Texaspete
The Gold Hoarder

World: Legends
Gold: 180220155
Flags: 12673

Re: Parallel Kingdom's Farewell

Post by Texaspete on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:01 am

Tyler, Andrew, and gang,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful game. It has been a long road and I'm sure this is as tough for y'all as it is for all of us. Thank you for allowing me to participate in the old moderator program as well as wiki guide editor access. I really enjoyed the extra aspects of the game.

Parallel kingdom was truly an unparalleled game in the mobile gaming arena. To have such an open game with so many possible ways to play has been truly unique. I think that is why do many of us became addicted to it in a way we have never been addicted to a game before. Each time we get bored we could change direction or class and it was like playing a different game.

To the community, I am grateful to have gotten to share this game with you, friend and enemy alike. Each of you shaped the direction of the game whether or not you noticed. From the rise and fall of kingdoms and cities, to just the day to day banter in chat rooms, each of you made this game what it has become.

Thank you again,

Texaspete

*Haz~Mat*

Gold: 392612
Flags: 719

Post by *Haz~Mat* on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:07 am

It's really unbelievable but we all knew it was coming spent so much time on this game building and creating met a lot of good friends currently looking for a game and we all can join we continue our friendship I hope the next Parallel Kingdom is not made by perblue

ynard
The Artisan

World: Horizons
Gold: 179167
Flags: 52

Post by ynard on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:23 pm

It was a long run, especially after peaking some years ago. Stubborn little community!

Too bad that PerBlue too had to face the harsh reality on mobile gaming biz, and forfeited their leading position as synchronous, augmented gaming experience. The CEO (Matt iirc) said himself years ago that the money is in the asynchronous play experience. So they made a Clash of Clans clone. The rest is history...

c'yall in another time, another realm!

[S]αι膙
The Hero of Chaos

Gold: 7795113
Flags: 1690

Post by [S]αι膙 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:32 pm

This bothers me far more than at one time I would have thought. Far, far more. To me, Parallel Kingdom has always been more than "just a game". Sure, cities and castles were purely pixels, but the people that built, defended and destroyed them were more than just a virtual construct.

Parallel Kingdom is community. Some of the greatest people I've never met operated their avatars against the vast landscape that has no parallel in mobile gaming. I've been privy to the announcement of new births and mourned when a player's dot goes forever gray due to death. People from Parallel Kingdom have met in person, some even falling in love. The latter makes this game especially sentimental to me because I met the love of my life on our virtual city center in early July 2013 and met in person on July 17th.

To all those I have hunted with, warred with or against, I thank you for having been a part of my own human experience. Shutting the lights off is bitter sweet to me. I feel a bit of frustration, elements of resent, but I also am tremendously grateful that I had a bit over of five years of genuine entertainment.

Thus ends my eulogy. God willing, a Parallel Kingdom 2 will one day arise from the ashes faster than the Phoenix I have yet to catch on one of my flags. When the server dies, I plan on being where I first met Ashley, standing together for a virtual death. Peace.

Heatingcrab

Gold: 2329137
Flags: 6249

Post by Heatingcrab on Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:37 pm

Only people 2k days and up no the cool times of this game later 9pk peeps . Fun game per blue step it up and do something else

littlehotrod
The Drunk

Gold: 217201
Flags: 1896

Post by littlehotrod on Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:42 pm

Wtf? I've spent money and a lot of my time building up in this game, just for ya'll to just shut it down. Very pissed off customer

❧Sσℓsτΐςε

Gold: 7268522
Flags: 9632

Post by ❧Sσℓsτΐςε on Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:25 pm

Never thought a game would become such a part of my life for the past 6yrs, but it did. From the first kd I joined- South Marsh Island, to building my own & finally ending PK w Draco- it has all been a ride. To people I have become friends with, I will miss our daily interactions, frenemies and enemies - I will miss you all. I hope I will see you before the lights go out :D shoot me a pm and stay in touch after. Au Revoir Amis! amities, Sapphire/Solstice :D

Kruziikrel
The Winter Warrior

Gold: 1798243
Flags: 1501

Post by Kruziikrel on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:30 pm

I started this journey over five years ago, when I downloaded this game to feed my virtual dolphins, not knowing that I would be playing this game all throughout high school. I would hack into the school wifi during class just to log on, and I may or may not have almost failed a class due to playing this damn game. This beautiful, beautiful game. Two days after I started, my brother did, and then I caught my mom secretly grinding xp one night. This game turned into family night, playing it until the sun came up at times. I remember getting psyched up when I entered my first cavern, and thrilled when the Prisons were added. I've made wonderful friends here, the first being DakenAkhiro, my adopted mentor, and my faithful city members, Firepaw, Cesarowns, Imperious, and many, many others. I was there when Happy Valley Liberation Front fell, and I was in the kingdom for a short time before it fell. I remember my first kingdom, Gilded Evil, up on top of a mountain. I remember my other six kingdoms, and fighting tooth and nail for their survival. I remember crying when we lost and the castle fell. I joined an abandoned city, Skokie, and rebuilt it from the ground up. I flew magnificent airships, I've delved into the darkest dungeons, freed Valkyries, fought tyrants, and even singlehandedly took down a scammer's kingdom. All of these friends that I have made, and the unforgettable memories made with them, could not have been done without this game. Thank you, PerBlue, you beautiful, beautiful ba**ards. One of our friends was overseas, and we would stay up at night worrying about him, as he was in SpecOps, and he couldn't tell us anything more. I remember the joy when I finally got my own kingdom. I have been on this game for almost five and a half years, and seeing it go leaves a hole in my soul that can never be mended. This game holds a special place in my heart, and I actually started crying while reading other peoples' posts. I wish that this game could go forever. If you didn't waste it all on failed games, maybe it would have. If you're just abandoning it, maybe allow private servers to be opened. While I wait, I'll just have to keep in touch with the friends I've made here. Thank you for the last five years. Truly. This game has been like living in Sword Art Online. I take my leave, sitting on my throne with my faithful companions while I await my fate, ready to fight alongside my pets and my friends until I take my final, virtual breath at the inevitable end of this world. Thank you for this journey. It is one that I will never forget. I'll see you all on the other side.
Last edited by Kruziikrel on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext