Back to PK
forum logo

The Privateer Relic Event is Plundering the Skies! Return to Horizons (Web)

Dogmeat*
The Phoenix

World: Legends
Gold: 12734488
Flags: 7834

Re: The Privateer Relic Event is Plundering the Skies!

Post by Dogmeat* on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:44 pm

there is the air frame ticket, which can be used to change the skin of your ship. so there is two looks per ship atm :ugeek:

Cole0
The Eco-Warrior

Gold: 78701
Flags: 6491

Post by Cole0 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:17 am

Dear perblue. My plat runs out in 100 days. Make it so i can equip masks to my trolls n u can have 30 more of my moneys. Thanks :-)

Kitty™
The Beta Knight

Gold: 67856212
Flags: 31924

Post by Kitty™ on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:29 am

it is so nice seeing the trees change this year.Thank you.I live in florida where its green all year lol and i cant travel north,so thats my way of seeing fall.and yay btw for Halloween wootwoot(just bought the big food pack for swaggies)hurryhurryhurry*wiggles

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:20 am

※DIS※Tempered※Dog wrote:there is the air frame ticket, which can be used to change the skin of your ship. so there is two looks per ship atm :ugeek:

That's what makes it more surprising that they haven't done that again :-)

[Hobos]ElMangosta
The Drunk

Gold: 1037483
Flags: 3903

Post by [Hobos]ElMangosta on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:32 am

Praise: The swag is all pretty good and even though I'm busier than I'd like IRL I really like the event and am having some fun with it. Luckily I'd been storing up vessels (and beacons) and have enough to get to 100 dreads without running any battleships, otherwise there's no way I'd have time to complete the event. But I like that. I like that the events are challenging and not everyone can complete them. It's a nice extra bonus to those able and willing to put the time/effort/money into doing something special, and it in no way hinders anyone not participating. Unless you're in hunt chat trying to do anything other than dreads...

Criticism: Does anyone else think it's strange that the 2nd stat for the reward ring is a weapon/armor? That's the usual bonus for events, and it makes sense with a lot of the bonuses from previous events, but it would make more sense to pair a sky bonus with this ring. In fact, I would rather roll the dice on getting a +attack to stags bonus than get a stat I'm guaranteed to never benefit from. Now I'm going to have to shard this and buy one with another sky stat. Oh well, at least the hat is cool.

MisterBeast
The Floater

Gold: 443682
Flags: 3135

Post by MisterBeast on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Δ΅¦ηγχ¦ΙгøηFιsτ΅Δ wrote:The Halloween updates are always my favorite. Last year I got 14 thousand roc feathers from trick or treating :)

Lol 14,000. I got 303,000.

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:52 pm

[Hobos]ElMangosta wrote:Criticism: Does anyone else think it's strange that the 2nd stat for the reward ring is a weapon/armor? That's the usual bonus for events, and it makes sense with a lot of the bonuses from previous events, but it would make more sense to pair a sky bonus with this ring. In fact, I would rather roll the dice on getting a +attack to stags bonus than get a stat I'm guaranteed to never benefit from. Now I'm going to have to shard this and buy one with another sky stat. Oh well, at least the hat is cool.

I think we all felt the same way about the Yang Long event :-) I plan on just making a scroll with those two rings and quick-slotting it so I can put them both on whenever I pick up an element :-p

Sherlock£Holmes
Le Prudent

Gold: 1656415
Flags: 2660

Post by Sherlock£Holmes on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:42 pm

Destroying airships for 9/11. >.>

{IM}Kεℓιηmιrιεℓ

Gold: 1846840
Flags: 9649

Post by {IM}Kεℓιηmιrιεℓ on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:12 am

Thank you so much for the new event! I love some of the new swag, and the event has been quite a challenge for me, but I never felt it wouldn't be possible if I kept at it. And I like the new ring bonus enough to do it.

A couple of minor things, though. I noticed when you "Inspect Stats", it says that it gives 1 gold instead of 1000. It works correctly, but I know of someone who sharded it without even trying it after seeing that, figuring that it wouldn't even be worth anything to sell. I've heard the grand ring says it gives 2 gold instead of 1500 - likewise, it works correctly, but the description is misleading.

The other thing would be harder to fix - The names on the new ring stat are "Swashbuckler" and "Privateer". In the tp, it's under "Other" -> "Privateer".

But there's already a ring name of "Privateer" in the "Attributes" category, it gives +3 attack when boarding. So there could be some confusion.

Thank you for a great update, and for letting us know that there will be another for Halloween. Looking forward to Trick or Treating! :D

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:31 pm

Kεℓιηmιrιεℓ wrote:But there's already a ring name of "Privateer" in the "Attributes" category, it gives +3 attack when boarding. So there could be some confusion.

This actually isn't the first time we've had an ambiguous ring attribute name, although the other one I know of is the first-attribute name rather than the second-attribute name. "Solid" can mean +Airship armor or -Aether chance. I used one of the -Aether chance rings with Toresti for awhile without even realizing it.

Previous