[①%ℯя]-☠BigDaddyCaNe☠
The Death Knight

World: Legends
Gold: 10035310
Flags: 21822

Re: ☞ PK City Directory V.2 [10523 - 2814 additions]

Post by [①%ℯя]-☠BigDaddyCaNe☠ on Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:17 pm

[Hobos]Kawigi wrote:
[①%ℯя]☠CaNe☠ wrote:Looking for Hobos who have Canadian citys i can get off them plz

Fellow Canadian here wants his countrys citys in estates give me a hand!!!

PM me in game, 5k per city i dont have.

*sentinel*, Roberto-the-magnificent and [Hobo]Cop are all Canadian players that I believe have a good variety of Canadian estates. Mourning Tree is also good with eastern Canada.

Ty kawigi i know Roberto is busy with sky bucks hat but i shall bug the others you mentioned ;) ty sir!

And i thought Hobo cop was inactive?

sukomb
The Roc King

Gold: 182756113
Flags: 13239

Post by sukomb on Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:08 am

I would like to know player search URL. I sometimes look into city information by browser, use google but not always hit the info. Link Player search to wiki guide, then this thread will be no longer needed.

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:19 pm

[①%ℯя]☠CaNe☠ wrote:And i thought Hobo cop was inactive?

He's been back for awhile :-)

sukomb wrote:I would like to know player search URL. I sometimes look into city information by browser, use google but not always hit the info. Link Player search to wiki guide, then this thread will be no longer needed.

Player search is in the game, it's the search box when you go to "Players" from the menu. It will find up to 25 players, cities and kingdoms with names that contain a certain substring. It's not perfect (especially for short names or common names), but it's the most reliable way to check if a city already exists. I don't know of a way to use player search outside the game (but, to be clear, I would LOVE if such a thing exists :-) )

sukomb
The Roc King

Gold: 182756113
Flags: 13239

Post by sukomb on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:46 pm

I meant I would like to use player search outside of the game, like you can see average trade price from wiki guide link. I don't think player data is sensitive info that require to login.

Also, it would be fantastic if I could access my estate list from computer browser (should need login).

Oh yeah, I wish I could see my gem box !! These are not handy for me in game … maybe because I'm using old iOS device?
(Oh I'm sorry I requested too many … I'm greedy :P Expecting devs or guide editors can do something :) )

Vaxhacker
The Rainmaker

Gold: 293530
Flags: 3901

Post by Vaxhacker on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:28 am

[Hobos]Kawigi wrote:The correct way to find profile information for cities is to search for the name on Player Search in-game. This will list players, then cities, then kingdoms, I believe up to 25 of each that partially match what you type in, and it handles special characters well (unlike the estate list search/filter box). Occasionally, particularly with really short city names, it might not find them, but it

Thanks, just found this reply today. Reposted the same question today in Strategy. And, yes, I did use the in-game method BEFORE using Google. The in-game method does lack a Search Complete or Failed message, helpful when I'm wondering whether I've lost my server connection.

Would be great if PerBlue could choose a method between real world and in-game cities, as they can be miles apart.

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:41 am

Vaxhacker wrote:
[Hobos]Kawigi wrote:The correct way to find profile information for cities is to search for the name on Player Search in-game. This will list players, then cities, then kingdoms, I believe up to 25 of each that partially match what you type in, and it handles special characters well (unlike the estate list search/filter box). Occasionally, particularly with really short city names, it might not find them, but it

Thanks, just found this reply today. Reposted the same question today in Strategy. And, yes, I did use the in-game method BEFORE using Google. The in-game method does lack a Search Complete or Failed message, helpful when I'm wondering whether I've lost my server connection.

Would be great if PerBlue could choose a method between real world and in-game cities, as they can be miles apart.

What do you mean "choose a method"? Cities are where players build them, within the constraints that PK sets.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:10 pm

City placement used to be partly luck. Build a city and it was given the name of the nearest unbuilt rl city (population >2000 in the database) within 10 km (please correct me if I'm wrong). Trying to build a city could be difficult. Sometimes the name on the map and the name in the database differed. Sexmoan in the Phillipines is a good example.

When the city development was totally revamped during Age of Thrones, the rules on building cities was tightened up. They now had to be within 2km of the city centre co-ordinates, and over 2km from any other cities flags. This stopped cities joining into one solid mass of black flags, reduced the number of possible cities, and made hiding the centre nearly impossible. Pre-existing cities couldn't be changed obviously but if destroyed trying to rebuild them can be difficult. Look how many cities were built before New York City was successfully rebuilt following it's destruction.

Previous