hub oddity Return to Horizons (Web)

StonerSmurf420
The Icy Hero

World: Horizons
Gold: 184668
Flags: 696

hub oddity

Post by StonerSmurf420 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:45 am

So, over the past 2 weeks i have noticed something fairly odd about the scottsbluff hub. Its been either totaly empty or very close to it for the past 2 weeks atleast and is still listed as a hub. Tomah, Wisconsin on the other hand has had a few hundred things posted durring that time and is not listed as a hub. Either im missing something or hubs are glitched and not changeing over to largest tps like their supposed to.

StonerSmurf420
The Icy Hero

Re: hub oddity

Post by StonerSmurf420 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:21 am

If theres an actual "items sold/bought" minimum requirement id greatly like to know what it is.

StonerSmurf420
The Icy Hero

Post by StonerSmurf420 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:52 pm

Fyi... Tomah Wisconsin has tp quite a bit more stocked than scottsbluff. For any1 who dont have the estate allready... feel free to pm me in-game for an invite.

The_Government

Gold: 11295
Flags: 6466

Post by The_Government on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:50 am

Yeah, it is becoming VERY odd that ScottsBluff is still a Trade Hub, since even I haven't been selling there, and I don't know anyone else who has really lately. It's possible that the Dev's have left it as a Hub simply because there's no other player built Hubs active, but I guess they'd have to be the ones to answer that lol. Maybe it takes a month without significant sales to lose status, who knows. At least we have all the other buildings there by Monks that people actually use, like the refinery and PG.

Joiya

Gold: 211951
Flags: 1388

Post by Joiya on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:56 pm

Waaaay back when, before bluestacks, when web was really through a browser, even then, there was little enough activity in the trade posts that they didn't reach "hub" level. If I recall correctly, back then, the dev explanation was that they were basically manually entering it into their system as a hub and putting the travel estate in everyone's travel list as such. The mobile version was getting enough action in several tradeposts that just having enough activity made a tradepost a hub....and not enough activity meant it didn't get added to the travel list (it was all automated). None of the web versions was getting enough activity, so the devs simply chose the ones that were getting the most action and made them hubs.

{LoT}Vlad
The Death Knight

World: Legends
Gold: 8865713
Flags: 4312

Post by {LoT}Vlad on Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:04 am

This is a good thing is it not? You are only paying 5% tax at Tomah? Or are their benefits to being a Trade Hub that out weighs being taxed at the highest rate?

metalchocobo
The Pack Mule

World: Legends
Gold: 255474
Flags: 449

Post by metalchocobo on Fri May 02, 2014 9:15 am

{LoT}Vlad wrote:This is a good thing is it not? You are only paying 5% tax at Tomah? Or are their benefits to being a Trade Hub that out weighs being taxed at the highest rate?

The only benefits that I know of are simply having the posts in you travel list. I wouldn't fight it, because only 5% or 10% tax is wonderful ;)
It almost sounds like they have a static integer threshhold that must be reached before a "flip" can happen. I would like to know what other trade posts are active without seeing the light of day inside a travel list