Back to PK
forum logo

Horizons Desktop Client Instructions Return to Horizons (Web)

K3nto
The Jack of Spades

World: Horizons
Gold: 3588739
Flags: 4776

Re: Horizons Desktop Client Instructions

Post by K3nto on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:45 am

Question regarding the new bluestacks. I play from different computers depending on where I am at the moment, I also play with my sons from at home and we share 2 computer for 3 people at times how will this new bluestack addition work in regards to us not having problems with playing on the same computers? Also, is there a portable version that I can use when I am at a computer lab that I don't have admin privileges on so I am able to log and play without needing to write to the registry, or install resident software?

The one thing I enjoyed most of all about Horizons is that I could log from anywhere I had access to a web browser, this made it handy and increased the enjoyment of playing, hope there is a way to still be able to do that with the new age.

K3

ℳoldyBanana
The Silk Slasher

World: Legends
Flags: 30

Post by ℳoldyBanana on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:15 am

K3nto wrote:The one thing I enjoyed most of all about Horizons is that I could log from anywhere I had access to a web browser...

This new client has some serious potential, though this is the aspect that sent my stomach a-sinking. One potential perk I found was the possibility of installing the app. for use on my Android device. However, having an account already attached to the device (as stated above, but not addressed), I am unable to sign in.

-hal-
The Ignited

Gold: 2399580
Flags: 6714

Post by -hal- on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:53 am

Wanted to say a big thank you to Weyland for his Mac setup instructions on page 4 of this thread. Helped immensely. Now have it working on a PC and Mac.

Tool_Minion
The Brick Wall

Gold: 92969
Flags: 2775

Post by Tool_Minion on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:57 am

K3nto wrote:Question regarding the new bluestacks. I play from different computers depending on where I am at the moment, I also play with my sons from at home and we share 2 computer for 3 people at times how will this new bluestack addition work in regards to us not having problems with playing on the same computers? Also, is there a portable version that I can use when I am at a computer lab that I don't have admin privileges on so I am able to log and play without needing to write to the registry, or install resident software?

The one thing I enjoyed most of all about Horizons is that I could log from anywhere I had access to a web browser, this made it handy and increased the enjoyment of playing, hope there is a way to still be able to do that with the new age.

K3

I'd like to know this too. Also, Andrew I've been chasing you around topics trying to get your email addy....I no longer have access to the email address my account is set up under (I no longer host it) and I cannot retrieve the updated beta clients nor can I contact you to list a new email. Further more, I cannot change it here (maybe Im just not finding the spot in the FAQ) and I would like to continue to enjoy future beta tests and don't want to get chopped for being inactive when I cannot log in.

Please email me @ ToolMinion827@gmail.com or PM me on legends ( [-VR-] Tool_Minion

Appreciate the time, carry on the banter/whining/legit questions/concerns.

K3nto
The Jack of Spades

Post by K3nto on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:17 am

Bump, hoping for an answer to my question soon so I know what steps are required on my end.

K3

K3nto
The Jack of Spades

Post by K3nto on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:49 am

Could we get some Dev feedback please as it affects numerous people?

brick
The PerBlue Developer

World: Legends
Gold: 66075
Flags: 2

Post by brick on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:06 am

Currently it isn't possible to have multiple people play on the same computer.

We will probably be making some small adjustments in coming updates based on the feedback so far.

K3nto
The Jack of Spades

Post by K3nto on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:10 am

brick wrote:Currently it isn't possible to have multiple people play on the same computer.

We will probably be making some small adjustments in coming updates based on the feedback so far.

Hopefully soon, my kids love pk, and it is something that we can do together even with the age distance. thanks for the response.

K3

Zanabette

Gold: 271203
Flags: 8909

Post by Zanabette on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:27 pm

The original post in the Update Hut said: "Only one sub-menu can be open at a time and it will always be in the left side" Somehow, this is not the case for me. Sub-menus do not open at the left. They open full screen. This is true of all sub-menus, including chat. Have I downloaded the wrong version somehow? I clicked on the links in the update post and installed from those. I have uninstalled all, and reinstalled, with the same result. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks :)

whizzle
The Traveler

Gold: 9823159
Flags: 12227

Post by whizzle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:38 pm

So, two questions:

Is there a Bluestacks tech support we can access? Clearly we are having issues with bs and, fabulous as pk tech support is, they aren't issues with pk.

Is there a different emulator we can use?

PreviousNext