Beating the Toresti, any tips? Return to Strategy

MrPiney
The Druid

World: Legends
Gold: 452152
Flags: 2334

Beating the Toresti, any tips?

Post by MrPiney on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:47 am

I know some of you have been fighting this thing for few times now. Any tips you'd like to share? (Because all I've had is got beat. :? )

The_Black_Hand
The Workhorse

Gold: 81270067
Flags: 19239

Re: Beating the Toresti, any tips?

Post by The_Black_Hand on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:04 am

I've seen that it took like 35-40 ships to beat level 8. I've been involved in a few level 8's with about 30 and we could make no headway. So it looks like you need to fill the circle with as many people as you can. Kinda like war. :lol: :lol: :lol: hahaha

slaphappy1
The Oiyoi Master

Gold: 5230196
Flags: 2627

Post by slaphappy1 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:13 am

ive made it as far as lvl 5 with just two ships and a guy on a +0 griffon... i have an elemental i noticed i can net her if i call her forth but cant if someone else does like dreads and bs.
once we tried leaving people in surrounding circles and rotating.... didnt work. only thing i havent tried is having a freind with high lvl mine and bomb cannons around to just lay them al around.
i can say this. and if this is a glitch consider this my report: after the first time you die if she forces you red you still regen just stay away from the clouds. she converts valks with those purple balls. it gives you the option to attack those balls but i dont know if ive ever really attacked it. if you dont want deathsoar popping up kill the valks or let the balls hit your ship.
im down to help if anyone catches me online invite me

slaphappy1
The Oiyoi Master

Gold: 5230196
Flags: 2627

Post by slaphappy1 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:52 am

I also sat online hoping someone would help and wound up fighting solo. now that everyone is scared to fight her it seems pointless to even try. cant make it pass lvl 2 solo :roll:

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:05 pm

Okay - so trying to fight her solo sux, but I got to level2 and received 9 plumes in total with a +26 key. These could be sold for a lot more than the key would fetch. So I will be fighting her again (brawler 247).
But it's not how hard I damage her - it's how weak even my capped armour is. I think you need a tank to fight her properly (or a kd airship)

Tulkus

Gold: 1425469
Flags: 7761

Post by Tulkus on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:39 pm

Stage 1-2 are pretty easy I don't even have to move my airship to kill her.

stage 3 I have to heal my ship 2-3 times in order to defeat her

stage 4 is kinda tricky on a solo run, I have to do a hit and run technique on her, after a few minutes of running away from her to heal I can kill her.

Stage 5 is impossible to do on a solo run trust me I have tried lol, after a few failed attempts i asked a friend for help with stage 5 and was able to beat it fairly easy.

Stage 6 I have not had any success yet.

Side note I have friends who have a difficult time with toresti at stage 4, mid to long range cannons are the issue, it is almost impossible to heal with these cannons since they can't get far enough away from her to heal.

FYI my airship is a brawler level 249

Diokhan
The Phoenix

Gold: 633544
Flags: 3701

Post by Diokhan on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:11 am

A few basic tips
1. Don't invite everyone, get high lvled airships, 3 airships lvl250 or higher can easy reach phase 6.

2. Everyone needs to be in same circle, other players should accept invite again, after key user reached next phase spot. Was loosing a toresti, after he was outside of my (key user) circle, all ships was attacking at this time.

3. Don't fight till death, fly around to heal, toresti run away if all ships disabled.

Mojo_Risin
The Cannoneer

Gold: 12616539
Flags: 5376

Post by Mojo_Risin on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:29 am

My group regularly beats Level 7 with 4-5 ships but we're all high level. We have yet to defeat 8 but when I wasn't on they apparently got her to about 25% health before failing.

Two tips:

1) Get a Handy or Engineer ring. The disabled timer reduction is invaluable.

2) Use a kingdom ship. This helps a ton and I have dreams of fighting a Toresti with all kingdom ships.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:26 am

Okay, I just managed a solo Toresti at level5... HowI managed I ain't got a clue. I know level4 was a Toresti gang bang - two rifts in the same place and they helped me kill mine before spawning theirs, but the next stage was... Interesting to say the least.

I basically managed by continually running and healing and returning and hitting and running and healing.... I was in my brawler, which is capped at tier 1 and 2, level 9 penetrating fire and 6 turbo speed (which I never used lol). My canons are all mid to close range. LW is pelter +12 the rest all +6 & +7. I have a shock, a tailwind, a fire, a chain and a (?). I lost at level6, then joined the gang who helped me at stage 4 ewhere we managed to get to stage 8 before we were defeated.

Oh and make sure no one helping is an enemy. Their ship will shoot you every chance they get.

[Hobos]WhoFarted
The Phoenix

Gold: 200927121
Flags: 4753

Post by [Hobos]WhoFarted on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:29 pm

I'm wondering if the cannon type matters with tori. I have an artillery so i can equip 5 LW and 2 HW cannons. Does anyone have any experience or advice?

Next