So, if you've signed into PK one day and found that all of the images, or some of them, have turned into ? marks, chances are pretty good that you will need to follow these very simple instructions.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE STEPS BELOW BEFORE BEGINNING THIS RELATIVELY SHORT PROCESS!
1) Copy your PK username into an email or something and send the email to yourself in case you can't re-type it (due to your name being symbols or something).
2) Figure out your password if you don't remember it. Here's the reset form if you need it: Password Reset
3) Uninstall the PK app. (read below, first)
- Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications
- Select the tab named Downloaded at the top
- Find 'PK AOT'. Select it.
- Tap the following, in order: Clear Cache, Clear Data, then Uninstall. Follow all prompts.
4) Now, go to the Market (Play Store)
5) Search for Astro File Manager (it's free). Download and Install it.
6) Open Astro. It'll give you a list of file locations. You need to find a folder named pk and delete it.
- NOTE: TABLET USERS: On my Asus Transformer tablet, I have to select "Locations", then "Local Storage 2". Selecting Local Storage 2 will bring up a list of folders, one of which is the 'pk' folder. Long-press on the pk folder, and select Delete. This operation takes anywhere from 1-10 minutes, so don't be scared if it seems like its taking forever.
- NOTE: PHONE USERS: When you run Astro for the first time, you'll be presented with a screen that has an orange button at the top labeled "Manage My Files". Tap that. You'll be presented with a list of folders, one of which is the 'pk' folder. Long-press on the pk folder, and select Delete. This operation takes anywhere from 1-10 minutes, so don't be scared if it seems like its taking forever.
- If you need help on this step, please ask here.
7) NOW, re-download the Parallel Kingdom app. You'll need to sign in again, which is why I instructed you to make note of your Username and Password in Step 1, above.
8) When you sign in for the first time after this process is completed, you may still have a few ? Marks for images, but set your phone down (or put it on charge if needed) and wait a few minutes for all of the PK images to re-download.
Long story short, here, is that it appears a permission on the 'pk' folder gets changed or something, which blocks any new images from being downloaded or even accessed form the application. I personally do not believe this is an issue with the PK app itself. It's more possible that something glitches within the Android filesystem itself when it comes to the pk folder, which if you don't already know, contains nearly 5,000 images.