forum logo

Need Help for Oiyoi Master set up Return to Strategy

EvoReN

World: Legends
Gold: 1000892
Flags: 244

Need Help for Oiyoi Master set up

Post by EvoReN on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:41 pm

Am looking to switch to this class. I just like to PvE. Any help is well appreciated.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Re: Need Help for Oiyoi Master set up

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:55 am

This is an outstanding class for hunting.
The sling is the range weapon, it pwnds - don't mock it! But if you have shuriken use those while you level up your slings. The melee weapon is barehands or staff or knuckles. I liked a staff personally. And you can't metal your hands or gem them (and gem golems can't be hurt by ungemmed.....). The armour is a tunic or naked. Naked adds even more to your speed, as you dodge you don't get hit much so you don't buff a lot, and your skin matches your player level (capped at +25) so if you are level25 or over you need a high level tunic to give you better protection than naked.
Skills - serenity is a must have so that the double healing knocks in quicker.

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:50 am

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) wrote:This is an outstanding class for hunting.
The sling is the range weapon, it pwnds - don't mock it! But if you have shuriken use those while you level up your slings. The melee weapon is barehands or staff or knuckles. I liked a staff personally. And you can't metal your hands or gem them (and gem golems can't be hurt by ungemmed.....). The armour is a tunic or naked. Naked adds even more to your speed, as you dodge you don't get hit much so you don't buff a lot, and your skin matches your player level (capped at +25) so if you are level25 or over you need a high level tunic to give you better protection than naked.
Skills - serenity is a must have so that the double healing knocks in quicker.

Note that a level 5 Oiyoi Master gets +3 to tunic, so you just need a +22 tunic to give better protection than nothing, and having a metal on it might be worth the effort even before that.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:58 pm

I agree Kawigi, but a low level tunic doesn't buff as well as a high one. A low buff (like ice) metal, on a <23 tunic is stupid. You do better naked.- high buff tunic (like lightning) is Ok.
I was a "no combat class" oiyoi player till they introduced tokens. I then tried out ranger (nah), ninja (nice), OM (liked it!).
I never PvP'd in any of the classes, but for hunting OM suited my play style perfectly.

『♚ηøร♔』♜✵KαfGяυик✵♜
The Grove Guardian

Gold: 2353080
Flags: 604

Post by 『♚ηøร♔』♜✵KαfGяυик✵♜ on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:49 am

My current setup, which is pretty cheap but has gotten me everywhere in PvE, i can clear any dungeon easily, is the following :
+25 Lightning staff
+25 honed Staff
+25 Lightning Tunic
+25 Honed Tunic

With these items, as soon as i fight 2 or more monsters, i have my lightning gear on, and when I fight a boss or a bigger monster (mag, drag, etc) I put honed on. Of course people will say honed is useless on a tunic cause it wont proc, but for me, it procs enough often for me to be happy when i fight those monsters and it means that the times they hit me, they hit me by just a fraction of what they usually would hit.

this is my cheap setup, nothing huge, and works for anything PvE related.

Lilbyrdie
The Mentor

Gold: 26983138
Flags: 11448

Post by Lilbyrdie on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:20 am

♜O↭M♜✵KαfGяυик✵ wrote:My current setup, which is pretty cheap but has gotten me everywhere in PvE, i can clear any dungeon easily, is the following :
+25 Lightning staff
+25 honed Staff
+25 Lightning Tunic
+25 Honed Tunic

With these items, as soon as i fight 2 or more monsters, i have my lightning gear on, and when I fight a boss or a bigger monster (mag, drag, etc) I put honed on. Of course people will say honed is useless on a tunic cause it wont proc, but for me, it procs enough often for me to be happy when i fight those monsters and it means that the times they hit me, they hit me by just a fraction of what they usually would hit.

this is my cheap setup, nothing huge, and works for anything PvE related.

That seems perfectly reasonable and is quite cheap.

As for honed not proc'ing on a tunic, that's just silly. Dodge only reduces proc chance by 30%. So, that means from 10% to 7%. Add a honed% ring and you're better off that where you started. But given that it lasts for 60 seconds (unlike every other buff in the game), it'll be there a while.

Also don't forget: Martial Arts classes don't have to wear oiyoi gear all the time. In hunting situations, some alternate setups can help tremendously.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:40 am

A lightning buff grand ring gives +2 damage when buffed. Lightning has a very high buff rate. Zero + 2 = 2 damage.... So get a lightning ring and even single monsters get damaged when buffed.

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:51 pm

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) wrote:A lightning buff grand ring gives +2 damage when buffed. Lightning has a very high buff rate. Zero + 2 = 2 damage.... So get a lightning ring and even single monsters get damaged when buffed.

Yes, but the amount of damage is less than you might get with honed (especially with a folded/blade ring) or poison (especially with a toxic/venom ring) metal would do.

Lilbyrdie
The Mentor

Gold: 26983138
Flags: 11448

Post by Lilbyrdie on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:58 pm

[Hobos]Kawigi wrote:
K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) wrote:A lightning buff grand ring gives +2 damage when buffed. Lightning has a very high buff rate. Zero + 2 = 2 damage.... So get a lightning ring and even single monsters get damaged when buffed.

Yes, but the amount of damage is less than you might get with honed (especially with a folded/blade ring) or poison (especially with a toxic/venom ring) metal would do.

Not only that, but the +2 from the lightning damage ring stat doesn't seem to always work. That is, I've had the lightning debuff indicator show plenty of times versus a solo target where I haven't seen any damage show up. Other times, it works just fine.