forum logo

Mentor/Mentee Surveys Return to Mentors and Mentees

ㄗℜσ♡вοοвyтяaρ

World: Legends
Gold: 15096406
Flags: 13489

Re: Mentor/Mentee Surveys

Post by ㄗℜσ♡вοοвyтяaρ on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:07 am

i think it should be good to give players the option to 'contact mentor' button in the menu. So if your own mentor is not online you can contact someone else.
What i also noticed is that i think helpchat is not effective as it should be. Maybe find some Official Mentors in the game that can get a different color chatname like mods/devs and let them answer questions in chat? Players that can do a lil 'test' to show they know different aspects of the game and are selected based on knowledge.
i see ppl trolling help chat a lot telling noobs to do the most stupid things or sell them a 'magic berry' for 200 food. which basically locks them and makes them quit coz they cant lvl up.

¤《Trauma》¤

Gold: 77301
Flags: 2056

Post by ¤《Trauma》¤ on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:19 am

Just a thought. Ive seen a few posts in here about Mentees ignoring Mentors for whatever reason, most likely the bot concern, and on occasion a "restart".

That said, perhaps the message stating a mentor will be contacting you, be updated to a more elaborate expalantion. Such as, stating that they are a real player in the game and to not hesitate to reply to them if messaged. or at least some indicator that the Mentor is a real person.

¤《Trauma》¤

Gold: 77301
Flags: 2056

Post by ¤《Trauma》¤ on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:25 am

{KØB§}~♥Tammy♥ wrote:What i also noticed is that i think helpchat is not effective as it should be. Maybe find some Official Mentors in the game that can get a different color chatname like mods/devs and let them answer questions in chat?

I also like this idea. perhaps even a Mentor chat of some kind. I agree that it is next to impossible to get anything answered. If you ask a question in HELP chat, people have to filter through twenty messages involving personal lives, people using help chat instead of map chat, as well as people using HELP as a trade chat, or recruiting chat.

Seems to me that there needs to be a more definitive area in the game aside from the unhelpful HELP chat, that a player can go to get answers. Especially considering the game guide is very vague in most cases, or lacks indepth descriptions in others.

Your thoughts?

Wezzy

Gold: 138

Post by Wezzy on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:57 pm

[D]boardwalk wrote:Maybe give the mentee some info about the mentor to make it more personal.

"Hi, {mentee}! In PK, new players are assigned mentors to help them get started. Your mentor's name is {mentor}. He/she has been playing for {X} days, has reached level {Y}, and {something else the mentee can relate to}. {mentor} should send you a message soon to introduce himself. You are the {Z}th new player {mentor} has helped learn about PK. Greet him kindly and be sure to ask him any questions you have about the game."

+1

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:33 am

I like that, boardwalk. it makes it clear the mentor is a person, not a bot.

Ow€n
The Vanguard of Steel

Gold: 1541571
Flags: 4451

Post by Ow€n on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:49 pm

andrew wrote:Mentee and Mentor pairings are already restricted on language. If locality was desired then we could also automatically filter based on that.

As far as even short descriptions of the mentor I still feel most people would ignore or not read it.

As far as referral codes automatically assigning a mentor, I see potential abuses of this system.

How about giving the Mentee food or gold for filling out survey.. also, how about sending a message/invite to Mentor saying they have a new Mentee and if they accept the Mentee is auto matically transported to the Mentor's location, then the Mentor can start helping them right away.. if the Mentor declines the mentee then the next Mentor on the list gets the option... and so on.

Oh and lower the badge requirement!!

✰Bexi✰
The Flightless

Gold: 1000633
Flags: 14807

Post by ✰Bexi✰ on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:37 pm

. also, how about sending a message/invite to Mentor saying they have a new Mentee and if they accept the Mentee is auto matically transported to the Mentor's location, then the Mentor can start helping them right away.. if the Mentor declines the mentee then the next Mentor on the list gets the option... and so on.

Oh and lower the badge requirement!![/quote]

This is not a good idea. Example: restart scammer automatically is invited to mentor who is at kingdom who's location is unknown. And also I think the badge requirement is set right.
I do however like the idea that mentees be told we aren't bots. Maybe explaining to them how they can invite their mentor?
Or a noobville city or island they have a city ticket for where mentors can meet up with their mentees?

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:09 pm

~{O'rion}~Bexi wrote:This is not a good idea. Example: restart scammer automatically is invited to mentor who is at kingdom who's location is unknown.

Then re-read his proposal but change "if they accept the Mentee" to "when they accept the Mentee". Surely every mentor has some reasonably safe but non-private location they can get to. But the invite could go the other way, too, except that likely gives a complete stranger personal information about your approximate real world location.

✰Bexi✰
The Flightless

Gold: 1000633
Flags: 14807

Post by ✰Bexi✰ on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:22 pm

True- but I know personally I like to respond immediately- that way I'm most likely to catch them before they log out- since they may never log back in. And I may be in a dungeon or something.

Gritmaster
The Fallen

Gold: 3169592
Flags: 2120

Post by Gritmaster on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:45 pm

I've heard mentors and mentees are assigned based on where they're located in game? If that's true it kind of makes it really hard for people who do a lot of exploring in remote places to get mentees since very few people living in remote places play the game. ( antarctica for example)
Personally I really dislike hanging out in crowded areas so I usually spend most of my time in remote foreign countries (less lag for me and more open space) However I enjoy the mentoring process but I am rarely ever assigned a Mentee.

I think some changes to how they're assigned would really be nice. Also maybe giving the mentee an option to have a new mentor assigned if A. the mentor never responds, or B. the mentor just sucks.

PreviousNext