Back to PK
forum logo

the old abnd original parallel kingdom computer version Return to Horizons (Web)

ben70190
The Knight

World: Legends
Gold: 503389
Flags: 896

the old abnd original parallel kingdom computer version

Post by ben70190 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:01 pm

ok so the computer version of parallel kingdom (now called horizons) i never needed to download a thing,it was online for free but why do i have ti download the possible virus software,why do i have to risk my computer and my software just so i can play parallel kingdom pc (horizons) just because perblue decided to make it download play only. it makes no sense. because the parallel kingdom computer version was free online on the website and didnt require download,i just hit play free and selected computer and then logged in and was ready to start playing so why now should i have to download possible virus contained softare and encrypted files just to play. if anyone remembers never having to download any virus contained software and no encrypted files to play horizons post ehre. post here if u remember
parallel kingdom computer version (horizons) not needing downloads and just going to the website and just selecting computer then playings,so post if u remember or not because i remember being able to.

『♚ηøร♔』♜✵KαfGяυик✵♜
The Grove Guardian

World: Legends
Gold: 2353080
Flags: 604

Re: the old abnd original parallel kingdom computer version

Post by 『♚ηøร♔』♜✵KαfGяυик✵♜ on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:41 pm

The reason for this was because doing all the updates for Mobile AND PC was too much, Mobile coding and PC coding for this game wasnt the same, so to save money (which they were/are missing to keep this game updated) they had to make it this way. Now with the downloadable version, the coding stays the same so they dont need to do twice as much work for an update.

Hope this answers your question.

Rock_Hound
The Grand Master Knight

World: Horizons
Gold: 15511014
Flags: 1860

Post by Rock_Hound on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:48 pm

I've been playing Horizons since before the update to Bluestacks, I remember playing just through the website too. However like Kafgrunk said if PerBlue had kept the server on the website it would have taken much longer and much more work to do updates for the two servers. Additionally it would have required too much coding and so forth to keep it on a browser.

Horizons changed over to BlueStacks with the last age in Feb of 2013. I haven't had a single issue nor have I heard of anyone having issues with viruses because they downloaded BS to play Horizons server. Of course if you have a good antivirus program on your computer you wouldn't need to worry about downloading any programs. The game is still free to play as is BlueStacks to download, so you don't need to pay anything.

fuck_it_yolo
The Grease Monkey

World: Horizons
Gold: 178469
Flags: 2938

Post by fuck_it_yolo on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:01 am

If you are worried about viruses or what not from downloading the horizons file, just make sure you only get the file from the pk website.
Another thing to mention, you don't necessarily need bluestacks to run horizons; as time goes by, more android emulators are being developed. For instance, there's one called andyroid that is a mix of vm-ware and a custom android firmware. Now, I couldn't get it to work due to the age of my computer, but I've heard good things about it. But yes, you should always be aware of what you are downloading.