Legendary Monster Tips Return to Strategy

ArchأLuxأ
The Brick Wall

World: Legends
Gold: 1978
Flags: 3656

Legendary Monster Tips

Post by ArchأLuxأ on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:27 am

So I've looked all over the forums and been surprised not to find the go-to thread about Legendary Monsters and how to beat them. Guess I'll take a shot at it! I haven't got a ton of experience with them, but as I fight Legendarys, I'll post what I learn. Hope readers will add in their own tips and tricks as we go! ;)

ArchأLuxأ
The Brick Wall

Re: Legendary Monster Tips

Post by ArchأLuxأ on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:45 am

Lilia, The Alluring Voice
This one isn't as scary as she can look. I've beaten her with a group of four, no potions needed. She can pack a punch, but doesn't seem to do so often if you keep her dancing round the circle. So range is good! Couple of key tips to remember...
1. Build a buoy as close to where she is originally as possible. This helps keep her in circle and in view. Also allows you more opportunity to spot.....
2. Sacrificial Spirits. Keep an eye out for these at all times. They're slow moving, blue ghosts. If she gets to these guys, she get a big chunk of hp back. I've seen her heal 100+ at a time from this. Spirits are easy to kill if you spot them fast enough. Otherwise, you'll be fighting her all day, she calls them in often.
On a difficulty scale of 1 to 10 (10 is most difficult), I'd give her a 4, provided you know what you're getting in to.
Any other tips? More to come as I learn :)

ArchأLuxأ
The Brick Wall

Post by ArchأLuxأ on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Beridan, The Smoke and Fire
This one is a pretty straightforward, easy fight. I've beat him in a group of three w/o potions. Keep him dancing with ranged attacks. He catches fire to everything in sight, but this isn't a big hindrance. Id give him a 2 on the difficulty scale, easy money.

MrPiney
The Druid

Gold: 452152
Flags: 2334

Post by MrPiney on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:09 am

Yay, nice. Thanks! Keep the posts coming.

ArchأLuxأ
The Brick Wall

Post by ArchأLuxأ on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Artemis, Last of the Goldfall Dragons
This guy is one of the two easiest Legendarys. I may be mistaken, but I think the gold pools he leaves on the ground may heal him. So try to harvest them if you get the chance. His other signature move is to trap players in a pile of gold. This lasts 25 seconds. Not sure what happens after that, because its easy to untrap your friends. It can be done while aggressive so its no hassle at all really. He can be poisoned and honed. Doesn't hit too hard either. I'm always excited to see Artemis. More easy money!

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:06 am

I dont know if the Druid trick still works - but as near as possible to the spawn (but not too close) plant a sapling, now call trolls (u do need troll3) and attack them with bare hands whilst you stand on the tree (philostratos work, but Beridan will burn them as fast as he can). You never attack the legendary, so it never attacks you - but you stay red but in the "there must be one alive and red" range.
Obviously getting this trick to work is difficult or impossible with Lilia, Jhormungand and The Well, but I have used this while friends fought Eternus, Hallowed Kingdoms, WorldWurm, Beridan and Artemis.

ArchأLuxأ
The Brick Wall

Post by ArchأLuxأ on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:07 am

Good tip KT, thank you! That would make certain situations much easier. Specifically when you can only use a small group of people because the Legendary is on your kingdom, in my case. I need to get chummy with some Druids ;)

TheIronTyler
The PerBlue Producer

Gold: 868248
Flags: 30

Post by TheIronTyler on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:20 am

K'TILQR wrote:I dont know if the Druid trick still works

We removed it awhile back as it conflicts pretty heavily with death being a negative factor and ultimately hurts the natural challenge of the fight.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:03 am

Damn, another example of think before you post tips in the forum.

Mojo_Risin
The Cannoneer

Gold: 12616539
Flags: 5376

Post by Mojo_Risin on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 pm

Tips:

1) Use a stable ring (-prone timer) against Beridan and the World Wurm. It helps a lot with the trap timers. You can use it for Artemis too but he only traps one person at a time so a friend usually frees you quick.

2) If you are melee, avoid fighting alongside ranged players. Even a single ranged player will force you to run around constantly clicking everywhere just to get a hit in. The main melee advantage, shield charge, is useless on legendary monsters except to travel across the screen quickly. Fighting with all melee makes these battles sooo much easier, so much that my group usually tells ranged players to switch to a melee weapon or get lost.

Next