What Annoys New Players About PK? Return to Mentors and Mentees

MissMoon
The Green

World: Legends
Gold: 15734338
Flags: 1919

Re: What Annoys New Players About PK?

Post by MissMoon on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:45 pm

I almost think that metallurgy skills ought to be level-locked. They aren't much use to low-level players and only lead to unhappiness when the ingredients can't be found and when players discover that they need a workshop and gold to do the infusing.

lesismore
The Apprentice Ranger

Gold: 678889
Flags: 248

Post by lesismore on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:50 pm

If a new player uses your referral code you should have the option to be their mentor.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:16 am

lesismore wrote:If a new player uses your referral code you should have the option to be their mentor.

Disagree strongly - this is wide open to abuse.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:18 am

MissMoon wrote:I almost think that metallurgy skills ought to be level-locked. They aren't much use to low-level players and only lead to unhappiness when the ingredients can't be found and when players discover that they need a workshop and gold to do the infusing.

+1 - should unlock at the same level as the one that unlocks workshop and not before.

Ms.Liz
The Green

Gold: 1361949
Flags: 3223

Post by Ms.Liz on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:57 am

MissMoon wrote:I almost think that metallurgy skills ought to be level-locked. They aren't much use to low-level players and only lead to unhappiness when the ingredients can't be found and when players discover that they need a workshop and gold to do the infusing.

+1...It frustrated me as a noob.

EWQ

Gold: 22712
Flags: 13

Post by EWQ on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:17 am

I'm a new player. Technically I played, left, played, left and I'm back again. These are the frustrations I ran/run into:
1) I wanted the land right where I lived. and really did not know how to take it.
2) I grew to my max level on the food I was given at the start and wanted more, but found it was hard to come by.
3) I want to make things, but I'm finding its the rare ingredients I'm having trouble finding, or even know if I can obtain. Can I even kill a Zagharu at my level with my experience? I'm in Colorado so finding high altitude is not difficult, I'm sure I'll run into one soon.
4) Fear of being squashed by a level 30 player who has everything at his command while I'm still a hunter/gatherer.
5) Inactive cities (The cities nearest to me are inactive if not mostly inactive)
6) Not knowing where to get things, or what they are. (What's that red egg looking icon on the dragon items? --Probably Dragon scales but I have no quick way to find out..)

Note: I had a great mentor, He even took my favorite weapon and gave me a choice of metals to imbue it with. I love my dead metal spear! My mentor took me around to the large trade hubs so that I had good places to trade. This turned out excellent because things really do sell for food if you price it right. I learned where and how I could get sulphur, thus I can create Banish metal now, but I'd like to create other metals. Meh, my plan right now is to build up, sell items for food...etc.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:02 am

EWQ -
1) safest is NOT to have your real life location. I got mine when i started, but these days I would even sell the flags there if asked to. Iis just where I get banished to and as there is a troll hut near, handy if I'm short of feathers.
2) I was lucky, I found a regular buyer for my wood - at the time it was 100 wood for 80 food. okay it meant a lot of chopping, but I never had to worry about levelling up. if you post 100 wood for 60 food (current price) every day, you wont have to worry. there are also the free offers available on Tapjoy now.
3) most things can be crafted cheaper by others, bombs sell for less than the iron bar needed to make them, halvar ditto. Crafters get crafting bonus items from the mats, this means they can sell cheaper than you can make often. I trade my meat and sap to hat runners for my resin - I have 13000 resin in my manor now
4) this is a genuine fear - but don't upset them and most ignore you, befriend them and most help you.
5) an inactive city? GREAT, it's all mine!
6) I take it you mean on the crafting menu? the red blob with 1/5 (or whatever) underneath. yes that one annoys me even now.

[Cal]-вλиzдï
The Dragon Slayer

Gold: 30
Flags: 15

Post by [Cal]-вλиzдï on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:03 am

As a higher level, more experienced noob, I can say that essentially. When I first started, I needed to if d a community. I stayed off of chat. I didn't understand weapon levels and I didn't know anyone. What really annoyed me was all of these wonderful swag users with capped infused weapons and armour. I wanted a slice of that. I would say decreasing the amount of swag sold as it really isn't a rare commodity anymore. At least not to me.

{ßCG}~Kñûçkłêš

Gold: 4500
Flags: 247

Post by {ßCG}~Kñûçkłêš on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:08 am

[Cal]-вλиzдï wrote:As a higher level, more experienced noob, I can say that essentially. When I first started, I needed to if d a community. I stayed off of chat. I didn't understand weapon levels and I didn't know anyone. What really annoyed me was all of these wonderful swag users with capped infused weapons and armour. I wanted a slice of that. I would say decreasing the amount of swag sold as it really isn't a rare commodity anymore. At least not to me.

While I know what you're saying, it won't ever happen. Devs use swag to make money and keep us happy. When swag is released people use real life money to buy it. That way we can keep these low bandwidth severs :roll:

{ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™

Gold: 173829
Flags: 408

Post by {ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™ on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:12 pm

Out of the 20 mentees I've had, 2 have actually stayed and played. Maybe there should be an option when making the account that says: "How long do you expect to play? 1-7 days. 2 weaks. 3-4 weeks. 1-6 months. Forever. Let me answer later." Then, at the end of the alotted time, they answer if they want to stay with the game. This would illiminate mentees who don't even play. I try to get a mentee that would want to play, but no one does. :/ It just crowds up my mentee list. That's why I turned it off.

PreviousNext