Beating the Toresti, any tips? Return to Strategy

Lilbyrdie
The Mentor

World: Legends
Gold: 26983138
Flags: 11448

Re: Beating the Toresti, any tips?

Post by Lilbyrdie on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:12 am

Part of beating Toresti also seems to be deciding what costs are worthwhile. Has anyone come up with a tablet of plumes earned per level for various key levels?

I did a low level and got 2 plumes for the first, and 3 for the second. I think that was a +14 key.

Rumors suggest that repairs plus key value is often higher than plume value, but this thread would imply people are getting farther with soloing than they used to. Plume values declining also suggests that more plumes are getting out there anyway.

Indy™
探索者宗师

Gold: 142776877
Flags: 2363

Post by Indy™ on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:37 am

Lilbyrdie wrote:Has anyone come up with a tablet of plumes earned per level for various key levels?

I know for +26 key, the plumes are consistently
Phase 1: 4 plumes
Phase 2: 5 plumes (9 cumulative)
Phase 3: 6 plumes (15 cumulative)
Phase 4: 8 plumes (23 cumulative)
Phase 5: 10 plumes (33 cumulative)
Phase 6: 12 plumes (45 cumulative)
Phase 7: ?? plumes
Phase 8: ?? plumes

I have not gotten past Phase 6. I usually solo to Phase 4 and find a helper for Phase 5 and 6. I don't think Phase 7 can be done with just two players.

Keep in mind that Toresti drops gold as well. I can't remember exactly how much, but Phase 1 & 2 each drops 6500gold, phase 3&4 13000 gold, and so forth.

Lower key levels produce fewer plumes and gold, but it's not consistent. (eg: +25 key on phase 1 has x% change of giving 4 plumes and 3 plumes otherwise).

At the current market prices, break-even point is about getting to phase 3. If you are not getting past phase 3, I think you are currently better off selling your keys and saving yourself repair cost and time.

slaphappy1
The Oiyoi Master

Gold: 5230196
Flags: 2627

Post by slaphappy1 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:32 am

why does it give the option to attack purification mines and clouds if you cant really attack them? I experimented with attacking the mines and I suicide bombed it instead of shooting it. I have long and mid range cannons, thus my ship has no reason to get that close to something in order to attack it.

Sephorith

Gold: 8096584
Flags: 3657

Post by Sephorith on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:43 am

It's 61 plumes for a level 7. I'm assuming this because I only really kept count during the double drop period which was 122. Level 8 drops I don't recall, I want to say it was around 160-170 during the double drop weeks, so 80-85 now.

1. Have enough leveled ships to make is feasible to go to higher levels. We regularly defeat level 7 with 3-7 strong ships. I stress leveled ships, capped health preferably. Brawlers and tanks are the best I've seen at taking hp and staying alive.

2. It's about teamwork to keep the Toresti from verbally insulting you and flying away. Watch your health as well as others. If my health is full and I see others dying, I'll pull back from the group so one of us stays alive. And vice versa, if my health is low and others are high, I'll kamikaze so I can respawn and gain health back.

3. Pick the right Torestina when it splits. You'll notice a large difference in HP loss between the two decoys and the real one. Choosing the right one will save you massive hp and decrease hers quicker.

4. Use any element buffs, cloud buffs and ring bonuses you can to give yourself what edge you can. It can come close in the higher levels if you only have a few ships, so every little bit helps.

Alternatively, you can sell your keys and buy plumes. We've tried a few level 8's and have only succeeded on 3-4. We call in a few more heavy ships for that task though.

Mojo_Risin
The Cannoneer

Gold: 12616539
Flags: 5376

Post by Mojo_Risin on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Indy™ wrote:I know for +26 key, the plumes are consistently

Phase 7: 16
Phase 8: ??

Sephorith

Post by Sephorith on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:12 am

Mojo_Risin wrote:
Indy™ wrote:I know for +26 key, the plumes are consistently

Phase 7: 16
Phase 8: ??

Phase 8: 20

BlackLord
The Mentor

Gold: 783163
Flags: 5741

Post by BlackLord on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:54 pm

WhoFarted wrote:I'm wondering if the cannon type matters with tori. I have an artillery so i can equip 5 LW and 2 HW cannons. Does anyone have any experience or advice?

This is a great question, which there does not seem to be an answer to yet. my poor guess would be that Armor piercing is less important, and that fire type would be more important. but so far i havn't seen any evidence either way, or really paid attention enough to make a valuable claim.

Sephorith

Post by Sephorith on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:29 pm

BlackLord wrote:
WhoFarted wrote:I'm wondering if the cannon type matters with tori. I have an artillery so i can equip 5 LW and 2 HW cannons. Does anyone have any experience or advice?

This is a great question, which there does not seem to be an answer to yet. my poor guess would be that Armor piercing is less important, and that fire type would be more important. but so far i havn't seen any evidence either way, or really paid attention enough to make a valuable claim.

Armor piercing doesn't matter much, if at all. The best cannons are tailwind (HW), quick fire (MW) and bolt (LW). They will do the most damage. I tend to use my longshot (MW) so I can get back away from toresti when I need to heal, yet still be attacking.

The testing I did was by only equipping and comparing a +15 tail wind with a +17 lance. The tail wind won out significantly, even at a lower level. From there, I based an assumption that toresti was really low armor and most raw damage from cannon table would win out.

[Ξ✪Ξ]✯لέðΐ✯
The Grand Master Assassin

Gold: 382544759
Flags: 13546

Post by [Ξ✪Ξ]✯لέðΐ✯ on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:41 pm

I have a friend who tells me he's beat lvl 8 with 6 ships & one mount. Supposedly the player on the mount stays green the entire time preventing toresti from running. Of coarse the players on the mount wouldn't get anything. I'm not sure if I believe this, but it's something to try.

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:40 am

{L루}ℑξðî✯λδδάδάΐή✞ wrote:I have a friend who tells me he's beat lvl 8 with 6 ships & one mount. Supposedly the player on the mount stays green the entire time preventing toresti from running. Of coarse the players on the mount wouldn't get anything. I'm not sure if I believe this, but it's something to try.

I've seen a player on a mount take advantage of jump protection like this - as long as they don't move, they're invincible for something like 5 minutes. Maybe if you got two people to rotate doing this, you could make it to the end, but from my experience, killing phase 8 will take a lot more time than that, especially with only 6 ships.

Previous