forum logo

What Annoys New Players About PK? Return to Mentors and Mentees

{ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™

World: Legends
Gold: 173829
Flags: 408

Re: What Annoys New Players About PK?

Post by {ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™ on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:15 pm

[Cal]-вλиzдï wrote:As a higher level, more experienced noob, I can say that essentially. When I first started, I needed to if d a community. I stayed off of chat. I didn't understand weapon levels and I didn't know anyone. What really annoyed me was all of these wonderful swag users with capped infused weapons and armour. I wanted a slice of that. I would say decreasing the amount of swag sold as it really isn't a rare commodity anymore. At least not to me.

Dude... I got my first swag 2 days ago. It was the worst ever.

{ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™

Post by {ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™ on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:23 pm

【℃Ð】Ðεjà฿òó wrote:Personally I agree that noobs need a starter package that gets them going quicker. Most noobs I've refferred, mentored, or just help generally complain of slow start. First thing I usually do is give them 150 wood and leather, a few stone, and upgrade their gear to at least lvl 10 or better depending on gold, along with a gold contribution and anything else I can afford that they may need.

On a side note, I'm 523 days into this game and just finally heard from my mentor for the first time 2 days ago lol. He never contacted me before and no one jumped in to help me in his place. I did it the hard way, myself. This isn't whining, but I want you guys to know why I try to do a lot with helping noobs. This is a great thread and thanks to all contributing to this and making a better start for players.

Gold is not easy for me to obtain. Yeah, I got lvl 21 and 22 gear, but it only gets me viceous. I need epics. And I can't reach 50k god with just viceous. I try very hard, but I find myself just getting lost. I had a great mentor. Kat2012 was like a hero to me. Mostly because on all the online games I play, no one helps me. But she didn't do much. Just gave me a protip or two. Useful protips. All the kds hate me because I'm weak. Citys are hard to find that accually have actives. And the ones that are, are just too crowded. And I find it SO hard to do anything. The restrictions, the desire to actually fight and not be killed, the need to actually get to 100k gold and not spend the whole week doing so is killing me! I can barly go into a proving ground without being killed in about 3 hits. It totally sucks. What keeps me going? Probably the want to prove to these power houses that this Ninja can do something.

limitnsqueakerz™

Gold: 194667
Flags: 14276

Post by limitnsqueakerz™ on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:32 pm

MissMoon wrote:Let's create a list of things that annoy new players that the developers can fix. I'll start with these items:

3. Finding an abandoned city when they use their city ticket to join a city.

I actually pefer an abandoned city to a full up one.

Vαlιd™
The Champion of Winter

Gold: 135802
Flags: 2433

Post by Vαlιd™ on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:59 pm

limitnsqueakerz wrote:
MissMoon wrote:Let's create a list of things that annoy new players that the developers can fix. I'll start with these items:

3. Finding an abandoned city when they use their city ticket to join a city.

I actually pefer an abandoned city to a full up one.

True story.

That whole "you have a new mentee" message that we get to find the noob never play again is sad. :( I've only had two mentees actually reply to me. One was a person as an alt. The other was a true noob that I've never heard from since his first reply of "Why am I blue?" :(

{ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™

Post by {ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™ on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:50 pm

ÐłŁŁł₲₳F wrote:Personally I agree that noobs need a starter package that gets them going quicker. Most noobs I've refferred, mentored, or just help generally complain of slow start. First thing I usually do is give them 150 wood and leather, a few stone, and upgrade their gear to at least lvl 10 or better depending on gold, along with a gold contribution and anything else I can afford that they may need.

On a side note, I'm 523 days into this game and just finally heard from my mentor for the first time 2 days ago lol. He never contacted me before and no one jumped in to help me in his place. I did it the hard way, myself. This isn't whining, but I want you guys to know why I try to do a lot with helping noobs. This is a great thread and thanks to all contributing to this and making a better start for players.

My mentor stopped talking to me after a week. I had the sane experience. In fact, mine was harder. I was bullied and beat up and pushed around because I had like lvl 5 gear and that was it for a long time.

A month and a half ago, I saw that my mentor had logged on for the first time in years. I said, "Hey mentor! :D" She said: "Sorry, I can't help you now". She thought that after 2 years, I had made absolutely no progress. This *sigh* pk mentors suck. I've also noticed that the ones with terrible mentors turn out to be great mentors, and everyone that had stuff handed to them don't care about their pupil. Luckily, I'm a great mentor. What do I have such a low Wax On, Wax Off badge score? 30 people come for me to mentor, only 3 stay.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:59 pm

I had a great mentor, and I hope that my genuine mentees think the same of me. One of my genuine ones has decided to quit pk after 2 years and his gift to me was his kingdom. That leaves just one still pking :(
I have just re-registered as a mentor. I must admit,I tend to do better as an ex-officio mentor picking up noobs and helping them get started than with my designated mentees.

BlackLord
The Mentor

Gold: 783163
Flags: 5741

Post by BlackLord on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:43 am

I try to imagine what it was like when i first started. this game is heavily overwhelming at first so i push mentees onto a singular path so they can get focus. i give them quests with rewards. That has helped me more than anything. Get to level 3 by hunting and i will upgrade your sword to level 10... get to level 10 and i will put a metal on it. So on and so forth. i give them jobs chopping trees around my cities, and explain why. i tell them to sell it, and pay them for their time, or supply with more chop gloves.

i dont mention any auxillary aspects of the game early on. i put them on rails and wait for their own curiosity to beg the question. this helps with the overwhelming nature of the incredibly high learning curve of this game.

i havnt been able to play as much lately so i have not been accepting any new mentees, :( i want to turn it on and let the noobs flow... but i can't put enough time in right now for it to be worth it for them.

What annoys me most, is that we dont have stronger tools as mentors. upon achieving my wax on hat... i would love for the ability to place mentees inside of official quests, or (mega pipedream) have some kind of tools to dungeon master them through situations and created quests when i supply the reward.

Honestly, i would like that ability for kingdoms to... some kind of tools to set up quests and fun events where a reward is supplied. i sort of do that now, but something more official that requires less of a suspension of disbelief would be awesome.

『√ιścōlτ』
The Phoenix

Gold: 2601432
Flags: 862

Post by 『√ιścōlτ』 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:10 pm

I would have to mention the absurd prices on food making leveling almost impossible for new players without spending hours on the game.

DNE-KingDreamer
The Ringbearer

Gold: 290854
Flags: 4804

Post by DNE-KingDreamer on Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:51 pm

Wow this interested point here

Previous