Back to PK
forum logo

BlueStacks workaround for APK problems Return to Horizons (Web)

RavenPoe
The Liberator

World: Horizons
Gold: 154844
Flags: 1003

BlueStacks workaround for APK problems

Post by RavenPoe on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:17 am

I don't know if this has been covered, or not, but I figured it wouldn't be a bad thing. You can download the APK directly from BlueStacks without using the various AppStores, but it requires a little work. (Extra details added for those not Android savvy.)

1. Open BS and click the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner.

2. Type "Firefox" and hit Enter.

3. Select the install on "Firefox for Android." It'll search the stores, just select the first one you see. It's a 20MB download, so it may take a little bit if you're on a slower connection.

4. Once Firefox is installed, open it, and browse to "parallelkingdom.com.

5. Once the page is loaded, click the PC/Mac button on the right-hand side. Then the "APK" link, once that page is loaded.

6. BS will take over the download process from here, but you're not through, yet. Click (and hold) the top edge of BS and drag down. This will show you the download progress.

7. Once the APK is finished downloading, it will say "downloaded successfully." Click on that, and install the APK.

8. Load the game, login and enjoy!

Hope this helps anyone who may be having problems running the downloaded APKs manually.

zargboy

Gold: 69043
Flags: 1747

Re: BlueStacks workaround for APK problems

Post by zargboy on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:05 pm

Thank you, I will try that. when I downloaded off PK link, i got a zipped folder with a bunch of other stuff in it.

LMR66
The Pack Mule

Gold: 89535
Flags: 263

Post by LMR66 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:18 pm

I love you :) I've been trying to get this silly BlueStacks thing to work for 2 days. I missed my web character! Thanks a ton!

RickWildstar
The Dragon Slayer

Gold: 64224
Flags: 342

Post by RickWildstar on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:01 am

RavenPoe wrote:I don't know if this has been covered, or not, but I figured it wouldn't be a bad thing. You can download the APK directly from BlueStacks without using the various AppStores, but it requires a little work. (Extra details added for those not Android savvy.)

1. Open BS and click the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner.

2. Type "Firefox" and hit Enter.

3. Select the install on "Firefox for Android." It'll search the stores, just select the first one you see. It's a 20MB download, so it may take a little bit if you're on a slower connection.

4. Once Firefox is installed, open it, and browse to "parallelkingdom.com.

5. Once the page is loaded, click the PC/Mac button on the right-hand side. Then the "APK" link, once that page is loaded.

6. BS will take over the download process from here, but you're not through, yet. Click (and hold) the top edge of BS and drag down. This will show you the download progress.

7. Once the APK is finished downloading, it will say "downloaded successfully." Click on that, and install the APK.

8. Load the game, login and enjoy!

Hope this helps anyone who may be having problems running the downloaded APKs manually.

I Had to use Dolphin Bowser on bluestacks to get PK to work. Just do the same thing just type in Dolphin. andinstall Dolphin browser. then follow Ravens directions.