Mentor/Mentee Surveys Return to Mentors and Mentees

λρσςαζурsε
The Smoke and Fire

World: Legends
Gold: 36229317
Flags: 995

Re: Mentor/Mentee Surveys

Post by λρσςαζурsε on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:09 am

I wouldn't be conserned with not getting mentees except for 1 small prob. As soon as I got my 9th positive review the mentees stopped coming. I need 1 more to get the badge and ill turn off the mentoring option but as far as helping the mentees I even gave some of em weps and they even quit before they were asked to rate me. I personally think the badge should be loweres to 5 and id not be conserned anymore.

✰Bexi✰
The Flightless

Gold: 1000633
Flags: 14807

Post by ✰Bexi✰ on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:31 pm

This is my message I send to mentees:

Welcome to PK! I am your mentor so feel free to message me anytime for advice! In the bottom lefthand corner it shows how many pages you've earned. When it fills up, it costs 80 food to level each time, so use your food wisely! If there are already flags where you live, you can walk your dog and he will take you to a free area close by.
I will send you a friend request. To accept it, press and hold it and it will give you the option to 'confirm friend'. 
Good luck and happy hunting!

They almost ALWAYS friend me. On the friend accept message- I immediately say Thank you! If you need anything let me know!
The quick response usually let's them know I'm a real player and since I started doing that I've had less actually ask me if I'm an 'automated message' lol

♠Sarah♠
The Mason

Gold: 353
Flags: 2811

Post by ♠Sarah♠ on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:13 am

If your mentee dose not reply then can they give bad review

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:15 am

How about after the tutorial a list of possible mentors is given to the beginner, and they can see the profile. Prospective mentors have a post a biography - country (useful for time zone), languages spoken, length playing, short statement I.e. "loves war & fighting", "peaceful healer", "explorer and city builder". The mentee then gets to choose which mentor he wants. If he doesn't want one, he has to check a box saying "no mentor required".

This will give noobs the idea of the sort of play styles open to them, and also makes it clear that the mentors are real people.

They should also be given the option to choose a mentor at any time. Tapping the help button could bring up a range "Read the guide", "contact mentor", "Help chat", "Email Tech Support". Once they have reach 5 days the mentor button would disappear.

[DG]Jeff
The Gold Hoarder

Gold: 858602369
Flags: 9654

Post by [DG]Jeff on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:50 pm

I think giving new players the option to pick who their mentor would be may be a bad idea. restarts could pick and choose who their first scam is against. Or which kingdom is infiltrated... I say very bad idea

andrew
The PerBlue Designer

Gold: 150965
Flags: 1

Post by andrew on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Jeffstewart wrote:I think giving new players the option to pick who their mentor would be may be a bad idea. restarts could pick and choose who their first scam is against. Or which kingdom is infiltrated... I say very bad idea

I agree with this.

K'TILQR wrote:How about after the tutorial a list of possible mentors is given to the beginner, and they can see the profile. Prospective mentors have a post a biography - country (useful for time zone), languages spoken, length playing, short statement I.e. "loves war & fighting", "peaceful healer", "explorer and city builder". The mentee then gets to choose which mentor he wants. If he doesn't want one, he has to check a box saying "no mentor required".

I see where you going here but think about a person who downloads some random mobile game (pk). Are they going to be interested in viewing the profile of several random people in the game looking for a mentor?

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:42 pm

andrew wrote:
K'TILQR wrote:How about after the tutorial a list of possible mentors is given to the beginner, and they can see the profile. Prospective mentors have a post a biography - country (useful for time zone), languages spoken, length playing, short statement I.e. "loves war & fighting", "peaceful healer", "explorer and city builder". The mentee then gets to choose which mentor he wants. If he doesn't want one, he has to check a box saying "no mentor required".

I see where you going here but think about a person who downloads some random mobile game (pk). Are they going to be interested in viewing the profile of several random people in the game looking for a mentor?

I don't think that's the real point - more like pick three different prospective mentors with just a basic survey-response bit of information rather than a full profile and let them tap one. I think the idea is just as much to make it clear that they have a mentor and that mentor is a person with a particular view of the game. I'd even go so far as to say that they shouldn't have easy access to the prospective mentor's actual profile, because I feel like a lot of people would default to picking the richest :-)

Sephiroth~Lux~
The Death Knight

Gold: 1731390
Flags: 9519

Post by Sephiroth~Lux~ on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:27 am

I rated my mentor good right away when i started i guess thats why he never bothered to answer or contact me in any way cause he got his food etc

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:24 am

I know when I started I assumed my mentor was a bot, like in most games. It surprised me that he was a real person, it was GREAT that he was actually "local" (if within 100 miles counts as local). That is why I think the "choose your mentor" would be great. I was not intending for access to the full profile to be given, but that prospective mentors prepare a "recruit me" ad.
I agree that the should be a limit to the number noobs are offered.

If this was introduced I envisaged something like this -

"Avi" - I started pk 10/12/10, I live in UK, but speak some french. I am a Druid, have substantial war experience & love exploring and dungeons". To choose this mentor, tap HERE

NOTE - this doesn't not give the mentors name, kingdom, amount of gold. Obviously a restart might recognise who the account belongs to.
"Avi" would be just the head - as shown next to a forum post.

{«τλ»}≈Ďåřķ╰_╯Phęºņįx™
The Prospector

Gold: 1382347
Flags: 12404

Post by {«τλ»}≈Ďåřķ╰_╯Phęºņįx™ on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:03 am

K'TILQR wrote:I know when I started I assumed my mentor was a bot, like in most games. It surprised me that he was a real person, it was GREAT that he was actually "local" (if within 100 miles counts as local). That is why I think the "choose your mentor" would be great. I was not intending for access to the full profile to be given, but that prospective mentors prepare a "recruit me" ad.
I agree that the should be a limit to the number noobs are offered.

If this was introduced I envisaged something like this -

"Avi" - I started pk 10/12/10, I live in UK, but speak some french. I am a Druid, have substantial war experience & love exploring and dungeons". To choose this mentor, tap HERE

NOTE - this doesn't not give the mentors name, kingdom, amount of gold. Obviously a restart might recognise who the account belongs to.
"Avi" would be just the head - as shown next to a forum post.

I really like this idea but, instead of any information about you're character being given, have the mentee fill out a short survey of like 5 questions such as location (timezone), style of play looking for, and the number one question....... are you only playing through the tutorial for something free on another game. I am sure that most of you mentors have gotten the annoying news that you're new mentee isn't playing past lvl 1. I think that those should be filtered out cause it takes up too much space on you're mentee list, takes up valuable space on the servers, and would make the mentor more susceptible to wanting to message the new recruit.

My mentee recruitment thing isn't working. I have gotten only 4 (non-player) mentees in the past 9 months while my number per day has been set to at the very least 3. Got told by tech that I just had bad luck and that the mentee system was completely random. I would personally love to get mentees cause I love helping people.

PreviousNext