Questions about kd pages Return to Strategy

{ƒαtα£}Shärkßäît
The Rainmaker

World: Legends
Gold: 1748
Flags: 116

Questions about kd pages

Post by {ƒαtα£}Shärkßäît on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:04 am

Ok so I have a couple of questions on earning pages for kd. First, I have heard dungeons don't earn kd page, but I have also heard that they do if the dungeon is on an obelisk. Can anyone clarify this for me?

The second question relates to the Small Patrol kd perk. According to the guide:
Small Patrols - Monsters spawn half as frequently on Connected Kingdom Land, but earn the Kingdom three times as much Brick

Does the this only apply to bricks, or do kd pages increase as well? If it only applies to bricks it looks like it may do more harm than good to kd's that haven't reached level 6 yet as now the kd has fewer monsters to earn pages with.

Thanks for any constructive information.

·C†S·Ꮢenσ

Gold: 190554
Flags: 1307

Re: Questions about kd pages

Post by ·C†S·Ꮢenσ on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:33 am

It applies to kingdom pages as well.

[Hobos]Swimafreak
The Righteous Jury

Gold: 44471573
Flags: 10331

Post by [Hobos]Swimafreak on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Small Patrols perk is mainly used by big kds who are seeking bricks, ones that are too big to kill all the monsters before they respawn again. It still helps smaller kds i suppose, but i believe it was directed towards bigger ones.

{ƒαtα£}Shärkßäît
The Rainmaker

Gold: 1748
Flags: 116

Post by {ƒαtα£}Shärkßäît on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am

From my perspective it is more useful to small kds. Most large kds have multiple dungeons that supply a large portion of their bricks when run by their many members. However a small kd with only 3 or 4 members and only 1 or 2 dungeons could really use the boost in bricks for regular hunting on kd land. for example a friend of mine has found a coastal SC and has set up a small area (approximately 30 flags) on which he plans to build a kd for himself and his son. With only 1 member able to do the only dungeon they have they will be relying on brick hunting the rest of the kd land for bricks and a 50% increase in bricks is a big deal for a small kd like this.

[Hobos]ElMangosta
The Drunk

Gold: 1037483
Flags: 3903

Post by [Hobos]ElMangosta on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:12 am

I think Small Patrols could be equally useful for small or large kingdoms, it just depends on the kingdom and its members. For me personally, due to RL commitments (work, family, etc.) and my desire to travel/explore/trick-or-treat/whatever I don't regularly get on enough to clear my flags every 6 hours. If I'm only going to hunt my flags once or twice a day then I might as well earn more each time I do it.