Ninja class Return to Strategy

{τ¤s}"Pain"
The Apprentice Ninja

World: Horizons
Gold: 83928
Flags: 158

Ninja class

Post by {τ¤s}"Pain" on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:41 pm

is there anyone out there that has a very good ninja class setup for the new age if so post em below :D :D

laxpanther
The Beta Knight

World: Legends
Gold: 5444702
Flags: 5147

Re: Ninja class

Post by laxpanther on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:14 pm

My setup is geared toward hunting, so do with that what you will.

MA 3
Tactics 3 (Tactics is very useful, especially with land hunting when you can chop trees with chopping gloves, giving you +3 atk for a lot of the time you are hunting)
Hunter's Eye 3 (I like this skill a lot, especially for big game)
Trood 3 (regardless of class, this is a must for me)
Ninja 5
Troll 2 (regardless of class, a must for me)
Ricochet 3 (this is a great skill for ninja due to a ninja's speed, but doesn't work at melee range, so run away from mobs and line em up)
Serenity 3 (regardless of class, a must for me)
Merc 3 (regardless of class, a great skill)
Dragon 3 (for the HP bonus and pet bonus)
Cart 3 (a must for me)
Rally Cry 3 (instead of Oiyoi strike, which I feel is too restrictive due to the requirement that mobs be a full health to insta-kill. its just not that valuable in my opinion. Rally gives +2 and if you are hunting hordes the cool down gets very low (including in the final rooms of construct ships) and in some cases even disappears. Great skill. Quick slot the banner)
Triumph 3 (I rarely have to heal when fighting a bunch of enemies, especially with rally cry and taunt)
Taunt 3 (Again, combined with the above two, its great for hunting)
Fatality 3 (combined with the above skills its great. I only wish the range was bit more so that taunted enemies would all be affected instead of only mobs that are basically on top of each other. I hope this gets tweaked slightly as for such a high level skill it doesn't always work as well as one would like)
Focus 3 (another great skill for killing stuff quick and negating damage. weeding out enemies one by one is always going to be better for your health than doing a little damage to everyone)
Dungeon 1 (I see no need to do dungeons more quickly each week and my movement speed as a ninja is already quite nice, so the ability to re-enter is all I care about)

eventually (lol, could be um...a WHILE):

Heroism 3 (this will probably be a phenomenal skill when I get it. lol, who knows?)
Bond 3 (I'm much more of a hunter so cleanse, while nice, would only really appeal to me if it applied in the air (damn water elemental de-buff) so bond makes a lot more sense.)

What do ya think? Pretty awesome ninja setup, if I do say so myself. Sorry that it came after free skill resets, I just saw the question!!

The only things I would consider changing: Merc 3 (when prices begin to reflect purchases made using this skill)
I would switch possibly to Oiyoi Strike (while its not ideal, it is a sweet skill when it procs, however rarely that is) or to Scavenge which might be additionally helpful in construct ships for enemies that drop items as well as the obvious land item droppers. Other than that, I'm probably good.

Chrasion
The Stonecore Titan

World: Horizons
Gold: 190699
Flags: 1179

Post by Chrasion on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:48 pm

laxpanther wrote:Taunt 3 (Again, combined with the above two, its great for hunting)

As far as I know, taunting as a Ninja is never a good idea :B

gⓞⓞƒ™
The Phoenix

Gold: 708891
Flags: 2479

Post by gⓞⓞƒ™ on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Not a ninja anymore but as a militia our weapons do about the same damage and I find oiyoi strike go be awesome and it takes affect roughly 1 out of every 15 enemies u kill I fun a lot of sc and always set back and kill strong tentacles first and just this week I had oiyoi strike take affect on all 3 strong tentacles in the room it was awesome and saved me about 20-40 minutes

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:54 am

Chrasion wrote:
laxpanther wrote:Taunt 3 (Again, combined with the above two, its great for hunting)

As far as I know, taunting as a Ninja is never a good idea :B

Why not? Seems like just about as good as it is with anyone else to me.

Mojo_Risin
The Cannoneer

Gold: 12616539
Flags: 5376

Post by Mojo_Risin on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:20 pm

I agree, Taunt is the devs' gift to the lazy player. Even if you die occasionally you still make gold.

Mojo's Guide to Taunting:
1. Taunt
2. *
3. Profit

* put phone in pocket; make a sandwich; actually do work you're getting paid for; etc.

gⓞⓞƒ™
The Phoenix

Gold: 708891
Flags: 2479

Post by gⓞⓞƒ™ on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Mojo_Risin wrote:I agree, Taunt is the devs' gift to the lazy player. Even if you die occasionally you still make gold.

Mojo's Guide to Taunting:
1. Taunt
2. *
3. Profit

* put phone in pocket; make a sandwich; actually do work you're getting paid for; etc.
I pk at work so much lately I thought that's what they was paying me to do thanks for reminding me pk ain't my job mojo lol

laxpanther
The Beta Knight

Post by laxpanther on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:49 am

There's absolutely nothing wrong with taunt as a ninja, as long as you don't taunt stone golems or other stuff that murders the crap out of you.

Combine taunt with triumph and rally cry (and my +3 attack to construct enemies ring) and the final room of a ship goes by very quickly and safely. My rally cooldown is often left under a minute when I'm finished. Wish taunt worked that way.

{~J¿E~}••Jason™••
The Pupil

Gold: 5757
Flags: 113

Post by {~J¿E~}••Jason™•• on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Yeah.. Taunting is safe if there are no stone golems which send you back and shoot rocks at you that deliver a whopping 30 damage. How does tactics work in ninja??? Does it give you +3 attack overall?

laxpanther
The Beta Knight

Post by laxpanther on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:37 am

yes. charge it up with a chopping ring and you are good to go.

Next