Back to PK
forum logo

tower abuse Return to Legends (Android, iOS)

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

World: Legends
Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Re: tower abuse

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:21 pm

But if you aren't logged off (are green) then you do respawn, and after 5 minutes the tower kills you. This is an intended mechanism. I therefor don't think there was any abuse in the case that started this thread.

The player failed to log off, he just went afk.

I have stood and watched while my towers killed my enemy, when he was respawned after I killed his griffin even tho he was logged off. He did not respawn till he logged back on.

A few minutes ago he logged on. He stood on my dock. I tried to net him to be told he was jump protected. I needed to take no action - he was not quick enough and as soon as his protection wore off - he died. On his respawn he did manage to launch his griffin, I launched my ship, started attacking him and he disappeared (presumably he managed to jump just before his griffin died this time).

So if you are green, you respawn and the towers auto attack as soon as jump protection ends. You then die, to respawn after 15 seconds, then 5 minutes later the towers kill you - ad infinitum. Where is the abuse?

belivingtheword
The Fury

Gold: 8617479
Flags: 399

Post by belivingtheword on Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:36 pm

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) wrote:But if you aren't logged off (are green) then you do respawn, and after 5 minutes the tower kills you. This is an intended mechanism. I therefor don't think there was any abuse in the case that started this thread...
Where is the abuse?

I see the original post was deleted. But I remember it was something like this:

1. Find a random person
2. Build a tower and enemy him
3. Get a friend to enemy this person
4. Enemy your friend so your tower hits both of them till offline person dies.
5. Pick up backpack
6. Friend your friend

Repeat steps 4-6 until the offline person is dried up of packs and drops his inventory.

That sounds like abuse of game mechanics.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:45 pm

I'm just saying you don't need to enemy yr friend, if an enemy is next to your tower and afk but green, your tower will kill them anyway. As they are green, they respawn and when their jump protection ends it will kill them again. That is the way the tower works.

Lesson - do not stand next to an enemies guard tower, if even you don't move it will kill you.

[nsa]bruse~lee

World: Horizons
Gold: 19151
Flags: 2

Post by [nsa]bruse~lee on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:43 am

the way they did it overnight was the player (a) is afk blayer (b) makes a tower next to player (a) player (c) makes player (b) an enemie and stands near player (a) forceing player (b's) tower to spray hit player (a) while they have a sapling close enough to player (c) to keep player (c) healed but just out of reach from player (a) so he gets repeat killed and once he is at 1 hp backpacks drop every 15 sec till he looses thousands of backpacks in one night and looses everything he has ......that is abuse but player (b) and (c) will tell you stories about how it is a legit part of the game and they do nothing wrong

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:53 am

I'm just saying that they didn't need to do it that way.

Find an enemy green but doing nothing
Build a guard tower next to him
Wait
Backpacks start dropping every 5 minutes and 15 seconds.

Nasty? YES
Unfair? YES

But no more unfair than the assassins who used to go hunting for offline players to kill.
Or the "trade post assassins" who would lie in wait for players visiting HV and for those leaving the trade Post.
Or any other game mechanic players use.

When the towers were changed so that they shot unmoving nonaggressive enemies it was done to stop a different abuse.

If a player chooses not to log off (has app running in background say) that is his choice.

I am not saying what they did was nice, or fair, or good gamesmanship.

What I am saying is it is not abuse!

{DPFI}-EsquireT3
The Gravefist

Gold: 4787124
Flags: 4457

Post by {DPFI}-EsquireT3 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:13 pm

This does seem to be unfair but doesn't come across as breaking rules or TOS. I learned early to not go offline/afk in unknown or safe area. I tell my friends and members that when you go away, make sure your somewhere safe.

Even though this is a underhanded way to play the game, it is strategic and seemingly applicable. With that said, I would be pissed if this did happen to me.

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:22 pm

I would be mad at myself for not noticing myself dying this many times while I'm online :-p

Diokhan
The Phoenix

Gold: 633544
Flags: 3701

Post by Diokhan on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:08 pm

I remember, that a kd member was having a strange bug ... 3-4 seconds after logged of, he was going green again (no login notification to friends like always) for hours, and every time, before he logged on again, he was going first grey then green. was having this bug over a year.

and 2? weeks ago, kd members asked me, how I can move around and kill stags while beeing grey.

Previous