Back to PK
forum logo

Is there a special technique for fighting? Return to Strategy

Øðęn™{Ł.Ø.ß}
The Phoenix

World: Legends
Gold: 5926272
Flags: 7234

Is there a special technique for fighting?

Post by Øðęn™{Ł.Ø.ß} on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:56 pm

If feel like there is something I am totally missing here, when I fight others with equipment and armor thats slightly less then comparable to mine, I lose most the time, even with great rings like HP,Speed,Toxic, Sharpened and +1 gear. I have tried every combo I can think of.Like another warrior with all 25 gear beats me while I have 26.5 and 26 armor. Also, when I do dungeons or legendaries Im almost always on the bottom for gold earned. I dont think I have ever earned more the 4k gold when fighting a legendary while others are making 10-15k. I did an SC last night with 2 buddies, I had goldsmith lantern, and I only earned a 100k while both of them earned significantly more then I did, which out lantern and both made almost double the bricks that I did. Half the time people dont believe me when I say how much I earned cause its so low in respect to everyone else. Any thoughts or tips?!

Dovak
The Grand Master Assassin

Gold: 178042
Flags: 1921

Re: Is there a special technique for fighting?

Post by Dovak on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:39 pm

I wouldn't have a comparable experience because I'm an assassin and have never played a class like a warrior before, however, I know that warriors benefit from staying at a lower health, maybe that is what is required for warriors to be comparable to other classes. Staying at full health may be the problem, and in sunken cities, if they have cleave and you don't that alone may be the difference. In pvp, the fact that you are losing to other warriors is strange since you have higher gear, just try to get as many metal effects as possible on the opponent and on ranged players be sure to shield charge as often as possible. Um.. and just to be safe.. make sure to have combat training.. :D

Eleidon

Gold: 58780
Flags: 1544

Post by Eleidon on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:36 am

Dovak wrote:I wouldn't have a comparable experience because I'm an assassin and have never played a class like a warrior before, however, I know that warriors benefit from staying at a lower health, maybe that is what is required for warriors to be comparable to other classes. Staying at full health may be the problem, and in sunken cities, if they have cleave and you don't that alone may be the difference. In pvp, the fact that you are losing to other warriors is strange since you have higher gear, just try to get as many metal effects as possible on the opponent and on ranged players be sure to shield charge as often as possible. Um.. and just to be safe.. make sure to have combat training.. :D

Combat training is required in order to choose a specialization.

Dovak
The Grand Master Assassin

Gold: 178042
Flags: 1921

Post by Dovak on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:28 pm

Eleidon wrote:Combat training is required in order to choose a specialization.

Seriously? I've never heard of that before. And it doesn't make any sense for the non-combat classes.

MrPiney
The Druid

Gold: 452152
Flags: 2334

Post by MrPiney on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:43 am

Few things to consider when dueling... (War is more complicated, but you can apply same ideas.)

Ranged opponents tend to take advantage of the fact that changing a weapon takes one "action". Meaning, instead of hitting, you switch weapon. So if your opponent constantly moves in and out of melee range and you have ranged weapon equipped, you will probably automatically switch. Of course ninjas with shuriken and militia with xbows tend to use this, because they don't have to switch weapons between melee/ranged. I am not sure how much this technique affects the outcome of battles in general, but it is mentioned in quite many dueling discussions.

I think the most important thing right after gear levels are metals. You should have quickslots unlocked and different metal weapons and/or armor assigned to quickslots.

In my current set up, I use different weapons in quickslots because metals in weapons have higher probability to stick. I start usually with shade, when shade sticks I switch to poison or honed. Usually by the time I get the second metal effect to stick I have to change back to shade to prevent opponent from healing. With some opponents I use ice shield to stick ice effect, even though I don't get bonus for using a shield.

So in short, try to get as many metal effects on your opponent as possible, but keep him shaded all the time. That should do the trick.

Ow€n
The Vanguard of Steel

Gold: 1541571
Flags: 4451

Post by Ow€n on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:31 pm

understand your class strength and weakness. You are warrior so for PVP against ranged I would go with shade armor and an ice shield.
You should have a poison axe and a honed axe. For Ranged your shield and axes should take up your quick slots let them attack first and then go in with a shield charge, after you connect unequip shield, you want to stay within melee range and alternate weapons so you keep the metal effect on as much as possible. If they get away from you reequip shield and charge once cool down expires. Its very important to keep them shaded, which shouldn't be an issue if you have shade armor.

Vs other melee strategy is going to depend on what class you are fighting, but remember your big advantage is your hp and the extra damage you do at lower HP. Be careful though because it's easier to get shaded the lower your HP. Also if you are in a KD make sure you take advantage of your train member perk.

As for gold.. its well known that melee players just don't earn as much gold since we get fewer hits in than ranged.. if you are looking for gold, go Militia

×Krazy×[C•N]•{T.π.T}
The Traveler

Gold: 168652
Flags: 722

Post by ×Krazy×[C•N]•{T.π.T} on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:33 am

Dovak wrote:
Eleidon wrote:Combat training is required in order to choose a specialization.

Seriously? I've never heard of that before. And it doesn't make any sense for the non-combat classes.

actualy not any more it used to be were combat training was required now its optional I was druid with out it

~Machete~
The Pupil

Gold: 44300
Flags: 410

Post by ~Machete~ on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:20 am

Pm me in game, il help you out
~M