Awsum~
The Beta Knight

World: Legends
Gold: 34847
Flags: 148

Random Server Questions

Post by Awsum~ on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:38 pm

So, I'm back. I guess...

I've heard there was a server cap implemented.

1. Do we know the maximum number of players a server can support and/or the cap for the 70%?

2. Do we know the boundaries and number of servers covering the map? iirc, before I quit, there was a lot of speculation about this when major cities fell due to rumors being spread by word-of-mouth on how they would possibly influence server load.

Also, judging from this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22604 , what exactly is the current rule in place?

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Re: Random Server Questions

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:53 am

For #2, one way to test whether two places are on the same server is if jumping between them clears your map chat log.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Re: Random Server Questions

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 pm

I think the "server cap" is not so much player (and minion) determined but "the amount of strain that server is currently facing". So on a busy server with lots of players (some with minions) jumping here and there between cities the attacking kingdoms will be unable to have as many players before the cap hits as they would on a quiet server. Bear in mind that players may be active in cities, flagging, or just hunting on a server.

A kingdom on the same server as NYC will have a lot of random players (with minions) in the area. So the cap will be hit a lot quicker - even tho a lot of the players will have nothing to do with either the attackers or defenders.

A kingdom in Africa where the server covers a lot larger area (by km) may have no (or few) random players active. So the attackers will be the only (or nearly only) non kingdom members on that server.