Druid help please.. Return to Strategy

MrPiney
The Druid

World: Legends
Gold: 452152
Flags: 2334

Re: Druid help please..

Post by MrPiney on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:54 am

As a druid you will hunt slower than most classes, and unless you go to wars, druids best ability "replenish" is a waste and you should change class.

But if you decide that helping others in wars is your thing, here's what I think.

You can solo every dungeon, but you will run them slower than fighting classes. If you run dungeons in a group you will probably make the least gold or even less than compared to running solo.

Use dead weapon and summon trees to help to hunt decently or hunt with war golems. I use a commanding ring and try to start dungeons with as much minions as possible.

You will need a variety of rings or certain monsters will be quite tough/slow to kill (like dragons and magnatheres).

You could also level up different weapons for different monsters to increase hunting speed.

Branded

Gold: 5319155
Flags: 2150

Post by Branded on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:45 am

You can solo with any of the classes, none are really that bad. I know I've tried em.

But druid is not providing you with the best benefits for your play style, and that's what you should be looking for. In the shorter term, you might want to think about what equipment you have and how many skill points you will need to redeem as well.

Crafter, merchant and explorer have no equipment bonus, so play them with whatever you have.... despite what someone else says none are stronger than the others. Choose which class depending on whether you would benefit from their spec bonus.... Exploring/moving without flags plus speed, selling and buying or crafting.

Otherwise, what equipment do you have and what skills? You have oiyoi, do you have a tunic and staff? Most druids do.... In which case think about om master. you don't have to have a sling, but if you want one they are cheap. Knight or warrior are others you should consider for solo play. Read the skills pages..... What suits how you like to play?

BlackLord
The Mentor

Gold: 783163
Flags: 5741

Post by BlackLord on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:52 pm

With a good iced Long bow, and trolls... i am a water hunting machine. I have troll rings and trood doctrine 3... i honestly dont find druid to be all that bad. gear your trolls and be mindful of when they die. with a good bow and geared trolls i can solo an SC about as good as any class. You have to find the angle. with Druid its kiting monsters effectively so they are in the trail of the trolls as they follow you

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:07 am

Why bother with troll3 and waste 2 skill points? Get a good dead staff and use skellies!

Druid for 15 months and not going to change....

Incanto

Gold: 63061152
Flags: 10050

Post by Incanto on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:06 am

I don't use skellies, so I'm no expert, but I like trolls better for two reasons: metals and gemmed weapons. Metals for obvious reasons, and gemmed weapons for gem golems. Trees won't touch them and I'd guess skellies wouldn't either.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:22 pm

I'm so used to killing gem golems with my capped fire staff, I didn't think to check whether my skellies were helping lol.i never used any minions until the new upper skellies were released.but a capped purse and emptying it before I entered a sc or ToG and dying just meant I could bomb when I respawned.

Previous