Back to PK
forum logo

Lightning Metal - no Effect?!? Return to Horizons (Web)

Sabrecat

World: Horizons
Gold: 604332
Flags: 1442

Lightning Metal - no Effect?!?

Post by Sabrecat on Sun May 12, 2013 3:23 am

I made a staff with lightning metal, but it has no effect at all!!
It is just showing the lightning symbol on the NPCs I hit, but it does no damage whatsoever.
I spent tons of gold and time in getting the sparks and feathers together just to have a worthless item?

Or, can someone enlighten me about the "subtile" effects of this metal?

Thanks for the info.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

World: Legends
Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Re: Lightning Metal - no Effect?!?

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Sun May 12, 2013 4:23 am

For lightning to work you need more than one NPC to be buffed, and for them to be next to each other. Two buffed monsters will do 4 damage to each other, a third will cause them do to 7 to each other and so on. To see the effect in action for yourself, take to the sky and attack a lightning elemental. Now as the little sparklings come out see the damage you suffer get steadily higher and higher and higher as more spawn. I have seen a major mob do 398 damage to my ship due to the buff.

Sabrecat

World: Horizons
Gold: 604332
Flags: 1442

Post by Sabrecat on Sun May 12, 2013 9:47 am

Thanks for your help. At least now I know how this works.

Great, now I have a weapon that is useless against bosses and other players, because they just do not come in pairs. That's why everyone still hunts down fire feathers (an item I have not encountered since I am playing this game).

Useless original description:
When using weapons or armor infused with Lightning Metal, you have a chance of applying a debuff on monsters. The more monsters in an area that gain this Lightning Debuff, the more damage the debuff does. The Lightning Debuff deals an average of 5 damage per enemy with the Lightning Debuff (within a 250m Radius) every 5 seconds. This Lightning Debuff lasts for 30 seconds.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Sun May 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Ah, but that is correct - I couldn't remember the figures. Lightning is a lot more powerful than fire - against a mob...
In a war where many players may be using it, the other may be getting buffed a lot. Then the affect can WOW!. Fire is weak in comparison. but against single monsters it's like using no metal. Personally I love the combo of fire weapon, lightning armour

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Mon May 13, 2013 9:38 am

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) wrote:Personally I love the combo of fire weapon, lightning armour

+1 to this combination. Against large groups, it works extremely well (especially high-level dungeons and mourning sprites, and the last room of construct ships, water taunting). Against single enemies or a very small group, have some poison armor to switch to as a backup.