Noobs in trouble Return to Mentors and Mentees

Em007
The Big Game Hunter

World: Legends
Gold: 951253
Flags: 4726

Noobs in trouble

Post by Em007 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:45 am

Just something I notice I tried out other PK ( computer one) and I found it very difficult to progress now as a noob, for one help chat isn't great we all know that, new skill list stops them from making halvers resin so cant fix your wep yourself until level 8 ish also cant craft backpacks. Say you make a mistake which as noobs do then u can't change one skill with out resetting all. There are other problems to I really think it needs re thinking otherwise we won't get any noobs staying.... Which most quit anyway I do think the % will be higher again now things have changed

Em007
The Big Game Hunter

Re: Noobs in trouble

Post by Em007 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:47 am

Level 4 I exaggerated :|

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:41 am

em007 wrote:Just something I notice I tried out other PK ( computer one) and I found it very difficult to progress now as a noob, for one help chat isn't great we all know that, new skill list stops them from making halvers resin so cant fix your wep yourself until level 8 ish also cant craft backpacks. Say you make a mistake which as noobs do then u can't change one skill with out resetting all. There are other problems to I really think it needs re thinking otherwise we won't get any noobs staying.... Which most quit anyway I do think the % will be higher again now things have changed

The part about not being able to make halvar's resin does seem unfortunate. Perhaps the thought is if you figure out how to get a worthwhile weapon before level 4, you've probably also figured out how to buy resin, but for me as a noob with no real friends, it was easy to get stuck in a rut where social interaction was unlikely.

Crafting backpacks? Who does that? That didn't exist at all when I was a noob and might as well still not exist. As far as I can tell, killing troodonts/dragons/trolls for backpacks and saving your leather for more important things is a better noob strategy anyways.

Noobs shouldn't reset their skills, they have a new skill point just around the corner. That only costs a little effort and 80 food.

Em007
The Big Game Hunter

Post by Em007 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:13 am

Apparently u can't send them anymore apparently so u only have the choice of levelling them up x trust me its made being a noob harder. I think it has to be made easier I know they give food to help you level up etc now. But without interaction from anyone you would be totally stuck and unfortunately because most noobs quit many old skool pkers (me for one) don't have much time for noobs as lost a lot of mats and time trying to get a noob going. Or we naturally think they are a restart x

**fиℓ**Mia♡Me

Gold: 102723431
Flags: 19096

Post by **fиℓ**Mia♡Me on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:28 am

I was talking to someone the other day and said pretty much the same: i believe being a noob must be super hard now.

I agree on backpacks: noobs shouldnt craft them. I have 4000 +1 and 2000 +2 packs and i never ever crafted a single one. You find them all over killing the mentioned monsters. so its a waste of mats FOR SURE.

The changing one skill, well, after noobs get some experience I guess they will totally change there skills at least one time anyway. I dont like it eiteh that i cant change one single skill anymore, besides i dont wanna spend my reset scroll, but cant drop it either (side note), but if i keep thinking - its not that bad that noobs cant change them that easily, so they save their food changing it for changing it again after they got more experience, you know what i mean? A real noob doesnt know yet that skill xy is "better" then the one chosen...

still id enjoy reading more of your "noob on web" experience on the new things.
Thanks for sharing.