New siege deployment rules Return to Strategy

MrPiney
The Druid

World: Legends
Gold: 452152
Flags: 2334

New siege deployment rules

Post by MrPiney on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 am

So, what's the word out in the battlefields, which is the optimal set up for siege these days? Especially if combined with berserker monoliths.

Guide pages for monoliths are misleading:
Berserker's Monolith: Adds +3 damage to siege weapons and players within range.

And when you open Siege Golems page it says:
Siege Golems will have their level raised by 3 when under influence of a Berserker Monolith.

So if my logic servers me right its 36 damage for lv6 siege and 18 points additional damage under BM, total of 54 points of damage per shot.

What I am specifically looking at, is it worth having lower level siege and try to fit them under one BM?

If I could fit two +3 sieges under a single BM, they would have total damage of 72 per shot using same amount of siege golems. That's 1080 points damage increase in hour.

Here's another scenario. Have only +1 sieges, if my pen/paper sketch is right, I could have like 12 +1 siege deployed under one BM, if my maths serves me right, would it mean 288 points of damage per minute?!

But with my very limited experience on siege deployment, I would say its impossible to deploy 12 siege under a single monolith, so maybe I haven't understood something right. :? I think I got the deployment ranges wrong.

Here are the facts found in guide:

Monolith range is 300m.

Siege deployment ranges are:
+1: 120m min Placement Distance
+2: 186m min Placement Distance
+3: 252m min Placement Distance
+4: 318m min Placement Distance
+5: 384m min Placement Distance
+6: 450m min Placement Distance

Here are the questions not answered in guide:

Is the siege deployment range calculated from closest deployed siege itself or is it calculated from closest deployed sieges deployment range edge? So is the effective distance between two +1 sieges 120m or 240m? And same for +6 siege, is it 450m or 900m?

Is siege deployment allowance calculated by the highest deployed siege in area? Can I deploy +1 siege 120m away from +6 siege? Or does it have to be 450m or 570m perhaps?

Edit: I did a new pen/paper sketch with assumption that Placement Distance ranges for siege can't overlap.

It is obvious that you could fit two +3 siege under one BM.

Also it looks like three +2 sieges would fit, and with careful placement six +1 golems would fit under a single BM.

So if you are going to use BM:
6 x +1 siege = 144 damage / minute
3 x +2 siege = 90 damage / minute
2 x +3 siege = 72 damage / minute
1 x +6 siege = 54 damage / minute

Am I getting anywhere with this?

belivingtheword
The Fury

Gold: 8617479
Flags: 399

Re: New siege deployment rules

Post by belivingtheword on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:15 am

Does the six +1 golems placement consider golem range? Will all six hit the target tower without being shot?

limitnsqueakerz™

Gold: 194667
Flags: 14276

Post by limitnsqueakerz™ on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 am

You also need to take into consideration that the guide is edited by players of pk. So if the guide needs edited or more information try getting a hold of those editors to try and add more information.

Also. The larger the + on the siege the less space u have to place another one.

With the kingdom perk that adds 40% more damage from sieges and a mono that adds +3 damage. You can place 3 +6 sieges in one circle and take out a city center in less than 24 hours. No burn time.

ԁookgucowby

World: Horizons

Post by ԁookgucowby on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:59 pm

i'm able to fit two +6 sieges so I think it's whatever the range is listed in the guide

Texaspete
The Gold Hoarder

Gold: 180220155
Flags: 12673

Post by Texaspete on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:22 pm

I tweaked the guide to account for the Train Golems perks. It now lists "Relentless Seige" skill which replaced the "Tight Formation Skill".

MrPiney
The Druid

Post by MrPiney on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:24 pm

belivingtheword wrote:Does the six +1 golems placement consider golem range? Will all six hit the target tower without being shot?

That's a good point, it's impossible to place six +1 golems under single BM so that they would all hit a tower. So you could use this tactic only on city centers or castles.

MrPiney
The Druid

Post by MrPiney on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:44 pm

TexasPete, there's still a page with old information here:
http://guide.parallelkingdom.com/index.php/Kingdom_Perks

MrPiney
The Druid

Post by MrPiney on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:49 pm

ԁookgucowby wrote:i'm able to fit two +6 sieges so I think it's whatever the range is listed in the guide

Care to clarify this, please? You are able to place two +6 siege under single Berserker Monolith?

EDIT: Never mind, I took up the phone myself and just tested it. It's just the range measured from another deployed siege itself. So +6 siege can be placed 450m away from each other.
Last edited by MrPiney on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indy™
探索者宗师

Gold: 142776877
Flags: 2363

Post by Indy™ on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:55 pm

MasterPinecone wrote:Guide pages for monoliths are misleading:
Berserker's Monolith: Adds +3 damage to siege weapons and players within range.

And when you open Siege Golems page it says:
Siege Golems will have their level raised by 3 when under influence of a Berserker Monolith.

I believe it is a typo in the latter entry of the guide. Berserker Monolith adds +3 damage to siege golems per level - it does not make a level 1 siege golem behave like a level 4 siege golem. (In fact, I don't think the concept of a level 4 siege golem even existed when that portion of the guide was written)

MasterPinecone wrote:So if you are going to use BM:
6 x +1 siege = 144 damage / minute
3 x +2 siege = 90 damage / minute
2 x +3 siege = 72 damage / minute
1 x +6 siege = 54 damage / minute

Am I getting anywhere with this?

I think if you use the interpretation "Berserker Monolith adds +3 damage per level (rather than adds 3 levels)", then it's 54 damage/minute under the 4 scenarios you present.

Also note from update hunt entry #238:
Berserker Monoliths add +3 per Level on a Siege Golem

MrPiney
The Druid

Post by MrPiney on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:03 am

With that update post info, almost all my calculations are wrong. :shock:

But now I got the deployment distances right.

I will now assume these things are correct:

Monolith range is 300m.

Siege deployment ranges are:
+1: 120m min Placement Distance
+2: 186m min Placement Distance
+3: 252m min Placement Distance
+4: 318m min Placement Distance
+5: 384m min Placement Distance
+6: 450m min Placement Distance

Berserker Monoliths add +3 per Level on a Siege Golem

So, you can place following amounts under one BM:

- maximum of two +6 siege, their total damage would be 108 points per minute (both can hit a same tower)

- maximum of three +5 siege, their total damage would be 135 points per minute (can't be deployed to hit a single tower, just two fit so that they could hit one tower, these two would deal 90 points of damage per minute).

- maximum of four +4 siege, their total damage would be 144 points per minute (can't be deployed to hit a single tower, just two fit so that they could hit one tower, these two would deal 72 points of damage per minute)

- maximum of five +3 siege, their total damage would be 135 points per minute (can't be deployed to hit a single tower, just three fit so that they could hit one tower, these three would deal 81 points of damage per minute)

- maximum of nine +2 siege, their total damage would be 162 points per minute (can't be deployed to hit a single tower, three fit easily to hit one tower, fourth might be possible, these three would deal 54 points of damage per minute)

- ridiculous amount of +1 siege, maybe about 12, placement error margins make it pretty much impossible to fit in more. With +1 siege you could deploy maybe 5 on single tower, which would mean 45 points of damage per minute.

For tower takedown purposes it's best to use just +6 siege and try to place BMs so that one BM covers two siege.

But for city center or castle at finishing phase it would be fastest to use +2 siege and try to fit nine under a single BM. Even if you could do just eight under one BM you would still do 144 damage per minute. With seven total damage would still be 126 per minute, which is more than with two +6 siege.

You could place about 7 +6 siege (total 42 golems) within siege range of a castle or city tower, their total damage would be 252 points of damage per minute, without BM.

With 18 +2 siege (total 36 golems) and two BM, total damage on city center or castle would be 364 points in minute.

Am I correct assuming that biggest bang for the buck is achieved by carefully placing lower level golems under a berserker monolith?

Disclaimer: All these estimates about how many golems can fit under a single BM are done on pen/paper method, and of course pin point accurate placing is not possible in pk, so especially with +2 golems I may be wrong how many golems can be placed under one monolith.

Next