mentor wrlcome measage ideas Return to Mentors and Mentees

{ÎdlÊ}glÎñ
The Brick Wall

World: Legends
Gold: 9837947
Flags: 18154

Re: mentor wrlcome measage ideas

Post by {ÎdlÊ}glÎñ on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:35 am

wow these are all great mentor messages i have been playing for almost two years and have recently started taking mentees i have a couple that message me back but most go inactive and its not until a couple messages that i offer anything more than advice my standard message seems inadaquate compared to some on here i was always worried that to much would just scare them off. i will be adding more info to my messages from now on. thxs for the suggestions they were very helpful

{DPFI}-EsquireT3
The Gravefist

Gold: 4787124
Flags: 4457

Post by {DPFI}-EsquireT3 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:44 pm

I agree with 【℃Ð】δä∫ιℜä That is pretty much my strategy when speaking with mentees.

{ØFL}Professor_Moriarty
The Trained Crafter

Gold: 1149003
Flags: 2235

Post by {ØFL}Professor_Moriarty on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:21 pm

I just started getting mentees again, so I recently decided to revamp my message. I think the most successful way to get players to stay is to build the relationship with them. That means more than just telling them to go somewhere to find answers.

I usually offer to show my mentee around so that they can get answers immediately for the first little bit. That includes an offer to join my city (which I understand might not be feasible for some) to give then a sense of being part of something initially. This is the message I started using...

Welcome to PK! I hope you enjoy your time here. As your mentor, it is my job to help you learn the ropes in this wonderful game.

If you have any questions about how anything works, you have 3 main resources: the player guide (found by clicking the ? In the upper right hand corner of the menu, our by clicking the info option on just about anything you can select), help chat (automatically turned on for new players), and other players you meet (of which I'm the first). Feel free to use any combination of these.

If there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

As a bonus, all of my mentees are invited to join me in my city if they wish. Just let me know and I'll help get you set up :-)

Franck
Le Juge Céleste

Gold: 1596001
Flags: 1231

Post by Franck on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi , my message is more simple:
Hi , I'm Franck the Game told me i was your
Mentor , how are you ?
Do you need any help or have you some question
about the game ?

usualy i improvise & start a dialog with my mentee

one time a user tought i was a bot LOL ,
my message used his name

your message must be clear and can use some
Emoji if you can .

[Ξ✪Ξ]·ㄅςЯ∑w↑·

Gold: 29629
Flags: 4082

Post by [Ξ✪Ξ]·ㄅςЯ∑w↑· on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:02 am

Although i have not had many responses from my own mentee's, I do occasionally find a random newbie at a trade post or even help chat, and if their attitude is good in either situation I would usually send a message like this

"hello and welcome to parallel kingdom!
I'm curious to ask if you are enjoying the game so far? I would also like to say if ever you have any questions, please! Feel free to ask, as I am more then happy to help in Almost anyway possible."
usually followed by a freind request.

I get 90% of people reply positively to a short 'hello my name is screwup' message like this rather then to dump a whole lot of info on someone all at once and having them understand less then 30% of it. When they need/want to know, they usually ask.

{ØFL}Professor_Moriarty
The Trained Crafter

Gold: 1149003
Flags: 2235

Post by {ØFL}Professor_Moriarty on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:44 pm

See, my experience is the opposite. The few mentees I have had respond usually say that I didn't give them enough information. especially since they always seem to pick a moment I'm not on to respond, so I usually can't answer the questions when they want me to.

It's helpful for me to give them ways to answer questions on their own, or find people who can help, and then I follow up a couple days later and see if there is anything i can do to help them out.

Spunkster
The Territorial

Gold: 2021814
Flags: 56

Post by Spunkster on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:34 am

I try to keep it short and wait for a reply. I simply say I'm a player assigned to help them learn and to write me back if they see the message and like the game enough to play. No mentee has ever replied no matter what I say because they are either using a device for free referral food or just quit. I can tell because they log in once and never again so if they're not so new they don't see the message and have quit on a first glance then they're making food for referring themselves. I did that with all my families phones.

λρσςαζурsε
The Smoke and Fire

Gold: 36229317
Flags: 995

Post by λρσςαζурsε on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 am

Lol. I havent had a mentee in months. I gave up on the whole process.

Benman2244
The Ready

Gold: 356
Flags: 860

Post by Benman2244 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:37 pm

I'm a pretty crummy mentor, I just say Hi, because I can tell if there gonna play or not.

Previous