[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

World: Legends
Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Re: Does anyone still care about zags?

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:50 am

SAShawn wrote:
K'TILQR wrote:Actually ice is good for billanger, zag, stone golems, yetis, yanglong and laculfa hunting. I also found it useful fighting lair dragons.

Kiting heavy monsters :)

I'd say for billangers and laculfas, it's kiting ridiculously fast monsters. For Yetis (and maybe stone golems?), it's standing still and getting more hits in before they return to you from their ranged attacks. But the rest is really just kiting heavy monsters :-) And ice makes kiting mags much more possible.

Lilbyrdie
The Mentor

Gold: 26983138
Flags: 11448

Post by Lilbyrdie on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:59 pm

[Hobos]Kawigi wrote:
SAShawn wrote:
K'TILQR wrote:Actually ice is good for billanger, zag, stone golems, yetis, yanglong and laculfa hunting. I also found it useful fighting lair dragons.

Kiting heavy monsters :)

I'd say for billangers and laculfas, it's kiting ridiculously fast monsters. For Yetis (and maybe stone golems?), it's standing still and getting more hits in before they return to you from their ranged attacks. But the rest is really just kiting heavy monsters :-) And ice makes kiting mags much more possible.

Billangers: Die fast with arrows. My weighed down warrior can outrun them since they stop to... uh ... poop iron bombs.

Zags: Too rare to worry about a metal on a weapon/armor. And... they aren't really difficult, anyway.

Stone Golems: Cool thing about stone golems is that you stay attacking, with auto switching to ranged when they push you away. They don't move around much, though, so I just double tap on them immediately, which causes them a delay in switch between ranged/melee, too. It's their ranged attack that hurts, anyway, so shield charge works great.

Yeti: They move slowly, and tapping on them and hitting them with ranged while they go off to gather some snow to snowball you works well, as does shield charge.

Yang long: Meh. A warrior can heal through the zapping damage (and where's our lightning metal, anyway?) and do more damage than ranged.

Laculfa: Perhaps it'd help some with them, as well as the kitties in Africa.

Where I'd think it'd help is kiting a room full of dragons with the broodmother in lairs. I find them harder to outrun due to their size and lack of running areas.

Even so, does it really outweigh poison or honed in a typical beast battle? I'd rather have them dead than be running away from them. ;)

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:21 pm

Not everyone has shield charge. Oiyoi and Druids lose dodge if we equip a shield. Ninja are fast, OM have slow motion, assassin are fairly nifty - I am a Druid! Us "non-oiyoi", no bonus, leather wearers need all the help we can get. Ice is one aid I use and appreciate.

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Lilbyrdie wrote:Even so, does it really outweigh poison or honed in a typical beast battle? I'd rather have them dead than be running away from them. ;)

You only use one metal on each weapon type?

Particularly in the dragon lair scenario, I regularly switch between ice, poison and honed depending on what's not currently effecting them.

«£∮»რıяɑʛɛ
The Phoenix

Gold: 3104345
Flags: 11995

Post by «£∮»რıяɑʛɛ on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:41 pm

Only 1 Ice Feather per Zag kill now. :shock:
Perhaps this might throw this whole discussion for a loop.

SAShawn

Gold: 2587530
Flags: 119

Post by SAShawn on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:45 pm

«£∮»NightFury wrote:Only 1 Ice Feather per Zag kill now. :shock:
Perhaps this might throw this whole discussion for a loop.

To be honest, I like it. Let us see that slight reduction now.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:55 am

Bet the demand for ice feathers will go up, and zag hunting will again be a common occupation. One feather drop will be great.

P.s. I noticed NYC sold out of all reasonably priced ice in 30 mins after the update hut post.

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:32 am

K'TILQR wrote:Bet the demand for ice feathers will go up, and zag hunting will again be a common occupation. One feather drop will be great.

P.s. I noticed NYC sold out of all reasonably priced ice in 30 mins after the update hut post.

Yeah, I think the speculative merchants are going maybe just a little crazy. I think it's reasonable to believe that eventually ice will get back up to about double what it's currently (or "it was recently") worth, but I suspect there's still a lot of supply out there.

Mojo_Risin
The Cannoneer

Gold: 12616539
Flags: 5376

Post by Mojo_Risin on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:55 am

[Hobos]Kawigi wrote:
K'TILQR wrote:Bet the demand for ice feathers will go up, and zag hunting will again be a common occupation. One feather drop will be great.

Yeah, I think the speculative merchants are going maybe just a little crazy. I think it's reasonable to believe that eventually ice will get back up to about double what it's currently (or "it was recently") worth, but I suspect there's still a lot of supply out there.

Exactly my thoughts Kawigi. Since feathers are now twice as rare, I'd guess the price will eventually level out at about double what it is now minus a few factors like the existing supply and the fact that people might actually start searching for new spawns again.

PreviousNext