Manors Return to Strategy

«£∮»რıяɑʛɛ
The Phoenix

World: Legends
Gold: 3104345
Flags: 11995

Re: Manors

Post by «£∮»რıяɑʛɛ on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Mojo_Risin wrote:And you get one of each back when you destroy it. Re-read my comment, please.

My apologies.

Mojo_Risin
The Cannoneer

Gold: 12616539
Flags: 5376

Post by Mojo_Risin on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:41 pm

«£∮»NightFury wrote:
Mojo_Risin wrote:And you get one of each back when you destroy it. Re-read my comment, please.

My apologies.

No worries, you weren't being a jerk. :D

Spiny.Lobster
The Ranger

Gold: 118469
Flags: 337

Post by Spiny.Lobster on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:47 am

Mojo_Risin wrote: I've been using the warcamp trick forever but to get through lines of hard flags, not to burn.

... do you mean you're using war camp to land FBGs and explode them on hard flags, or is there another way? Don't war camps have to be built on personal or kingdom property? Thx i a

Mojo_Risin
The Cannoneer

Gold: 12616539
Flags: 5376

Post by Mojo_Risin on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:23 am

I mean I use a war camp to cross over a line of flags. Some might object to printing this here but it's not exactly a secret, just a neat trick. Say you are building in one direction and come across a line of flags running across the direction you want to go. Normally you have several options (request passage and wait, burn, move laterally until you find a hut or mine to jump across) but having a war camp (or log cabin or vacation house) available gives you another option.

First build a flag as close as possible to the point where the two other flag circles meet (you're looking for the shortest distance to cross). When you build you'll notice that your flag encroaches a bit into their territory enabling you to build a structure farther than you could previously. Now build your war camp as far as possible in the direction you want to go. Then jump to your war camp. In most cases you will find that you now have access to a tiny bit of clear map on the opposite side of their flags. Build another flag there and you are across.

Note that you actually have to build a flag even if explorer because relocating will not give you the extra purchase to build a structure on their territory. Hope this helps. :)

«£∮»რıяɑʛɛ
The Phoenix

Gold: 3104345
Flags: 11995

Post by «£∮»რıяɑʛɛ on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Mojo_Risin wrote:Some might object to printing this here but it's not exactly a secret, just a neat trick.

I think you're ok, because what are they really gonna do? Not allow you to build your warcamp/log cabin/vacation house on your own property? Lol. I can't think of a way they could say, we don't like this and nerf it, aside from changing the color's radius or how much it encroaches into another person's property. That sounds a little extreme (and affects a lot of other stuff) to me to combat a simple thing like getting past a single line of flags. If someone really doesn't want you in that area, they should build more than 1 line.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:35 pm

This is a trick that goes back to the start of AoT - walking war camp. Another tick is enter a dungeon u can see on their flag, then exit. You have made that extra few meters which might just get you far enough to see a troll hut, open mine or a flag on the other side u can jump to - or else enough space for a flag.

Spiny.Lobster
The Ranger

Gold: 118469
Flags: 337

Post by Spiny.Lobster on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:03 am

thx... learned something new and it spares one from making unnecessary enimies

Julεs

Gold: 25627949
Flags: 1456

Post by Julεs on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Using a log cabin to "walk" is in no way a glitch. I've done the same myself and even used a log cabin as a marker instead of worrying about a shrine/tower that can easily be taken out with some fbg and siege ;)

**fиℓ**Mia♡Me

Gold: 102723431
Flags: 19096

Post by **fиℓ**Mia♡Me on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Julεs wrote:Using a log cabin to "walk" is in no way a glitch. I've done the same myself and even used a log cabin as a marker instead of worrying about a shrine/tower that can easily be taken out with some fbg and siege ;)

hmm, a log cabin is destroyed with one fbg.

×Krazy×[C•N]•{T.π.T}
The Traveler

Gold: 168652
Flags: 722

Post by ×Krazy×[C•N]•{T.π.T} on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:11 pm

[§WÊÊT]♥RëdRýdïnHôôd♥ wrote:I'm talkin about building over and over for 2 wood ...not to win hat just to burn select individuals. I think they should have to use mats n build a flag to burn ppl if they wanna be a true burner. I still say its a glitch and that was and is not the intended purpose of a manor ...or is it?

hun its not a glitch how elts would people move there manors if it hade to stay I think its fine mer personaly not any dif than flags or as explorer

PreviousNext