Back to PK
forum logo

Horizons Desktop Client Instructions Return to Horizons (Web)

Zanabette

World: Horizons
Gold: 271203
Flags: 8909

Re: Horizons Desktop Client Instructions

Post by Zanabette on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:47 am

by ivaodor on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:37 am

Chaotic~Boy wrote:
http://i46.tinypic.com/esp0z6.jpg
works nice

My screen appears exactly like that at home on my desktop and it is something I can live with. Being able to view the screen while chat is open is acceptable. However, when I installed on my laptop, my screen isn't the same.

http://www.screencast.com/t/CTIicLi8Ymz

There can only be one window open at a time in the second version. Could there be 2 different APK files? Anyone have the same problem? The one I downloaded and installed at home and a different one here at work. Just odd that I have 2 different setups

I finally got Chaotic~Boy's version after repeated tries. This is what ended up working for me, although I have no idea if all the steps are necessary, or which one (or more) made the difference:

• Uninstalled Bluestacks and Notification Center
  • Updated Java
  • Cleaned registry (to remove all Bluestacks entries)
  • Reinstalled Bluestacks
  • Downloaded and installed new .apk file from first post in this thread

Now it works. *shrugs* I had reinstalled and uninstalled repeatedly prior to that, so I don't know if it was uninstalling the Notification Center, the java, or the registry cleaning that made the difference. Anyone else tried any of this?

When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills. ~Chinese proverb

ivaodor
The Fury

Gold: 1830108
Flags: 4805

Post by ivaodor on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Zanabette wrote:
by ivaodor on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:37 am

Chaotic~Boy wrote:
http://i46.tinypic.com/esp0z6.jpg
works nice

My screen appears exactly like that at home on my desktop and it is something I can live with. Being able to view the screen while chat is open is acceptable. However, when I installed on my laptop, my screen isn't the same.

http://www.screencast.com/t/CTIicLi8Ymz

There can only be one window open at a time in the second version. Could there be 2 different APK files? Anyone have the same problem? The one I downloaded and installed at home and a different one here at work. Just odd that I have 2 different setups

I finally got Chaotic~Boy's version after repeated tries. This is what ended up working for me, although I have no idea if all the steps are necessary, or which one (or more) made the difference:

• Uninstalled Bluestacks and Notification Center
  • Updated Java
  • Cleaned registry (to remove all Bluestacks entries)
  • Reinstalled Bluestacks
  • Downloaded and installed new .apk file from first post in this thread

Now it works. *shrugs* I had reinstalled and uninstalled repeatedly prior to that, so I don't know if it was uninstalling the Notification Center, the java, or the registry cleaning that made the difference. Anyone else tried any of this?

When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills. ~Chinese proverb

Hehehe.. I will have to try that on the laptop. Hope it works for me :)

Rock_Hound
The Grand Master Knight

Gold: 15511014
Flags: 1860

Post by Rock_Hound on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:43 am

When the update is complete will Horizons players be able to update the app from Bluestacks or will there be a link posted to the updated app?

StonerSmurf420
The Icy Hero

Gold: 184668
Flags: 696

Post by StonerSmurf420 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:01 am

Rock~Hound wrote:When the update is complete will Horizons players be able to update the app from Bluestacks or will there be a link posted to the updated app?

Id like to know whats going on with horizons also being that i still cant find it in the google play store.

SillyGenius
The Hero of Aquaria

Gold: 167543
Flags: 171

Post by SillyGenius on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:41 pm

"Tap this for more information. your client is out of date. please update it."

This is what i got when i tried to log in to the new age using the horizons app on that bluestacks business we had to download. It said "tap this for more information", so i did. It confirmed the new age was up and running and had links to update the client for apple and android users.
I'M NOT USING APPLE OR ANDROID! I'm a windows 7 pc user!

Anyone with a solution?

Zanabette

Post by Zanabette on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:25 pm

SillyGenius wrote:"Tap this for more information. your client is out of date. please update it."

This is what i got when i tried to log in to the new age using the horizons app on that bluestacks business we had to download. It said "tap this for more information", so i did. It confirmed the new age was up and running and had links to update the client for apple and android users.
I'M NOT USING APPLE OR ANDROID! I'm a windows 7 pc user!

Anyone with a solution?

Step-by-step update instructions:

• Open your downloads folder and delete the previously downloaded .apk file.
  • Open Bluestacks, click on Settings in bottom right corner, choose Manage Applications, and click the "Delete" button next to PK. When it finishes, close Bluestacks.
  • Go to the first post in this thread (you may as well bookmark the page ;) ), and click on the "APK file" link in Step 2 (or click here). When download is complete, double click the file to open and install it.

Looks like we will be doing this every time there is an update. :shock:

Now come and join the fun! :D

*OFWGKTA*
The Stonecore Titan

World: Legends
Gold: 601880
Flags: 40

Post by *OFWGKTA* on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:20 pm

Ive tried logging on to horizons server via bluestacks... i have followed all the instructions and still cant log on...can anyone help? I have tried this on mac

Twistdshade
The Death Knight

World: Legends
Gold: 351229
Flags: 1142

Post by Twistdshade on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:09 pm

I quit PK web because of this, I quit PK mobile because there's no app for Windows Phone

Zanabette

Post by Zanabette on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:00 am

There are buttons to links for new easier instructions on the main page now. But I finally got it to work by installing an older BlueStacks client that was available from cnet.com. It works just fine with older graphics cards. And if you downloaded the original apk file, it was later updated - so you need to download it again and start over lol. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! The air hunting is awesome gold, so I'm glad I kept trying! :lol:

Rotiripsnoc

Gold: 17979
Flags: 156

Post by Rotiripsnoc on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:38 am

THey need to Add support for ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 graphics chipset, unable to play until they do, been asking them for support for some time now, my char is inactive.

PreviousNext