Phoenix Return to Strategy

scarlett-rayne
The Grove Guardian

World: Legends
Gold: 7326277
Flags: 806

Re: Phoenix

Post by scarlett-rayne on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:30 am

actually the short time i played web pk when phoenix were first out we had a dev tell us "better find your flag attacks before some one else gets your phoenix" some im assuming its possible or they were just teasing its 50/50 lol

gⓞⓞƒ™
The Phoenix

Gold: 708891
Flags: 2479

Post by gⓞⓞƒ™ on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:32 am

I've killed other people's monster attacks an I still jump to any flag that at half HP just to check

[CaL]-ყɳคг∂ τђε βลℜð

Gold: 12629958
Flags: 2285

Post by [CaL]-ყɳคг∂ τђε βลℜð on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:14 pm

K'TILQR wrote:a friend had a flag attack, gave me rough directions "just north of where the D123 stops being orange and turns yellow, a few miles north of "x" city on google maps" (neither of us had that city in our estates). I travelled to the city, found the D123, and using troll huts, open mines and the odd flag made my way up the road. all around me were some Private Yellow Flags. I was looking for a teal one. suddenly I spotted it! it was one of his, so I dropped a tower next to it and pmed him. when he came online later that day, I invited him to my tower. immediately the troodonts spawned!

now his flag was next to Private flags, there were only one players flags anywhere near, this player did not have passage on his flag - so I doubt it could be classed as in a "well travelled" area, unless the players manor just happened to be on the flag next to his. that we will never know.
Thanks for the story! It confirms (you're reliable enough for me anyways ;) ) that monsters are spawned when the flag owner gets in vicinity.

It indeed is possible to get flag attacks in periphery - but it's not hard to evaluate that it is more likely to occur in well travelled areas. I've literally got all my flag attacks near some city, which is good since I got flags in places where getting might require long trails of flags. For some reason I usually get consecutively attacks in the same flag and that usually changes when I've built more flags in another location (city). So afaik, the attack location is not totally random.

[Hobos]dirkous

Gold: 29150820
Flags: 2657

Post by [Hobos]dirkous on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:59 am

I'm with you goof, I always have to check anyones flag that has only half hp. I've defended a couple peoples flag from monsters. I have wondered if they still get their prize???

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:25 am

I had one flag that kept getting attacked, it was where a major road left the city flags for Chigwell in the North.
about a third of my attacks happen on my island - if I'm not given a city that is always the first place I look. these flags are used by the players on my islands for hunting as I readily grant passage, I have a LOT of flags and buoys, it saves them building flags and I get attacks (so I am happy). these attacks can be anywhere and take a lot of jumping along trails.
one flag was private and had been very isolated but a kd had just been built up to it so I am assuming the nearby activity triggered the attack
twice I have had attacks at Dark Monolith events
and I have seen flag attacks occur near a war

Sir_Dennis
The Smoke and Fire

Gold: 143642
Flags: 2218

Post by Sir_Dennis on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Branded wrote:If you are on about finding one, I think that is because it is reputedly completed random (well based on server generated random numbers or similar), thus no strategy. There has been strategy listed before about generated more flag attacks though, which will increase your chances of a Phoenix (unless that was fixed or untrue).

I personally prefer to believe that two of the DevGods, IronTyler and Brick, are sat watching over us with two big 'Phoenix' and 'No Phoenix' buttons in front of them.
they must hate me then

Vαlιd™
The Champion of Winter

Gold: 135802
Flags: 2433

Post by Vαlιd™ on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:15 pm

They hate me too..
I've ran into more legendary monsters than flag attacks. Haven't even been lucky enough to find a Zag lol

Armageddon™
The Fortified

Gold: 745929
Flags: 37501

Post by Armageddon™ on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:12 am

K'TILQR wrote:a friend had a flag attack, gave me rough directions "just north of where the D123 stops being orange and turns yellow, a few miles north of "x" city on google maps" (neither of us had that city in our estates). I travelled to the city, found the D123, and using troll huts, open mines and the odd flag made my way up the road. all around me were some Private Yellow Flags. I was looking for a teal one. suddenly I spotted it! it was one of his, so I dropped a tower next to it and pmed him. when he came online later that day, I invited him to my tower. immediately the troodonts spawned!

now his flag was next to Private flags, there were only one players flags anywhere near, this player did not have passage on his flag - so I doubt it could be classed as in a "well travelled" area, unless the players manor just happened to be on the flag next to his. that we will never know.

The flag itself does not have too be well travelled too intiate a flag attack on it. The owner of the private flags adjacent may have intiated it by visiting his adjacent private flags often.

Previous