Back to PK
forum logo

Horizons Desktop Client Instructions Return to Horizons (Web)

whizzle
The Traveler

World: Horizons
Gold: 9823159
Flags: 12227

Re: Horizons Desktop Client Instructions

Post by whizzle on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:16 pm

FWIW, the app does not actually take 2G physical memory. It just says that it does in an error message. It lies. This will make it difficult for us poor slobs to figure out how to install it.

I used the CNet version. The one from the website will not load (I get the 2G memory error message). The CNet version doesn't load well either and hung for about 45 minutes at the files section. I am running an un-updated version. Can't update it.

Downloading the app was another trip. Firefox downloaded but nothing happened when I double clicked. I downloaded again with ie which sent me to winzip (!!) to "unzip" the app. Lalalala. So I unzipped and went back to BlueStacks (hereinafter refered to as BS), clisked "menu" then "my apps" and there it was. Dnk which version.

When you open BS, it just says "loading." Ignore that. It has actually loaded. Just enlarge the screen and go to menu --> My Apps and click PK.

This is extremely buggy software. Makes me wonder if you dev types played with it before you decided to use it. Maybe it's just buggy for me out here in the country on an old machine (XP).

[Hobos]Witch
The Traveler

World: Legends
Gold: 1297509
Flags: 6668

Post by [Hobos]Witch on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:38 pm

I was able to play for about 5 minutes when HP-service.exe claimed all of my cpu. Even after I closed BS I couldn't do anything else. Rebooting now. For about the 5th time today. Experiencing more than a little frustration.

First_Epic_One
The Exterminator

Gold: 26336
Flags: 927

Post by First_Epic_One on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:49 pm

im using a new windows 8 computer and I have downloaded the apk file and bluestacks but it will not let me click on anything on my screen and a bar pops up at the bottom to type stuff ive tried the double clicking the apk file but its not showing up as a apk file I uninstalled the pk online file on bluestacks and now it wont let me reinstall it what should I do I only play web and I want to keep playing

The_PЯΣĐΛTØR
The Rainmaker

Gold: 63601
Flags: 405

Post by The_PЯΣĐΛTØR on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:33 pm

hello i downloaded this and i whould like to be able to play the reson im not able to play is because my name {₣ΛƬΛL}PЯΣĐΛƬØR cant be used :cry: i whould apreasiate it if you can make it is my name can be used to logg in

Weyland
The Traveler

Gold: 1081311
Flags: 942

Post by Weyland on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:44 am

andrew wrote:I'm sorry but this would have been a death knell for the Horizons server. Is that really what you would have wanted. Think about it. An interface you will get use to. Think of every time Facebook or Microsoft changes their interface, but not having the age come feb 12th? That would have felt very sad indeed.

Well, the problem is, that it is not a NEW interface, it's tablet interface, not PC interface. Phone and tablet interfaces are different. It hurts my eyes (physically, too tiny with no option to resize) and playstyle, as why I should play tablet version on PC? There are major and minor annoyances which just do not feel right (all the things people are stating here).

I undrestand, that Horizons was probably unprofitable and you do not want to invest in programming 3rd client with no revenue, but this solution also means death for Horizons, in my opinion.

Chaotic~Boy

Gold: 1518
Flags: 134

Post by Chaotic~Boy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:44 am

MissMoon
The Green

Gold: 15734338
Flags: 1919

Post by MissMoon on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:18 am

Weyland wrote:
andrew wrote:I'm sorry but this would have been a death knell for the Horizons server. Is that really what you would have wanted. Think about it. An interface you will get use to. Think of every time Facebook or Microsoft changes their interface, but not having the age come feb 12th? That would have felt very sad indeed.

Well, the problem is, that it is not a NEW interface, it's tablet interface, not PC interface. Phone and tablet interfaces are different. It hurts my eyes (physically, too tiny with no option to resize) and playstyle, as why I should play tablet version on PC? There are major and minor annoyances which just do not feel right (all the things people are stating here).

I undrestand, that Horizons was probably unprofitable and you do not want to invest in programming 3rd client with no revenue, but this solution also means death for Horizons, in my opinion.

On my laptop, the Bluestacks window is full screen and very large. I realize that on your computer you might not be able to get that same effect, but I see a Bluestacks setting that toggles between "tablet" and "default" for screen size. If you've overlooked it, then try it and see if you can improve your display.

andrew
The PerBlue Designer

Gold: 150965
Flags: 1

Post by andrew on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:10 am

нσтsнσт↝ᎶᎶ wrote:Well i really wanna try the damn bluestacks. But the application doesn't support my "->GG's" in my name. Any chance you can hook me up with a name change ?
[/quote]
Any Hoizons player that is having problems logging in through Bluestacks due to their name please email help@parallelkingdom.com and they will give you 1 Name Change Scroll and then you can login to the web client and change you name. YOU Are responsible for making sure the name you pick is one you can type into Bluestacks. They will NOT give you more than 1 Name Change Scroll. They will NOT give you platinum so you can re-inscribe your weapons or anything else.

ivaodor
The Fury

Gold: 1830108
Flags: 4805

Post by ivaodor on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:37 am

Chaotic~Boy wrote:http://i46.tinypic.com/esp0z6.jpg

works nice :)

My screen appears exactly like that at home on my desktop and it is something I can live with. Being able to view the screen while chat is open is acceptable. However, when I installed on my laptop, my screen isn't the same.

http://www.screencast.com/t/CTIicLi8Ymz

There can only be one window open at a time in the second version. Could there be 2 different APK files? Anyone have the same problem? The one I downloaded and installed at home and a different one here at work. Just odd that I have 2 different setups

[Ðβ].ოคԵì.ツ

Gold: 60746
Flags: 3742

Post by [Ðβ].ოคԵì.ツ on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:13 am

Andrew or other Dev, what can I do if I can not install client on PC due to lack of physical memory? Why it needs 2GB?
What if someone bought plat and now can not install this?

PreviousNext