Back to PK
forum logo

Server full when jumping to Texas Return to Legends (Android, iOS)

ⓜⓘⓚⓔ口ⓜⓚ
The Liberator

World: Legends
Gold: 204234
Flags: 1136

Server full when jumping to Texas

Post by ⓜⓘⓚⓔ口ⓜⓚ on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:04 pm

I cannot jump to the Texas server the past couple days. It tells me Server is full, try again in a few minutes. Any idea on when it will be open?

Indy™
探索者宗师

Gold: 142776877
Flags: 2363

Re: Server full when jumping to Texas

Post by Indy™ on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:28 pm

There is a war going on in Texas at the moment. Some war kingdoms decided it would be fun to attack kingdom of O'rion. Given the scale of PK war these days, this inevitably presses a server to its capacity limits. If you are not involved, your best option is to avoid going to Texas in PK until activity level subsides.

MillerJR
The Brick Wall

Gold: 327278
Flags: 10183

Post by MillerJR on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:04 am

Indy™ wrote: Some war kingdoms decided it would be fun to attack kingdom of O'rion.

Never had a problem with you indy but Orion deserved to be attacked as much as any other active war kingdom. There hands are just as deep in the war sandbox as all of ours. So yeah try not to be so condescending as if orion is some innocent kingdom anymore.

Indy™
探索者宗师

Post by Indy™ on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:57 am

"condescending"? What part of that sentence is not factual? I made absolutely zero judgemental statement and I strive to keep forum posts that way.

MillerJR
The Brick Wall

Post by MillerJR on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:23 am

Indy™ wrote:"condescending"? What part of that sentence is not factual? I made absolutely zero judgemental statement and I strive to keep forum posts that way.

con·de·scend
[kon-duh-send] Show IPA
verb (used without object)
to behave as if one is conscious of descending from a superior position, rank, or dignity.
to stoop or deign to do something: He would not condescend to misrepresent the facts.
to put aside one's dignity or superiority voluntarily and assume equality with one regarded as inferior: He condescended to their intellectual level in order to be understood.
Obsolete .
a.
to yield.
b.
to assent.

Every part of your statement was factual I was referring to the condescending tone as if Orion was on some moral high ground and didn't deserve to be attacked but instead were just picked randomly.

Indy™
探索者宗师

Post by Indy™ on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:01 am

I simply made statement of fact. There are "Some war kingdoms decided it would be fun to attack kingdom of O'rion."

What part offended you?
* "Some war kingdoms"? Fact: There are multiple kingdoms that specialize in war participating in the attack.
* "Fun"?: Fact: PK is a game. If you are not having fun, you're playing the wrong game.
* "Kingdom of O'rion"? Fact: They are the target of the attack and are located in Texas.
If you are offended by any of that, I think you should look to yourself to see why you found it offending. Do you feel conflicted being in a "war kingdom"? Do you feel guilty for having "fun"? Or do you still have harbor resentment towards "O'rion"?

Now... if you want "condescending" with some sort of "moral high ground" then I would have said something like: "A bunch of selfish players that only care about war aspect of the game with poor sense of sportsmanship and zero regard for enjoyment of the game by other players have decided to attack the kingdom of O'rion for no other reason than for their own entertainment at the expense of other players who are now locked out and can't enjoy the game until the war is over". But then I did not say that..... :D

MillerJR
The Brick Wall

Post by MillerJR on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:27 am

No where did I say I was offended. Just saying it came off condescending.
And yes I do harbor ill will towards Orion, you would to if they decided to start burning you after defending them.

if you were truly trying to be bias about the statement as you claim you are, a simple " yea Orion is being attacked in south Texas".

And why are you still hung up stating facts as if anyone was claiming you are telling lies. I posted the definition of condescending so you wouldn't be confused. then simply said not to be so condescending. in retrospect I did mean to ask you not to be so condescending but I did type it as a statement. Either way im not calling you a liar... im simply saying that your remark is condescending

quit playing word games and quit putting words in my mouth.

Indy™
探索者宗师

Post by Indy™ on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:54 am

Let me rephase: what part did you find condescending? You really ought not feel inferior by hearing words like "war kingdom" or "having fun" or "O'rion". And if you do, I feel sorry for you - they are just words with no malicious intent.

MillerJR
The Brick Wall

Post by MillerJR on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:09 am

Whatever Indy you insist on being difficult then have at it. But don't forget its issues like mine with orion is why the anti sHitCo alliance is doing so poorly. After years of fighting for ya'll only two kds didn't turn on me that's VL (where are they now btw?) and BadNewsBears. I never asked anyone in the alliance to attack orion but to talk to them for the sake of keeping the peace. Instead I got neutral msgs and enemy msgs from players/kds I have fought along side with long before orion was even around the war scene. Keep that attitude you'll go far.

~{O'Rion}~KillerCenturion
The Liberator

Gold: 2475
Flags: 480

Post by ~{O'Rion}~KillerCenturion on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:36 pm

MillerBearJR wrote:Whatever Indy you insist on being difficult then have at it. But don't forget its issues like mine with orion is why the anti sHitCo alliance is doing so poorly. After years of fighting for ya'll only two kds I didn't turn my back on that's VL (where are they now btw?) and BadNewsBears. I never asked anyone in the alliance to attack orion but to talk to them for the sake of keeping the peace. Instead I got neutral msgs and enemy msgs from players/kds I have fought along side with long before orion was even around the war scene. Keep that attitude you'll go far.

There I corrected it for you :D

Next