Back to PK
forum logo

tower abuse Return to Legends (Android, iOS)

[NSA]Bruce~Lee
The War Hero

World: Horizons
Gold: 342006
Flags: 380

tower abuse

Post by [NSA]Bruce~Lee on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:08 am

Unreal
Last edited by [NSA]Bruce~Lee on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElmMinister 

Re: tower abuse

Post by ElmMinister  on Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Sounds like a breach of tos rules. Using a glitch to take advantage of another player.

Indy™
探索者宗师

World: Legends
Gold: 142776877
Flags: 2363

Post by Indy™ on Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:16 pm

[NSA]Bruce~Lee wrote:so i figure i would put this out there for your opinions do you think this is abuse of the game or not ?

This is not for us (the players) to decide. Please simply collect evidence, document, and report to tech-support.

[NSA]Bruce~Lee
The War Hero

Post by [NSA]Bruce~Lee on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:11 pm

i have reported this issue multiple times all my cases get closed with no response so im asking the players there opinion

belivingtheword
The Fury

Gold: 8617479
Flags: 399

Post by belivingtheword on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:07 am

This looks a lot like shelling used to. It can result in account deletion .

'Shadow'
The Dread Pirate

Gold: 277734
Flags: 11176

Post by 'Shadow' on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:52 am

Definitely against tos I really hope the people at perblue resolve this matter with the maximum punishment to those who abused the system if not I would like to get a name list of those willing to take some kind of strike action/ withdrawal of plat subscription so we do not pay rl money to fund this abuse/ billing tactics

Post by       on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:50 am

OK here i go, straight from pk's terms:
3. Your Conduct

You agree NOT to:
reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Game in any form of client or server, including code in any and all programming languages;

modify or attempt to modify or in any way tamper with the Game, including without limitation modifying or automating the Game characters or changing, blocking or in any way disrupting Location Information from the Device of any User (including Yours) so that such Location Information no longer reflects the true and correct location of a User;

block any advertising in connection with PK;

copy or clone the Game

use profanity in any communications with other Users in all available channels supported in relationship to PK including chats, personal messages, status messages, profile pictures, and player bios;

include any sexually explicit text, picture, or other material or language including references to sexually explicit material in any communication to other Users in all available channels supported in relationship to PK including chats, personal messages, status messages, profile pictures, and player bio;

include any personally identifiable information in your user ID or Game alias;

use the Game to find the location of any other User other than for purposes of playing the Game;

stalk, harass or threaten other Users;

physically or emotionally harm other Users;

commit any illegal action through use of the Game;

sell items, user accounts, or access to user accounts or Game content for valid currency or items of monetary value;

share or allow others to use Your account. You are responsible for maintaining the security of Your account, including, but not limited to, login information, password, e-mail, and all activity that occurs on Your account, including, but not limited to, Food purchases, item drops, messages, and chats;

transfer an account to any other person or entity for any reason including in the event of death or any disability;

maintain more than one account;

reveal any personal information about another individual, including another person's address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number or any information that may be used to track, contact or impersonate that individual;

attempt to impersonate any other party whether a person or entity;

create user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses or mislead others as to the origins of your communications;

trick, defraud or mislead PerBlue or other Users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as passwords and login information;

take advantage of any glitch or bug in PK, especially in any attempt to gain monetary value or learn sensitive account information of other Users;

make improper use of PerBlue’s support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct;

engage in any commercial activities, including, without limitation, any attempt to raise money for anyone or advertise or promote a product, service, website, pyramid scheme or other multi-tiered marketing scheme;

disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in PerBlue's opinion, PK and/or PerBlue including its owners and employees;

disseminate or transmit viruses, worms, Trojan horses, RATs, keyboard loggers, time bombs, spyware, adware, cancelbots or any other malicious or invasive code or program;

interfere with or circumvent any security feature of PK or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to PK or User Submissions;

engage in cheating or any other activity deemed by PerBlue to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of PK.

end quote

The bolded texts is where I have a problem with being called "fuckstick" for one. But nobody cares about how I'm treated here so moving along from that now.

The underlined text is what (I think) you are accusing me of. These mostly depend on whether or not this is a bug. I acted under the assumption that the splash damage feature was intended to decrease survivability in a war zone, and if you are offline then you should not be able to respawn and be killed again, as another feature of parallel kingdom (I have heard stories of a time before that feature was added when you could find someone sleeping and kill them over and over with your weapon, I don't know if this is true, but just saying). His bubble was green he whole time, and before he 'logged out' he mentioned he was playing via remote connection to his PC through his iphone. He should have quit parallel kingdom before leaving. If he had went offline, like the game was made to do, we could have only killed him once and that would be that. Instead he chose to stay green in an active war zone, so I do not think this was a glitch. If per blue does decide this is a glitch or a bug they should update and remove it immediately. Until then, make sure you log out when you are done playing. Happy pk-ing

[NSA]Bruce~Lee
The War Hero

Post by [NSA]Bruce~Lee on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:08 am

so you are admitting that you and spartan did what i said and you both knew he was not online/afk the fact of the matter is this his character after death will respawn if not logged off but once you respawn towers do not attack again till you move your character . so the only way he could lost all his backpacks and all his gear/mats would be for you two to abuse the system and force the tower to repeat attack him till he losses everything

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:05 pm

Actually, I think the way towers operate was amended some time ago so that they DO attack enemies even if they don't move. I may be wrong... But I'm sure I read this and thought "oh sh...."
I'm a Druid - the fact that towers only attacked me if I was red or moved was important to how I operated in a war zone. I know that I considered how to change my "modus operandi" when near towers due to reading about this change. But I haven't been in a war situation where I have had to consider this, but I do know that enemies towers and golems attack me when I jump within range even if I don't move and am green, even outside a war zone. It's a case of "sh....." And jump away as fast as possible.

So the problem here is the fact that he was afk, but because he was still online he was killed again and again. Was this abuse of a glitch? Well.... I beg to differ. I am aware that enemies towers attack me when I'm online and with range - so I have disabled "run in background" to prevent this occurring.

I have noted however that when in Cerberus's chamber I seem to respawn and have occasionally logged back in to a pile of backpacks.....

[NSA]Bruce~Lee
The War Hero

Post by [NSA]Bruce~Lee on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:34 pm

you may want to go test this out again for yourself you do not get repeated attacks from a tower upon respawning unless you go agro or move within range of said tower what was done was 2 friends of each other mad each other enemies so there tower would hit the other and the afk player would be repeat attacked by the said tower that IS abuse of the game

Next