Back to PK
forum logo

Food Prices are out of control!! Return to Legends (Android, iOS)

{Lègîóñ}Σ╬€ℜ₦ÄŁ↭ℜÄĜ€
The Death Knight

World: Legends
Gold: 1139647
Flags: 4115

Food Prices are out of control!!

Post by {Lègîóñ}Σ╬€ℜ₦ÄŁ↭ℜÄĜ€ on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:03 am

Food prices are at historic levels and the Devs need to act on this. It is out of control. Once gold for food prices go over 300 per, the Devs need to do something to bring prices back down. In the past, they have done this by releasing limited time food packages like the one with the free ship or the one with the Ice Wolf mask (cool limited swag...stuff that will make people want to spend real money). This makes people buy the food package with real money and they exchange their newly gotten food at the TP in exchange for gold and other stuff and keeps food prices at a reasonable level. If this is not done, eventually you will lose players and prevent new players from wanting to get into the game because they can't afford food to level. Please act on this quickly Devs. Food prices are out of control. Please post if you agree with me on this. Doing limited edition food packages will keep food prices in check which will make players happy and will put money in the pockets of the creators of this great game which will make the Devs happy. Win/Win for all.

MillerJR
The Brick Wall

Gold: 327278
Flags: 10183

Re: Food Prices are out of control!!

Post by MillerJR on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:39 am

Personally i refuse to sell the food i buy (20k a month + ) unless prices are over 350per.

gⓞⓞƒ™
The Phoenix

Gold: 708891
Flags: 2479

Post by gⓞⓞƒ™ on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:12 pm

I don't see how food prices are outrageous I just bought 1k at NYC for 330k sorry but that's only 300 per + tax u can expect food to bounce around so with the new age but food prices ain't that bad it ain't like it was before silkie nurf anyway

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:10 pm

Players control the food price. Players were so pleased with the amount of gold made in the Sky. But a lot of gold means that food prices rise (gold supply has risen so much that demand for gold has fallen so food rises).

It happens EVERY time gold becomes more plentiful... It happened with silkies...

Until more food enters the market, gold prices will be high IN COMPARISON. Food has been higher (I remember 400gold per), then the devs did an across the board gold nerf - and everyone complained. Then the devs nerfed silking and everyone was up in arms BUT GOLD SUPPLY FELL, so gold rose in value against food and food became cheaper.

Players must decide what they want - great gold but expensive food. Or reasonable gold and cheaper food. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS

MillerJR
The Brick Wall

Post by MillerJR on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:17 pm

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) wrote:Players control the food price. Players were so pleased with the amount of gold made in the Sky. But a lot of gold means that food prices rise (gold supply has risen so much that demand for gold has fallen so food rises).

It happens EVERY time gold becomes more plentiful... It happened with silkies...

Until more food enters the market, gold prices will be high IN COMPARISON. Food has been higher (I remember 400gold per), then the devs did an across the board gold nerf - and everyone complained. Then the devs nerfed silking and everyone was up in arms BUT GOLD SUPPLY FELL, so gold rose in value against food and food became cheaper.

Players must decide what they want - great gold but expensive food. Or reasonable gold and cheaper food. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS

MillerJR
The Brick Wall

Post by MillerJR on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:18 pm

^^^
That needed to be said twice

{Lègîóñ}Σ╬€ℜ₦ÄŁ↭ℜÄĜ€
The Death Knight

Gold: 1139647
Flags: 4115

Post by {Lègîóñ}Σ╬€ℜ₦ÄŁ↭ℜÄĜ€ on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:50 pm

You can have it both ways. If you read all of what I wrote, by offering limited time swag food packages and bringing food in from outside the game, that will lower prices. It's happened before when food dropped to 250 per when they gave the ship free in a food package and again when they offered the ice wolf mask. They need to do more of this is all I'm saying. I'm surprised they haven't.

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:35 pm

"Historic levels" is more like 450 gold per food iirc. And frankly, I can't think of a reason it couldn't get back there the way things are.

300 gold per food is about the neighborhood food has always been in since the market stablized after the silk burrower "fix". Having it go a few points higher than that really isn't a cause for alarm. A lot of new food sinks were added to the game in the new age, and the devs specifically rewarded new-age food buyers so that it wouldn't have a major destabilizing effect on the economy. Because of this, food went somewhat lower than it has been in a long time for awhile, and I'm someone who gladly took advantage of it at the time and sold more mats for food than gold for awhile.

There is more gold than before. Most of the new food is probably eaten up by air ship upgrades and the mass of dungeon running everyone has done over the last two weeks. So, like K'Tilqr said, higher price of food is expected when the demand for food has been high and the supply of gold has increased.

Hey, everyone likes a good bonus for buying food, but if you make it a very frequent thing, then it doesn't cause more food to be bought, it causes people to hold off buying food until the next bonus thing. I think over time that would cause the value of food to be less stable, not more.

Clinch_Victory
The Ignited

World: Horizons
Gold: 6965111
Flags: 1156

Post by Clinch_Victory on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:30 pm

Food prices on the legends server are far lower than on horizons. Last I checked the cheapest food on web was 600 per in the tp. I wouldn't be surprised if legends went the same way. I'd be happy if food went down to 350 per!

unsungwar
The Platinum Champion

Gold: 15232698
Flags: 2369

Post by unsungwar on Thu May 09, 2013 11:02 am

Lol... trying to play pk without even topping up a single cent? I am ok with that.. but whats with trying to stop gold price increase? Lmao... and why would dev help those ppl that wont spend a single cent on this game? Its ppl that spend real cash on pk that is keeping this game on going. Please don go overboard...

Next