wilhab
The PerBlue Quality Engineer

World: Legends
Gold: 436527
Flags: 366

Mentor/Mentee Surveys

Post by wilhab on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Hello all, Wilhab here.
I've made this forum to house all discussions regarding PK's mentoring program. We're looking for feedback, ideas, stories, as well as mentoring resources.

I'll start off with two surveys for you:

Survey for Mentors: http://bit.ly/TXFzjj

Survey for Mentees: http://bit.ly/NIZeEC

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated as always =]

Sηow
The Fallen

Gold: 72367247
Flags: 40345

Re: Mentor/Mentee Surveys

Post by Sηow on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Has anyone been able to find a reason why some of us do not get mentees? It has been 120 days since my last mentee while some in my kingdom get 2 a day. Tech has not been able to give me any help, and I used to really enjoy mentoring.

Dovak
The Grand Master Assassin

Gold: 178042
Flags: 1921

Post by Dovak on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Snowgod76 wrote:Has anyone been able to find a reason why some of us do not get mentees? It has been 120 days since my last mentee while some in my kingdom get 2 a day. Tech has not been able to give me any help, and I used to really enjoy mentoring.

Yea.. mine has stopped altogether as well. It couldn't be that there are just no new players what so ever is it?

Thugmuffin.

Gold: 7175431
Flags: 769

Post by Thugmuffin. on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:30 am

or it could be you guys getting bad reviews

「✔ㄅ」♥✓เ๑ℓє†♥
The Jeweler

Gold: 51620
Flags: 23

Post by 「✔ㄅ」♥✓เ๑ℓє†♥ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Thugmuffin� wrote:or it could be you guys getting bad reviews

I would hope that this is not the case for me. They should not be able to review their mentor if they never talk to them. I send a quick welcome message to my mentees and a follow up message a couple of days later, yet I hardly ever get a response. Not even an "Ok."

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:49 am

「✔ㄅ」♥✓เ๑ℓє†♥ wrote:

I would hope that this is not the case for me. They should not be able to review their mentor if they never talk to them. I send a quick welcome message to my mentees and a follow up message a couple of days later, yet I hardly ever get a response. Not even an "Ok."

It appears to be harder than one would think (and perhaps it's part of being an effective mentor) to convince your mentees that you're actually a person.

andrew
The PerBlue Designer

Gold: 150965
Flags: 1

Post by andrew on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Snowgod76 wrote:Has anyone been able to find a reason why some of us do not get mentees? It has been 120 days since my last mentee while some in my kingdom get 2 a day. Tech has not been able to give me any help, and I used to really enjoy mentoring.

Currently one someone is deemed a quality mentor they get first pick at mentees up to 2 a day. If you have comments on this maybe make another thread in this forum and we can discuss ideas or tweaks there.

DefPolak

Gold: 218943
Flags: 829

Post by DefPolak on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:07 pm

[Hobos]Kawigi wrote:
「✔ㄅ」♥✓เ๑ℓє†♥ wrote:

It appears to be harder than one would think (and perhaps it's part of being an effective mentor) to convince your mentees that you're actually a person.

I thought my mentor was a bot program . . . like an extension to the tutorial and ignored him :/

andrew
The PerBlue Designer

Gold: 150965
Flags: 1

Post by andrew on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:18 am

DefPolak wrote:I thought my mentor was a bot program . . . like an extension to the tutorial and ignored him :/

Would love to hear ideas of suggestions to improve this.

[D]boardwalk

Gold: 2460045
Flags: 3831

Post by [D]boardwalk on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:56 pm

Maybe give the mentee some info about the mentor to make it more personal.

"Hi, {mentee}! In PK, new players are assigned mentors to help them get started. Your mentor's name is {mentor}. He/she has been playing for {X} days, has reached level {Y}, and {something else the mentee can relate to}. {mentor} should send you a message soon to introduce himself. You are the {Z}th new player {mentor} has helped learn about PK. Greet him kindly and be sure to ask him any questions you have about the game."

Next