The best war class? Return to Strategy

{~J¿E~}•KillingThemAll
The Territorial

World: Legends
Gold: 1550113
Flags: 439

The best war class?

Post by {~J¿E~}•KillingThemAll on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:39 pm

If money was no object what would be the best over all class/weapons for PvP and war?

belivingtheword
The Fury

Gold: 8617479
Flags: 399

Re: The best war class?

Post by belivingtheword on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:15 pm

Explorer. Have a range of every type of infused weapon specific for your opponent. For example, a set if capped daggers for when you fight a player with BP armor. You also need a full range if capped armor depending on your opponents weapons. You need full knowledge mastery of the damage matrix to pull this off, but it will be comparative to the best of every class, plus you get speed bonus and recentering.

{~J¿E~}•KillingThemAll
The Territorial

Gold: 1550113
Flags: 439

Post by {~J¿E~}•KillingThemAll on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:28 pm

I could only see that working with a tablet because you would not be able to switch equipment fast enough With only 5 quick slots

Eleidon

Gold: 58780
Flags: 1544

Post by Eleidon on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:15 pm

belivingtheword wrote:Explorer. Have a range of every type of infused weapon specific for your opponent. For example, a set if capped daggers for when you fight a player with BP armor. You also need a full range if capped armor depending on your opponents weapons. You need full knowledge mastery of the damage matrix to pull this off, but it will be comparative to the best of every class, plus you get speed bonus and recentering.

I <3 how hardcore you go when he says money is not an issue. Lol.

belivingtheword
The Fury

Gold: 8617479
Flags: 399

Post by belivingtheword on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:47 am

I just learned some new information, so I want to update my opinion.

Legion class. First have a full infused set of capped legion gear. Next, summon three trolls and equip them with capped gear according to the gear your opponent is wearing. Like the previous example, if your opponent is wearing BP, equip your three trolls with capped daggers of different metals, as well as double infused capped armor. Make sure your trolls have shields equipped for the legion bonus on your avi. So you need at least three sets of spears, axes, swords, armor, etc for your trolls, and probably a spare set as one troll is bound to die sometime and your enemy pick up at least some gear. But money is not a factor. Don't forget a troll minion grand ring and dragon horn. Boar rage is also good.

Ow€n
The Vanguard of Steel

Gold: 1541571
Flags: 4451

Post by Ow€n on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:33 pm

For legion players out there have you tried using just a shield and no armor? If so how well do you hold up in group fights?

Dr.Jeremy
The Beta Knight

Gold: 4219340
Flags: 1059

Post by Dr.Jeremy on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Legion is best in big battles where you can get a lot of the bonus. Without the bonus legion is roughly equal with knight and warrior.
Other than a legion with bonus, the best classes are the ones that can tank damage. Staying alive is important in war because when your hp is low you die again more easily. So a class that takes a lot of damage dies easily and losses too much max hp making them ineffective.

×Krazy×[C•N]•{T.π.T}
The Traveler

Gold: 168652
Flags: 722

Post by ×Krazy×[C•N]•{T.π.T} on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:21 pm

knight: FOR THIES REASONS
Heavy armor defense with knight
defense against long range weapons with shields this helps against kingdom towers as well
sword is a good weapon

legion is good but I think knight is better cause they take less damage from kd towers and long range weps
wile legions are good as well I think knight has a better set up defense and offence wise

{§kùll}Ruger™
The Grand Master Warrior

Gold: 11047888
Flags: 2603

Post by {§kùll}Ruger™ on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:12 am

[§WÊÊT]Dr.Hannibal.Lecter wrote:knight: FOR THIES REASONS
defense against long range weapons with shields this helps against kingdom towers as well
sword is a good weapon

legion is good but I think knight is better cause they take less damage from kd towers and long range weps
wile legions are good as well I think knight has a better set up defense and offence wise

Umm i think you have your classes flipped around. Knights to get a +3 shield vs range bonus. And legion start at +2 shield but, they can get +2 shield from having 2 legion and another +2 shield from 4 friendly shield users being around. Since we are talking about war these bonuses are pretty easy to get. So legions will have the best defense vs range and towers not knights.

In a 1v1 fight with no one else around knight vs legion with even gear. A knight w/ a Bp should beat legion in a scale, at least most of the time.

But in my opinion druid are the most important class to have on the battle field. They don't do much fighting but any fighter will tell you how much they love a good druid on their side.

×Krazy×[C•N]•{T.π.T}
The Traveler

Gold: 168652
Flags: 722

Post by ×Krazy×[C•N]•{T.π.T} on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:21 pm

{§kùll}Ruger™ wrote:
[§WÊÊT]Dr.Hannibal.Lecter wrote:knight: FOR THIES REASONS
sword is a good weapon

Umm i think you have your classes flipped around. Knights to get a +3 shield vs range bonus. And legion start at +2 shield but, they can get +2 shield from having 2 legion and another +2 shield from 4 friendly shield users being around. Since we are talking about war these bonuses are pretty easy to get. So legions will have the best defense vs range and towers not knights.

In a 1v1 fight with no one else around knight vs legion with even gear. A knight w/ a Bp should beat legion in a scale, at least most of the time.

But in my opinion druid are the most important class to have on the battle field. They don't do much fighting but any fighter will tell you how much they love a good druid on their side.

yes true but that's with shields so when it comes to close up your shield does nothing against melee weps like swords cause that hits body and that's were knights have the heavy armor bonus to back that up

yes in groups legion is defense strong but I think if a group of knights would win against a group of legion due to you bonus only applies to shields not body armor and knights have both shield and body armor bonus and our swords would attack your body so knights have advantage would they not

Next