). An overturn of any of these answers -- either going from pass to ban or ban to pass -- has ramifications to everyone who voted the wrong way. In that way, actual trusted mods -- and not just one, but still a group of them -- 5 or 10 even -- can effectually prevent gaming the system one way or the other.

That is, if several mods got reduced because they banned someone who swore and was offensive, but it got overturned due to gaming the system, the mods would be un-punished (their levels returned) and the quiz-takers who gamed the system would be punished (their levels stripped and any gold earned removed).

This would basically add another layer of balance to the system.

On top of that, if any modded chat gets a mix of votes from the 10+10s, it would go up to review with the devs and, perhaps, on a private forum for the mods to see why it's not getting consistent votes. (Maybe it's trade spam in trade chat that has 2 too many words in it, going by the strict definition. Or, worse, a cultural slur that few understand.)

Just some thoughts...

On another note, while people are complaining about bad bans, the global chats also seem to be degrading. The community standards seem to be eroding. If the chats were adults only, that would be OK. But, they aren't.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:14 pm

I appreciate the general degradation of the chat rooms, it breaks my heart. But having had bans overturned, and only being able to issue a few bans even as a level10 old style moderator, without back up by other moderators I can't bring a room under control. If I do, I then risk having my bans overturned and losing levels - which I then have to regain. It's a vicious circle.
The vindictive, favouritism I see in the bans being issued, means the few active good moderators are less prepared to ban - as no one can see your justified bans amongst the wrong ones being issued. Global is particularly bad at times - but why should I risk my levels when no one else seems to care?